Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Blender Vertex Mesh export Plugin [V1.2.5]. (Read 3064 times)
MrRobotBear
Betatester

Oldunreal member

Re: Blender Vertex Mesh export Plugin [V1.2.5].
Reply #90 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Hey!

I just noticed the first post says the normal (and default) material flag is _NOMRAL instead of _NORMAL. I assume that's a typo just in the post and that it should be fine naming it _NORMAL in Blender.

IP Logged

Skywolf
Betatester

Just placeholding...

Reply #91 - Feb 15th, 2019 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
And you assume correct:

Code
Select All
#=======================================================================
# Polygon flags tuples.
#=======================================================================
polytype =   (("_NORMAL", "_NM", 0),
             ("_2SIDED", "_DD", 1),
             ("_TRANSLUCENT_", "_LU", 2),
             ("_MASKED", "_CL", 3),
             ("_MODULATED", "_MD", 4),
             ("_ALPHABLEND", "_AB", 5),
             ("_WEAPONTRI", "_PH", 8))

polyflags =  (("_UNLIT", "_UL", 16),
             ("_FLAT", "_FL", 32),
             ("_ENVIRONMENT", "_RF", 64),
             ("_NOSMOOTH", "_NS", 128)) 

Can't edit my original post anymore though. So can't fix that typo. Embarrassed

I hate it when people ask me what my favorite game is. Just try to explain you're not talking about Unreal Tournament Roll Eyes.

IP Logged

MrRobotBear
Betatester

Oldunreal member

Reply #92 - Feb 17th, 2019 at 1:42am
Print Post  
Ah, missed the part about not being able to edit the original post.

Just tried the plugin in 2.8, didn't work. Would be cool to have it work with 2.8 though, as that's quite an upgrade (especially UI wise) to 2.79.

IP Logged

Krull0r
Global Moderator
Betatester
Developer Team

227 Emitter Expert

Reply #93 - Feb 17th, 2019 at 10:20am
Print Post  
@skywolf if you Klick on UpdateSession above the Forum path you can enter your username and password.
After this procedure you can modify your posts Smiley

IP Logged

Skywolf
Betatester

Just placeholding...

Reply #94 - Feb 17th, 2019 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
That doesn't work on older posts. Already DM'd Smirftsch about this and this was the reply:

Smirftsch wrote on Sep 18th, 2017 at 8:44am:
Uh...problem is, this is sort of forum protection. I enabled this a few years ago due to prevent people raping old threads they made, this happened after a few people had some trouble with each other, some wanted to leave and started to delete every old post they made, literally making a bunch of topics plain useless.
This is annoying in such cases like yours, but in general this is a good idea I think.
I really need to ask in the support forums if I have some admin abilities affecting this for a particular topic.

I do agree with him but as he said, it sucks for situations like mine. Doesn't matter though as I plan on writing a guide to Blender to Unreal exporting once 2.8 drops. Covering Brushes, Skeletal Meshes and, ofcourse, Vertex Meshes.

I hate it when people ask me what my favorite game is. Just try to explain you're not talking about Unreal Tournament Roll Eyes.

IP Logged

han
Global Moderator
Unreal Rendering Guru
Developer Team

Oldunreal member

Reply #95 - Feb 17th, 2019 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Skywolf wrote on Feb 17th, 2019 at 6:01pm:
That doesn't work on older posts. Already DM'd Smirftsch about this and this was the reply:

Smirftsch wrote on Sep 18th, 2017 at 8:44am:
Uh...problem is, this is sort of forum protection. I enabled this a few years ago due to prevent people raping old threads they made, this happened after a few people had some trouble with each other, some wanted to leave and started to delete every old post they made, literally making a bunch of topics plain useless.
This is annoying in such cases like yours, but in general this is a good idea I think.
I really need to ask in the support forums if I have some admin abilities affecting this for a particular topic.

I do agree with him but as he said, it sucks for situations like mine. Doesn't matter though as I plan on writing a guide to Blender to Unreal exporting once 2.8 drops. Covering Brushes, Skeletal Meshes and, ofcourse, Vertex Meshes.

I also don't see why one shouldn't just enlist you as a Moderator for the Modelling board, which would also solve this issue.

HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.

IP Logged

MrRobotBear
Betatester

Oldunreal member

Reply #96 - Feb 18th, 2019 at 12:04am
Print Post  
So, me and a modeler lamented the fact that there are no smoothing groups in UE1, which makes the vertex lighting look worse on a lot of models.

Since the mesh format doesn't support this, han suggested that the exporter could create duplicate vertices where you want to split up your smoothing, and translate smoothing groups in Blender to that. Would that be feasible to do? Seems like something that would be fairly simple to do programmatically.

IP Logged

Skywolf
Betatester

Just placeholding...

Reply #97 - Feb 18th, 2019 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
No reason for me to add that. Blender already has a modifer that does that for you.

In Edge Select Mode: Select the edges you want to mark a new smoothing group. Then press CTRL+E and from the pop-up menu select Mark as Sharp

Then add an Edge Split modifier and uncheck Edge Angle. It now splits all edges marked as sharp (cyan blue) like Han suggested. My exporter applies modifiers so you don't have to apply it before exporting.

han wrote on Feb 17th, 2019 at 8:08pm:
I also don't see why one shouldn't just enlist you as a Moderator for the Modelling board, which would also solve this issue.

Feels kinda like an extreme solution to just editing a post. But I also ended up kinda being guy to ask questions about Blender around here (and on Discord). So I leave it up to the people in charge wether they think it's worth to mod me. Cheesy

IP Logged

MrRobotBear
Betatester

Oldunreal member

Reply #98 - Feb 23rd, 2019 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Ah, neat!

IP Logged

luke11685

Oldunreal member

Reply #99 - Jun 7th, 2019 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Okay everything's fine for now. Anyway Unreal vertex models never had standard skeletal meshes like IK bones,but so-called animation morphing instead?

IP Logged

Skywolf
Betatester

Just placeholding...

Reply #100 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Alright. With Blender 2.8 finally released it's time to make my plugin compatible with it. Lots of things changed in 2.8 so this version isn't compatible with 2.79 and earlier. If you want it to fill in the texture file name in the .uc file make sure you have an Image Texture node in the material shader as the active node with a texture assigned to it.

Code
Select All
   1.3.4 - 27/7/2019
       -Made exporter and importer compatible with Blender 2.8. It now looks for the active material node for texture file name. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdyxigic6luo57b/Unreal_Vertex_Plugin_1.3.4.zip?dl=0

Haven't tested it extensively. It did work during my testing but please report any issues here if you come across one.

IP Logged

Krull0r
Global Moderator
Betatester
Developer Team

227 Emitter Expert

Reply #101 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Thank you for the update. I'll try blender 2.8 and your plugin in the next days.

I have currently an issue which I can't solve. I have a mesh which uses different objects in blender. All objects are rigged with separate skeletons.

When I try to export the mesh in the Unreal format I select all objects and it only exports the last selected object instead of combing all to one.

IP Logged

Skywolf
Betatester

Just placeholding...

Reply #102 - Aug 1st, 2019 at 11:53am
Print Post  
That's a case pretty much no exporter supports. If you want to export that mesh you should merge all of them into one (select all meshes and press ctrl+J). If everything is correct should the merged mesh still have all the (armature) modifiers so you keep your animations. Then select everything (the skeletons can stay seperate) with the mesh as active object (selected last).

IP Logged

luke11685

Oldunreal member

Reply #103 - Aug 1st, 2019 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
I want to ask how can I pack animated models and textures into the any pc game related to unreal engine/editor 1(it's little bit way much easier to mod games like Unreal Tournament 2016/UT4)? I only know how to import and export unreal meshes in Blender thanks to this Blender plugin/add-on and Unreal Model Viewer. Should I use UCC.exe? What if this file got some errors/bugs that should be fixed? It's very important to me to know.

IP Logged

Skywolf
Betatester

Just placeholding...

Reply #104 - Aug 1st, 2019 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
This is really more a scripting question that a modeling one but I will give you a quick summary for Unreal:

In Unreal you have to add EditPackages=<your package name here> under [Editor.EditorEngine] in Unreal.ini. Then add a folder with in Unreal Root directory (The folder with with the system, textures, sounds .etc directories) with the name you entered in unreal.ini. And export to that folder from Blender with Export to ucc folder structure checked during export. Then open a command prompt in the system folder (press shift and right click somewhere empty in windows explorer and select open command prompt here) and enter ucc make. Keep in mind it won't recompile packages that already exist. So if you made any changes you will have to delete your <you package>.u before running the command.

It might show some errors from missing textures but you can import these later in UnrealED and simply assign them in mesh viewer or actor default properties. (ucc can only import .pcx files anyway so I prefer doing it this way).

Other UE1 games will probably follow a similair process but due to the different UE1 versions and game-specific tweaks are packages from one game usually not compatible with the other. You will have to look and ask around and see if you can find resources that explain how to set things set up in those games. The model format itself should be compatible though.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo