Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Hard Crash Release! (Read 1592 times)
Xer06siX

Hard Crash Release!
Feb 9th, 2018 at 2:24am
Print Post  
Hard Crash is done. Dropped, finally. Get some below!

UPDATE!!: Due to unacceptable BPS tears in the first level, (On the main reactor, and hallway sign, and a few other things.) I have amended the first level. if you already downloaded everything else, Please download HCLF, it replaces the first level. Delete HCLF1 Sorry, and thanks!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eHtcjn2AoQtX3vL2Fzn50emZxFnxUQM2

==============SERVER OPERATORS==============

Please post files to server rotations! (Delete ANY HCL1 or HCL11...etc from your root files, as these are the old nasty files, boooo, and nobody wants to see them anymore!)

If you have placed the pack on the server, please replace the first level with HCLF, in the link above.

Thanks a lot guys, enjoy!
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2018 at 4:21am by Xer06siX »  

Aka -lvrrpnt "^v^"

IP Logged

strategy-(DOG)-

-(DOG)-clan | Oldunreal

Re: Hard Crash Release!
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
i replaced the old HCL-maps with your remastered versions and added the new HCLF6-8 maps to the rotation of all NEWBIES COOP-Servers.

really great work! thank you!!  Smiley

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Hyper
Board Moderator
Betatester

It's Unreal.

Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the release! I updated my custom map server with the new version.

I had to hex-edit the teleporter-destination of the HCLF8 map from "Unreal" to something unique in order to get redirection working, because an other custom map was already redirected from map "Unreal". (Sequence control, JCoopZ)

My server already had a jtex.utx file with a different file size. I skipped this file for this reason.

Edit: I added a mention to my news page.

IP Logged

[]KAOS[]Casey
Developer Team
Betatester

nedm

Reply #3 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Hyper wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 3:37pm:
I had to hex-edit the teleporter-destination of the HCLF8 map from "Unreal" to something unique in order to get redirection working, because an other custom map was already redirected from map "Unreal". (Sequence control, JCoopZ)

Don't a lot of custom map packs use unreal or vortex rikers to finish maps? Seems like a                  huge hack to work around a problem that jcoopz should be able support

IP Logged

Hyper
Board Moderator
Betatester

It's Unreal.

Reply #4 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
[]KAOS[]Casey wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 5:53pm:

Don't a lot of custom map packs use unreal or vortex rikers to finish maps? Seems like a huge hack to work around a problem that jcoopz should be able support

Indeed, but I work with the tools I have.

By the way: Only the .unr file on my server has been edited. The download at my site is still virgin as is the .uz redirect file.

IP Logged

Xer06siX

Reply #5 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
strategy-(DOG)- wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 1:05pm:
i replaced the old HCL-maps with your remastered versions and added the new HCLF6-8 maps to the rotation of all NEWBIES COOP-Servers.

really great work! thank you!! Smiley

Thank you very much!! I'm excited to do some run throughs with you guys online one of these days. I'm in newbies every time I play unreal. I love it.

Aka -lvrrpnt "^v^"

IP Logged

Xer06siX

Reply #6 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the release! I updated my custom map server with the new version.

My server already had a jtex.utx file with a different file size. I skipped this file for this reason.

Edit: I added a mention to my news page.

Thank you! I hope it doesn't cause too many conflicts down the road. i'm really glad you guys enjoy it!!

Aka -lvrrpnt "^v^"

IP Logged

Hyper
Board Moderator
Betatester

It's Unreal.

Reply #7 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 2:55am
Print Post  
Thanks for the (partial) playthrough at HyperCoop. I hope the chaos and tentacles did not bother you too much. Cheesy

IP Logged

Xer06siX

Reply #8 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:26am
Print Post  
Hyper wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 2:55am:
Thanks for the (partial) playthrough at HyperCoop. I hope the chaos and tentacles did not bother you too much. Cheesy

Yes that was fun! You talking about level 3? Yea I died a lot there to the tentacles.There were two DeathTentacles really close together in the nali castle, so it got a bit tricky, and the long respawn walk didn't help. But I felt that added some incentive not to die.

Aka -lvrrpnt "^v^"

IP Logged

x21
Betatester

Reply #9 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 5:28am
Print Post  
This looks interesting. I will add it to my coop server.

EDIT: The maps are all loaded up. Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2018 at 4:29pm by x21 »  

IP Logged

Xer06siX

Reply #10 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 12:17am
Print Post  
*I'm just gonna bury this post here for the adventurous souls to find*

The new yet to be named pack started in earnest last week!

I went ahead and started putting together an index level to use as a level break between each map coming up. I'ts split into four quadrants. Each passage area beyond the gates being themed towards the level you will enter. Think of Banjo and Kazooie the Four seasons area.

How this (should) work:

Arrive into first level (Index) via aircraft or the cliche old spaceship crash into a poor Nali's living room (or whatever) and choose the first out of four gates leading to four levels. (Only the first gate will be open, obviously) Completing the first level dumps you back into a modified index level with the next gate being open....etc

When all the gates are open something will happen when you return to the index for the final time, a boss fight ending the pack or maybe even a fifth level that contains the boss fight.

(Pending planning/may or may not happen this way - till the end portal opens up into the fifth and final level if I want to take it that far.)

As always I wish to pay homage to some of my favorite games out there and leave some traces (If not out right reconstruction of areas) of those games in the design of the levels.

-Unreal (Obviously) (Featured in Hard Crash Level 3, most of the level aesthetics, some buildings)
-Jurassic Park: Trespasser (Already featured in Hard Crash level 2, the level was largely based on the last level of the game on top of Mt. Watson, think building design, placement, textures and especially the wind farm)
-The Elder Scrolls Series
-Crysis Series (Maybe not)
-Diablo Series
-Serious Sam series
-Metro 2033
-Hawken (R.I.P Hawken PC btw...Already featured in Hard Crash Level 8, the central pyramid structure is almost an exact replica of the pyramid from The Bunker level)
-Duke Nukem 3D (Featured in Hard Crash Level 5, aesthetics)

If you are already familiar with those games (You should be damnit, how dare you not!) You may find some of the above in a replay of Hard Crash and they should become more obvious.

Cheers!

Aka -lvrrpnt "^v^"

IP Logged

x21
Betatester

Reply #11 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Sounds awesome. I look forward to it  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo