logo
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Building UTGLR d3d9/ogl for other UE1 games (Read 1562 times)
han
Global Moderator
Unreal Rendering Guru
Developer Team

Oldunreal member

Re: Building UTGLR d3d9/ogl for other UE1 games
Reply #15 - Jul 28th, 2016 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
[]KAOS[]Casey wrote on Jul 28th, 2016 at 6:11am:
Excellent, Han.
definetly... opt-out of DEP. Does 227j have this? If not, it really should.

Ok, I'll add the code for it. Afaik Smirftsch added it for 227j.

Quote:
and maybe the OpenGLDrv cleanups.

Clean openGLdrive is good.

I wouldn't mind making some resonable implementation of the old URenderDevice interface with the old odd rendering in sRGB colorspace (or sth. like that) instead of linear. In the last years I have figured out quite a lot of stuff about it...

Also I have a Laptop which only supports OpenGL 2.1, so I could target OpenGL 2.1 which should keep things simple enough, yet should offer enough to do things resonable.

HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam. Löffels on Patreon.

IP Logged

han
Global Moderator
Unreal Rendering Guru
Developer Team

Oldunreal member

Reply #16 - Jul 28th, 2016 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Oh and Bink playback works now in D3DDrv too, but without scaling. It basically locks the backbuffer, makes the bink call which writes to it and afterwards flips front and backbuffer, so it shows a bit of a different method for doing it.

IP Logged

han
Global Moderator
Unreal Rendering Guru
Developer Team

Oldunreal member

Reply #17 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Some small status update. Basically I haven't touched the source until today for the whole time.

Prior to that I already added Bink playback support to D3DDrv and build headers for the ParticleSystem.dll.

Today I made a few changes to the the headers to build ALAudio, and added initial support for Enforcer to ALAudio.

For bink playback and the audio subsystem it is basically just adding some one time exec command which inits audio for bink playback, otherwise you get no sounds in the movies. Using the bink wav out seems to work without an issues for ALAudio.

As far as CD playback is concerned, they seem to have implemented their own set of cd playback exec command and maybe have disabled some of the music transition code. I added the execs as stubs to ALAudio already and the current idea is that one could implement the exec commands for cd playback basically as playing back ogg files from the harddrive. Some batch script or something similiar conveniant to the user for ripping them of the cd would be nice if someone would like to contribute that.

So basically I just create headers for Enforcer.dll, add the dep code (why did I ask -.-) and will release it...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo