logo
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic BumpSound of Decorations doesn't work anymore under 227? (Read 1488 times)
)Leela(-[otS]-

Oldunreal member

BumpSound of Decorations doesn't work anymore under 227?
Jan 3rd, 2017 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Hi Smiley

I made a bunch of custom actors which are based on books. Therefore I subclassed the Book class. Also I copied over the Bump function from the Decoration class to set the sound volume to normal:

Code
Select All
if (!bPushSoundPlaying) PlaySound(PushSound, SLOT_Misc,1.0);
			bPushSoundPlaying = True; 

Everything works well so far. Each time I bump the new actor the PushSound is played, on a 225 server. But on a 227 server the PushSound is only played the first time I bump the actor, after that it doesn't work anymore. Only with the HitWall function the sound still works each time.

Why is this not working anymore under 227 and is it possible to fix this issue somehow?

AIM  
IP Logged

yrex .
Betatester

Oldunreal member

Re: BumpSound of Decorations doesn't work anymore under 227?
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2017 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
That's because 227 uses different implementation of playing the push sound, and just copying one function results in incompatible mess.

Try adding this:

Code
Select All
function Timer()
{
	Super.Timer();
	bPushSoundPlaying = false;
} 

Quality content | mail me instead of PMing: ampoyrex(a)wp(.)pl

IP Logged

)Leela(-[otS]-

Oldunreal member

Reply #2 - Jan 4th, 2017 at 2:25am
Print Post  
Hi Smiley

I must, or I should have added, that I made my new actors with Ued1.0 under 225.
I copied the "old" Bump function to adjust the volume of the PushSound, because with the default value of 0.25 the sound volume was way too low.

It's not really the PushSound I need, but it worked with it. What I actually need, is a way, that a certain sound is played each time a player touches or bump the actor.

I compared the old and the new Bump function from 227 and they differ now, that's why it doesn't work anymore on a 227 server.

Unfortunately I'm not much skilled in UScript and have only basic knowledges about it, but I would guess, that I need a BumpSound instead of the PushSound? I could add an editable variable for it, but how could I use it?

Please excuse if my question may sound a bit stupid.

AIM  
IP Logged

)Leela(-[otS]-

Oldunreal member

Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2017 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
Hi Smiley

I solved this problem today and it was even easier than I thought. Smiley
The new Bump function in 227 uses the AmbientSound to play the PushSound, so no changes were necessary to make it work.

Only thing I did is, that I added 3 editable variables for my custom actors to set the SoundVolume, SoundRadius and SoundPitch individual for each actor.
I'm sorry, that I bothered with this somehow stupid problem.

AIM  
IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Reply #4 - Jan 5th, 2017 at 7:20am
Print Post  
I'm not very actively lately, because I am pretty much maxed out atm, and I also owe you an answer yet via mail, but that is what a forum is for and there are also good chances someone else can benefit from it.
So no need for excuses Smiley

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo