logo
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) 11GB of extracted (?) cache files, (+ 30GB GigaCache released) (Read 15784 times)
[]KAOS[]Casey
Developer Team
Betatester

nedm

Re: 11GB of extracted (?) cache files
Reply #15 - Mar 27th, 2016 at 4:48am
Print Post  
well, I checked how UE4 generates GUIDs (same function calls as 227i headers) and I found it here

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/blob/97c8d3ef55e869e17ef149903eae2a331
01381c9/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Private/Misc/GuidGenerator.cpp

looks like its a UUID ieee standard.

Quote:
//
// get_ieee_node_identifier
//
// Required by implementation below.
// Uses 32-bit IP address and 16-bit random number for 48-bit node id.
//

/* Generating our 'seed' value Start with the current time, but,
* since the resolution of clocks is system hardware dependent and
* most likely coarser than our resolution (10 usec) we 'mixup' the
* bits by xor'ing all the bits together.  This will have the effect
* of involving all of the bits in the determination of the seed
* value while remaining system independent.  Then for good measure
* to ensure a unique seed when there are multiple processes
* creating UUIDs on a system, we add in the PID.
*/

And the actual end-result

Code
Select All
 uuid->time_low = time_now.lo;
  uuid->time_mid = time_now.hi & 0x0000FFFF;
  uuid->time_hi_and_version = (time_now.hi & 0x0FFF0000) >> 16;
  uuid->time_hi_and_version |= (1 << 12);
  uuid->clock_seq_low = clock_seq & 0xFF;
  uuid->clock_seq_hi_and_reserved = (clock_seq & 0x3F00) >> 8;
  uuid->clock_seq_hi_and_reserved |= 0x80;

If I had to guess, it's some kind of timer related thing where CPUs return certain time-values more commonly. Couldn't find any information on google about this. Hard guess, though.

IP Logged

BobIsUnreal
God Member

gonna be dead soon, gg

Reply #16 - Mar 27th, 2016 at 5:07am
Print Post  
i had 18 gb of cache just from last 8 years( since 227g), but  i lost most of it  when i ran a badly designed TC for unreal called SalvageStorm. it used a custom ini that  illogicaly had cachedays set to 30 , and at first run it wiped everything.
of course i didnt have any of it backed up due to size. i  regretable lost all of it , and there was deffinitly some rare stuf in there from age/mh/matrix , etc. i should kill self for not having it backed up..

so For last Christmas most of my  gift budget went toward a good quality 2 tb removable hd.
I now  backup photos and downloads weekly , servers monthly and have everything else except steamgames backed up every so so.

[REM_img]http://i.imgur.com/V3OSsDu.gif.disable[/img]http://i.imgur.com/JOu38Gs.gif
IP Logged

gopostal
Betatester

Hack coder

Reply #17 - Mar 27th, 2016 at 5:58am
Print Post  
You might run Recuva ( http://www.piriform.com/recuva ) on the drive just to see if any remnants remain. I've used that program a ton of times on everything from HDD's to memory sticks, even some cell phones. It's amazing what can lurk for a very long time and still be recoverable.

@Carbon: The torrent is live, there are 7 peers more or less running full tilt on it. I have all of Korea PeerBlocked so you won't see it. I'm sorry brother, I love and trust you implicitly but I get a TON of attempts to hijack my FTP server that originate from there. I just rangeblocked the entire country (among several others).

I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day

IP Logged

BobIsUnreal
God Member

gonna be dead soon, gg

Reply #18 - Mar 27th, 2016 at 6:08am
Print Post  
i recuvara'ed likr 60% ( that is a random selection of the 100% so that means many things are uslessly incomplete) of it and stuffed it somewhere i cant remember , But cache.ini was overridden so not recoverable , without that it usless to me mostly.

[REM_img]http://i.imgur.com/V3OSsDu.gif.disable[/img]http://i.imgur.com/JOu38Gs.gif
IP Logged

strategy-(DOG)-

-(DOG)-clan | Oldunreal

Reply #19 - Mar 27th, 2016 at 7:07am
Print Post  
Carbon wrote on Mar 26th, 2016 at 7:15am:
Hi everyone.

...I added all of the files from Ultimate Cache (parts 1 ~ 5), Sickpup cache, Newbies cache and another 'Ultimate cache' (parts 1 ~ 8), totaling 13.6GB...
...Anyhow, I have uploaded what was extracted into 5 parts with Mega. It is a free account with a 10GB limit (daily, I assume?), so I hope that someone can get these and host them (if they are worth it)...

"UltimateCache Part1 to Part 18" are available to public on Newbiesplayground.net website (downloads) or alternative on dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ajouobu2lm4o5ka/AACg1o1Lu8fqvZfAxNuc5oZRa?dl=0

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Carbon

Tinfoilus Illuminatus

Reply #20 - Mar 27th, 2016 at 11:33am
Print Post  
strategy-(DOG)- wrote on Mar 27th, 2016 at 7:07am:
"UltimateCache Part1 to Part 18" are available to public on Newbiesplayground.net website (downloads) or alternative on dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ajouobu2lm4o5ka/AACg1o1Lu8fqvZfAxNuc5oZRa?dl=0

Yes, I mentioned that Newbie's cache was in the mix in the OP.

IP Logged

Hyper
Board Moderator
Betatester

It's Unreal.

Reply #21 - Mar 27th, 2016 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Well, my main reasons for not sharing GigaCache is as follows.

1. I don't have the bandwidth to host it. I only have a basic broadband connection with limited upload. On this I already host a website and 5 Unreal servers. Uploading such giant files severely disrupts my connectivity here, causing lag at my servers and slowdowns at my website.
  2. Sure, someone can set up an FTP server and ask me to send it to there. Once. Rarred. But I got many requests for this and I want to treat people equally. Which means that I will have to upload it many times over.
  3. Upload sites and free hosting providers are unreliable for these large files. Without exception. They will take it down.
  4. Some cache files have been bytehacked. Mostly to remove some unwanted 'functionality' like 'debug eatmem' or remote execution of commands from these. This my get you kicked in the future when servers will switch to a full CRC or hash check of the files. This never has been a problem in the past but may become a problem in the future.
  5. As said before, there are limitations, like many old files in there that will never be used again, no listing in cache.ini of 99+% of the files etc.

Well. If
  1. A highly reliable Unreal community website like OldUnreal, TCPClan or NewbiesPlayground has absolutely no issues in hosting this 14-20? GB monster reliably and permanently at their own cost and
  2. Has no problems with many players downloading it, causing massive data transfer and
  3. Is willing to give me credits for many years of collecting it and keeping it backed up and
  4. Allowing me to link to it (I'll give full credits to the hoster ofc) then
  5. I may, possibly consider uploading it. No promises.

There you have my answer and reasoning.
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2016 at 5:58pm by Hyper »  
IP Logged

strategy-(DOG)-

-(DOG)-clan | Oldunreal

Reply #22 - Mar 27th, 2016 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
of course i could help you out on this. the newbies website is hosted on a different server than our gameserver, so it would not interfere with it. i could provide an ftp-access for you, where you can upload the files - yet i'd recommend to create splitted archive-packages rather than 1 super-size file (just as we do with the ultimate cache). besides that i could offer an alternative download-location on dropbox).

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

[]KAOS[]Casey
Developer Team
Betatester

nedm

Reply #23 - Mar 27th, 2016 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
the first set of Points 1-3 are basically why torrents exist. Seed once, then you can drop out and let everyone else distribute it to eachother. 4, I don't think anyone particularly cares if "functionality" like that has been disabled. I really doubt anyone is even going to bother doing that in this day and age. Also, said torrent can have a nfo thanking you and jazz.

And with 5, I can make a freaking insane native mod to sort things out to a degree.

Thanks for considering it

IP Logged

Hyper
Board Moderator
Betatester

It's Unreal.

Reply #24 - Mar 27th, 2016 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
strategy-(DOG)- wrote on Mar 27th, 2016 at 6:14pm:
of course i could help you out on this. the newbies website is hosted on a different server than our gameserver, so it would not interfere with it. i could provide an ftp-access for you, where you can upload the files - yet i'd recommend to create splitted archive-packages rather than 1 super-size file (just as we do with the ultimate cache). besides that i could offer an alternative download-location on dropbox).

Well, it looks like I have some work to do then. Thanks for the hosting offer.

Atm my idea is to make a .rar (rar5) archive in 1GB splits. Would that be okay for you?
RAR5 archives can be extracted with at least WinRAR, IZarc and 7-Zip. (new versions of all)

IP Logged

gopostal
Betatester

Hack coder

Reply #25 - Mar 27th, 2016 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
I think your reconsideration deserves some praise Hyper. When I first found out I was so sick I went into a total tailspin of panic and despair. I checked out of everything in my life, deleting everything off my computer.

Later on, when I found out I had a chance at life I was overcome with remorse for being so stupid as to delete a decade worth of work and collection. I recovered some of it but so much was lost, things that are just not replaceable because they existed nowhere else.

To know that someone else could possibly have some of that...well that might drive a man crazy if he could never get access to look. I have deep hope that perhaps some if it might be scattered among your collection but I won't pester you to let me see. If you do then it will be a great day for me when I look but I'm also OK that perhaps it still lives on, entrusted to a caretaker whom I respect.

Whatever you do decide, thank you for at least discussing it. Also know that there are more than what you think that will jump all over this. I had around 15 people in and out for Carbon's collection just last night. Interest is still very much there.

And maybe, just maybe you have a map I made that is very special to me. A man can dream a bit, can't he?

(Edit: if bandwidth is an issue I have several plug-in USB HDD's. Say the word and I'll ship you two. Keep one for your help and load the cache on the other. Send it to whomever you entrust to upload it.)

I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day

IP Logged

Carbon

Tinfoilus Illuminatus

Reply #26 - Mar 27th, 2016 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Well, the thread has taken a more positive spin, which is nice.

First, I hope that I mentioned everyone involved in what I uploaded. I would never call it 'my' collection; it came from Newbies, Sickpuppy and 2 other sources that I can't recall; one 5-part "Ultimate cache" and another 8-part one, neither of which are labeled with an original owner, with few more coming from my personal files. I do however believe very strongly in recognition of sources, so anything Hyper put out would be kept and referred to as "Hyper's cache dump" by me and everyone else, I would assume.

Hyper: good of you to reconsider. I am not in a position to satisfy your hosting requirements, so I made and am making no requests. If it got out, that would be awesome though. It may be very hard to wade through the files, but I don't doubt that some good can come of it.

gopostal: I had no idea you took such drastic action back in those dark days and lost so much of your past; totally understandable and yes, I can see that being quite regretful in hindsight. If I can be of any help at all, let me know.

So, the files I uploaded were 'mine' only in the sense that I had a copy. Comparatively, very few of them came from my personal cache files, so thanks to those I mentioned, sorry to any I missed.

IP Logged

Hyper
Board Moderator
Betatester

It's Unreal.

Reply #27 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 12:47am
Print Post  
Something is brewing over here...

@ Strategy: You got mail.

IP Logged

BobIsUnreal
God Member

gonna be dead soon, gg

Reply #28 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 5:23am
Print Post  
poked tho the 11 gb of posted files , nothing exotic in there (lol)
i can tell he never joined my server, or matrixs , or skws.
by the files alone , its mostly newbies ,gopostals , maybe hellfires coop, and either redrum or npgkoth files.
I find it amusing how i can basicly profile based of cache dumps

edit:
here scan files agaist this lol
8500 lines of vintage files uids lol
virtualy nothing  in that list is newer then 2012 lol, most 2009
http://pastebin.com/LRwJwQfW

IP Logged

Carbon

Tinfoilus Illuminatus

Reply #29 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 8:07am
Print Post  
I'm glad you are so amused, oh wise and aged (and kinda pompous) one. Tongue

I never played Unreal online Bob. Profile that.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo