Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Blender Vertex Mesh export Plugin [V1.2.5]. (Read 1934 times)
Skywolf
Betatester

Just placeholding...

Re: Blender Vertex Mesh export Plugin [V1.2.5].
Reply #165 - Oct 9th, 2019 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
bMasked can be found by right-clicking a texture in the texture browser -> properties -> surface -> bMasked.

Materials are imported in the order the importer reads the polygons (which is in the order their appear in the _d.3d file). So if the first polygon has texnum 069 and every polygon after that has texnum 000 it will put the material for the polygon using texnum 069 as the first material in the list followed by a material with texnum 000. Same with polytypes and flags.

Luke, the exporter worked fine before. These are quality of life improvements and some minor bug fixes. If you model didn't export correctly before it won't export correctly now.

I hate it when people ask me what my favorite game is. Just try to explain you're not talking about Unreal Tournament Roll Eyes.

IP Logged

luke11685

Oldunreal member

Reply #166 - Oct 9th, 2019 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Okay.

IP Logged

Crimzan

Oldunreal member

Reply #167 - Oct 12th, 2019 at 12:52am
Print Post  
Hello there!

I am trying to get a custom weapon into Deus Ex. I have successfully converted static models, that worked very well, but getting animated models converted to .3d feels a bit more tricky.

In general I am wondering: I have 3 animated models (with armatures), a left arm, a right arm, and my weapon. But for the exporter it has to be a single mesh, that's moving with shapekeys, right?

Is there a way to convert the armature animations to shape keys and combine the meshes?

IP Logged

Skywolf
Betatester

Just placeholding...

Reply #168 - Oct 12th, 2019 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
The exporter does support armatures (or any modifiers that deforms a mesh). So no need to convert your animations to Shape Keys first. The exporter simply takes the vertex locations for each frame of animation and writes these to the _a.3d file. How you move these vertices is up to you (can be armature modifiers, displacement modifiers, softbody physics simulation .etc).

If you have 3 meshes with each their own armatures and these are supposed to be one mesh in Deus Ex then you should merge the meshes. You can have multiple armatures control one mesh provided you export with Scene Timeline as source (Actions only work with one armature). Merging the meshes shouldn't cause many issues provided no data (like vertex groups) are the same between the meshes.

I hate it when people ask me what my favorite game is. Just try to explain you're not talking about Unreal Tournament Roll Eyes.

IP Logged

Crimzan

Oldunreal member

Reply #169 - Oct 12th, 2019 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Ah, alright, must have misunderstood something then!

Thank you very much for your answer! Love your work!!

Edit.
I might have been misunderstanding something, but I was trying to join the meshes, so that I just have one single one. But once I do it, the arm for instance just jumps to its base pose and doesn't move anymore. Happens with the other meshes too.
I am not too good with Blender, is this a normal issue I'm misunderstanding and can be fixed, or am I just out of luck in this particular case and need to find a way to convert things?
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2019 at 12:02pm by Crimzan »  

IP Logged

luke11685

Oldunreal member

Reply #170 - Oct 14th, 2019 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
How can I export any pc or console(emulated) game maps .obj as .ase,.t3d and then as .unr? I mean is this .ase plugin downloadable for Blender 2.79?

IP Logged

Skywolf
Betatester

Just placeholding...

Reply #171 - Oct 15th, 2019 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Didn't see you edited you message. So sorry for the late responds.

The likely reason the mesh doesn't deform with the armature is because it doesn't have the armature modifier anymore (merging a mesh with another keeps only the modifiers from the one you merge with, which is generally the one you selected last). To fix it simply add it manually. If that doesn't work then I would have to take a look at your specific .blend file to see what you have to do to merge the objects correctly.

It depends on the game how (and if) you can export the level geometry. Once you get it into Blender you can convert it to something Unreal can read. .obj imported as static mesh and the converting that to BSP will generally be your best bet as the other ways to convert polygonal meshes to BSP don't maintain UV data.

IP Logged

luke11685

Oldunreal member

Reply #172 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
It seems I can't install .ase plug-in/add-on in Blender 2.79 however it's not working. I tried to click on compressed .ase file and as I remember I even tried to extract this compressed file to folder directory where I installed Blender and it didn't work eighter.

IP Logged

Crimzan

Oldunreal member

Reply #173 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Ah! Thank you very much for the answer!

Indeed, adding the armature modifier after joining a mesh and selecting the correct root bone allowed my arms and weapon to move exactly how they should! Thanks!!

However, the MuzzleFlash Model is just something I parented to my weapon. And once I joined the meshes, the Muzzle flash just floats there and doesn't move anymore at all. ... which kinda makes sense as its part of the object it was previously parented to now.

Do you know of a quick way to solve that issue?

I have since figured out a way to convert all meshes to ShapeKeys, which is a little annoying to do but overall it just takes a couple of minutes and works very very well even when joined.
If fixing this issue while keeping armatures is a little too difficult, I might just stick to my ShapeKeys-Method. I could share my workflow to convert this to shape keys if anybody is interested.

IP Logged

MrRobotBear
Betatester

Oldunreal member

Reply #174 - Oct 19th, 2019 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
I'm sorry Skywolf, I must be blind but I can't see the bMasked stuff. Probably our layouts are not the same or something else is set up differently. Could you screenshot the place where it is so I know where to look, or a small gif if you have the time (ShareX records nice gifs and uploads them in case you need it).

IP Logged

luke11685

Oldunreal member

Reply #175 - Oct 21st, 2019 at 8:42am
Print Post  
If it's impossible to make 2d mode in Jazz Jackrabbit 3 alpha demo in unreal editor 1 then what about Unity? Is it supporting morph targeting? I found in download section some tool which is converting Unreal Engine 1 meshes into .psk and .psa models, right? So will target morphing animations turn into ik skeletal mesh animations? Will this require using weight painting in Blender 2.79? Which tool should I use to extract(for this experiment) Jazz Jackrabbit 3d model (powered by unreal engine 1) ninja ripper(because ut4xconverter is outdated so I'm not counting it) or Unreal editor 1 or UCC.exe? Is Ninja Ripper tool also extracting maps besides character models?

IP Logged

Skywolf
Betatester

Just placeholding...

Reply #176 - Oct 21st, 2019 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Crimzan: Your best bet would be merging the muzzleflash with the rest of the mesh and assign it the same vertex group as the weapon. This essentially parents it to the bone that controls the weapon giving the same result.

MrRobotBear: I think you're looking in Blender. I'm talking about setting bMasked in UnrealED under Texture properties. All Flags = 2 does to my knowledge is settings this for you on import.

Luke: Doubt a conversion from Unreal's Vertex mesh to a skeletal mesh will maintain animations. It likely just creates a still frame in PSA/PSK format. As for a 2D mode. I know someone made a mod that turned Unreal into a side-scroller (check the downloads section) but iirc it didn't work all that great. But I guess it's possible with some coding skill but you would be practically creating a new game from scratch at that point. Afaik does Unity support morphing targets. But never used that engine so no idea how it works exactly.

IP Logged

luke11685

Oldunreal member

Reply #177 - Oct 21st, 2019 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
Do you mean brand new Jazz Jackrabbit 3 alpha demo powered by unreal engine 4 within high poly aesthetics? If that's so I can use Jazz Jackrabbit model from udk kismet tutorial udk/ue3 and import it to unreal engine/editor 4, right?

IP Logged

luke11685

Oldunreal member

Reply #178 - Oct 31st, 2019 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
When Blender 2.80 came out it seems Blender 2.79b is no longer working properly.

IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Reply #179 - Nov 1st, 2019 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
luke11685 wrote on Oct 31st, 2019 at 12:10pm:
When Blender 2.80 came out it seems Blender 2.79b is no longer working properly.

In what respect? I used 2.79b just three weeks ago to make a rock for my latest map and it worked fine, including import/export scripts.

You must construct additional pylons.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo