Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic How to export the map geometry? (Read 1741 times)
temp890

Oldunreal member

How to export the map geometry?
Oct 9th, 2016 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
I wish to export an entire level into 3ds max to use as a set for some renders (DS9 The Fallen). I can't seem to find a way to take the geometry that's displaying in UnrealEd and export it into a 3D model format. Even tried 3D ripper dx but no dice. Any help?

IP Logged

Kajgue
Global Moderator
Betatester

Super-sexy-Kung-Fu-H
obo-sunva-bitch

Re: How to export the map geometry?
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2016 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Heya,

Does Deep Space 9's Unreal Editor allow you to export brushes? If you use the red brush to encapsulate a whole map, then click on 'intersect' (it's also found under the brush tabmenu at the top) you can then export what the red brush has intersected as a .t3d

I'm not 100% sure how the Deep space 9 editor works, but I'm just assuming it would be similar to Ued 226?

Well, all intersecting with the red brush does is; it will mimic the solid geometric volumes of geometry within its parameter (the red brushes' volume basically).

Let me know how you get on, hopefully this works.

AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard

Whistleblower Ted Gunderson
IP Logged

temp890

Oldunreal member

Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2016 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
I believe it's the standard Unreal 1 editor (I applied the UnrealEdFix4 patch). Here's a screen:

https://s16.postimg.org/4wqyrbc45/sss.png

Clicking the "Deintersect Brush with World" button highlights most (but not all) the vertices in a red outline. Clicking it again seems to select and deselect additional random groups of vertices. I can export the selection to t3d which does produce a geometry in T3DBrowser.

I can then convert that into '*.dxf..X' format but can't find a 3d editor that recognises it as either X or DXF format.

IP Logged

Kajgue
Global Moderator
Betatester

Super-sexy-Kung-Fu-H
obo-sunva-bitch

Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2016 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
There should be some nifty converter for .t3d files, or a plugin for 3d studio max, but as for 3ds max I wouldn't know what it would be called or where to find it, Blender is the 3d modelling program which I use.

Turboman would however know how to get .t3d files into 3dsmax, as I have heard that he has made world geometry in 3dstudio before.

AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard

Whistleblower Ted Gunderson
IP Logged

temp890

Oldunreal member

Reply #4 - Oct 10th, 2016 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
I found the CB Undying 3ds max importer

https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=405

but it won't work with 3dsmax 2017 Sad

IP Logged

temp890

Oldunreal member

Reply #5 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
Well for posterity's sake it should be noted that old 3dsmax plugins won't work on 64 bit systems even if you have the 3dsmax it was designed for.

I solved the problem by using UDK->import brush->right click, convert to mesh->resources->export to obj or fbx

Alternatively there's a 3d programming utility called Blitz3D that someone made a T3D viewer for. You can then combine that with a 3ds or directX exporter someone else made to grab the mesh.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo