Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) U2GemExport (Read 2523 times)
Martin Vole

Oldunreal member

U2GemExport
Feb 16th, 2018 at 11:31am
Print Post  
If anyone is interested, U2GemExport is a tool that converts the Unreal 2 GEM meshes and animations to PSK and PSA, respectively.

It was made, and publicly released by VendorX at beyondunreal forums back in 2013, with help and blessings given by Chris Hargrove himself. It is no longer available online, due to files being lost on dropbox, but I do still have the tool backed up. So, enjoy!

LINK

Just a note, as far as I know this cannot convert weapon models. Has anyone ever converted all the weapon models?

IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Re: U2GemExport
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2018 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Woah, great! Thank you for providing this. The Golem thing is a pain in the butt, anything that can bypass it is a godsend. I guess this is one of the tools that were used to port most models for UT2004.

You must construct additional pylons.
IP Logged

AlCapowned

Oldunreal member

Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2018 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
It's a great tool. One thing to note is that you'll need to import the models into Milkshape 3d and export them again, otherwise there will be a bunch of issues (unless VendorX fixed that, but I don't think he did).

Martin Vole wrote on Feb 16th, 2018 at 11:31am:
Just a note, as far as I know this cannot convert weapon models. Has anyone ever converted all the weapon models?

Not as far as I know. Technically it does convert them, the problem is how they were set up to begin with. Most of the weapons are made up of a bunch of different static meshes that are attached to the skeletons by the Golem system, and some of the weapons have separate skeletons for the arms and guns that are also somehow connected by Golem (and I never did figure out how to attach the two without breaking the animations). I think I got the takkra and dispersion pistol converted at some point since those two only had one static mesh each.

IP Logged

SteadZ

UMS Captain

Reply #3 - Feb 17th, 2018 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
We (well, Gizzy/ Bleeder) managed to convert most, if not all of the weapons from Unreal 2 to Unreal 227 for the RTNP Episodes. I'll find out how complete they are if you guys are interested. Smiley

SZ

IP Logged

Martin Vole

Oldunreal member

Reply #4 - Feb 17th, 2018 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Wait, waaait... you mean, converted, as in coded, working, and everything? Even the Spider Gun and the Singularity Cannon? Psshhh! Hell yeah, I'd be interested!

I've been converting player classes and such to 227, managed to get all Izanagi mercs, the marines, John Dalton, and the heavy Liandri so far. Even ported the gibs, that part was fun. I even have them scream when they fall for a while, like from U2.

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Reply #5 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 7:20am
Print Post  
Mirrored this tool here: http://www.oldunreal.com/tools.html

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Martin Vole

Oldunreal member

Reply #6 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Smirftsch wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 7:20am:
Mirrored this tool here: http://www.oldunreal.com/tools.html

Nice! Thanks, that'll keep it from disappearing again.

SteadZ wrote on Feb 17th, 2018 at 12:48pm:
We (well, Gizzy/ Bleeder) managed to convert most, if not all of the weapons from Unreal 2 to Unreal 227 for the RTNP Episodes. I'll find out how complete they are if you guys are interested. Smiley

SZ

As said, I'm interested. If you guys got the Shock Lance set up, I may even be able to port the Izarians.

IP Logged

AlCapowned

Oldunreal member

Reply #7 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Martin Vole wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:21pm:
As said, I'm interested. If you guys got the Shock Lance set up, I may even be able to port the Izarians.

The Izarians have been partially ported to Unreal for Resurgence (without the Shock Lance), so you can use that as a base if you want.

IP Logged

SteadZ

UMS Captain

Reply #8 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Martin Vole wrote on Feb 17th, 2018 at 10:55pm:
Wait, waaait... you mean, converted, as in coded, working, and everything? Even the Spider Gun and the Singularity Cannon? Psshhh! Hell yeah, I'd be interested!

I've been converting player classes and such to 227, managed to get all Izanagi mercs, the marines, John Dalton, and the heavy Liandri so far. Even ported the gibs, that part was fun. I even have them scream when they fall for a while, like from U2.

Ok, I spoke to Bleeder about it, and he said there are a good number of the guns converted and coded, but the package is not finalised. He also said that he's not comfortable with releasing them without Delacroix's permission (as they were being ported for use in the Unreal Episodes, which Delacroix headed) so I guess we'll just have to wait and see for now. Tongue

SZ

IP Logged

Martin Vole

Oldunreal member

Reply #9 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
SteadZ wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 6:15pm:
Martin Vole wrote on Feb 17th, 2018 at 10:55pm:

Ok, I spoke to Bleeder about it, and he said there are a good number of the guns converted and coded, but the package is not finalised. He also said that he's not comfortable with releasing them without Delacroix's permission (as they were being ported for use in the Unreal Episodes, which Delacroix headed) so I guess we'll just have to wait and see for now. Tongue

SZ

Aw man, guess that is all I can do for now, guess I'll finish the final two Liandri (medium and light) in the meantime.

IP Logged

Bleeder91[NL]
Betatester

Personal Text:

Reply #10 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
This is all I've come up with, haven't touched it in a year.

Ofcourse, this topic did remind me to finish this so who knows Smiley

IP Logged

Martin Vole

Oldunreal member

Reply #11 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Bleeder91[NL] wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 9:46pm:
This is all I've come up with, haven't touched it in a year.

Ofcourse, this topic did remind me to finish this so who knows Smiley

Ey, you've got a good deal of them, you got the Shock Lance which is of particular interest! Smiley When I refine this mod of mine a bit, might make a good blend of the two. Right now I've got most of the player classes done, just mostly tweaking the armoring that comes with each weight class. Gib physics also need a bit of work, but they function about the same as in U2.

Also, the heavies slightly shake the screen for other players. May need to tweak the damage reduction values a bit for heavy's armor. Each class has its own armor, and all armor gathered is converted into the weight class specific armoring, just like in U2.

IP Logged

Bleeder91[NL]
Betatester

Personal Text:

Reply #12 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 9:01am
Print Post  
Oh, we should totally remake the U2XMP gamemodes in Unreal 1 with this, haha.

IP Logged

Martin Vole

Oldunreal member

Reply #13 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 3:14am
Print Post  
Bleeder91[NL] wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 9:01am:
Oh, we should totally remake the U2XMP gamemodes in Unreal 1 with this, haha.

Would love to toss it up here soon, since much of it is finished, with some exceptions of model heads needing tweaking, I nearly have all human class sets for each faction done.

The biggest problem I'm facing is duplication of powersuits in singleplayer, and the suits not being given out in deathmatch modes.

Edit: Thanks to []KAOS[]Casey both are no longer an issue!

Edit2: Seems SingularityCannon doesn't work properly with U2GemExport. A shame, given, as far as I can tell, it is a fully animated model.
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:57am by Martin Vole »  

IP Logged

AlCapowned

Oldunreal member

Reply #14 - Jul 17th, 2018 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Hi Martin, I know it's been a while since your last edit, but here are the working model and animations for the singularity cannon (assuming you still don't have them):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3te730rscc3rc77/SingularityCannon_ModelStuff.zip

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo