Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) XOpenGL OpenGL3 / OpenGL4 renderer for UnrealTournament (Read 57836 times)
[]KAOS[]Casey
Developer Team
Betatester

nedm

Re: XOpenGL OpenGL3 / OpenGL4 renderer for UnrealTournament
Reply #165 - Jan 10th, 2020 at 2:44am
Print Post  
the reason why it speeds up massively offline is because you're no longer connected to a server. your netspeed online effectively is a framerate limiter -- try setting netspeed super low like 200 and you'll see your FPS tank. you can use the command "netspeed 200" to change it. 20,000 is "LAN" (a measly 9.76~ kb/s)

the reason why it gets worse at higher frame rates is because the engine tries to clamp ticks (in this case when offline, frames) to 120. It doesn't really like frame rates above 120 for this reason. The rendering gets "ahead" so to speak of the actual in-game physics and weird shit happens. I'm not sure how unreal engine 4 handles this, but i'll go take a look to see if they changed the clamping in gameengine. Why ue1 doesn't enforce the tick cap and tie the frame rate I don't know, since dedicated servers clamp the tickrate to 120 no problem.

IP Logged

[]KAOS[]Casey
Developer Team
Betatester

nedm

Reply #166 - Jan 10th, 2020 at 3:01am
Print Post  
Looks like UE4 does no such clamping, instead has some algorithms to keep framerate consistent, or arbitrary FPS limits.

IP Logged

Eternity
Betatester

Oldunreal member

Reply #167 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 5:04am
Print Post  
lowenz wrote on Apr 24th, 2016 at 5:30pm:
Because with the "standard" UT brightness value (0.5) it's all more.....bright Cheesy

lowenz wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 9:59pm:
AMD Radeon HD 7850
OpenGL "Core" -> 25 FPS

Have tested it on a HD 7850, R9 380 and RX 570 - got the same result, regardless the video card model. Framerate depends on the CPU single thread performance, around 25 (+/-5) FPS.

It seems these video card models can only work normally with D3D* renderers (else OpenGL renderers for UT give not good results also, though better than XOpenGL).

IP Logged

Fem_Pacifier

Oldunreal member

Reply #168 - Feb 2nd, 2020 at 5:01am
Print Post  
I have an RX 580 and I cannot use anything OpenGL without some serious stuttering. I wish I could use this renderer with my card, it's awesome that people are still developing/optimizing this engine.

IP Logged

BobIsUnreal
God Member

Guy who has too much time
invested to quit now

Reply #169 - Feb 2nd, 2020 at 6:09am
Print Post  
i have a rx 580 nitro/ wih a ryzen5 and it works fine and beyond with opengl.  i get like 300 fps with frame limiting off. and i am running it on 227i

edit , i may have mis unreer stoofd the trender and game you playing
edit 2: tested in ut99 and set to xopen gl and i dont see any *loss* of performance over the normal renders
48 - 60 fps and smooth in timedemo
idk if i am testing it wriong

[REM_img]http://i.imgur.com/V3OSsDu.gif.disable[/img]http://i.imgur.com/JOu38Gs.gif
IP Logged

Fem_Pacifier

Oldunreal member

Reply #170 - Feb 2nd, 2020 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
What are your settings for the RX 580? Did you enable OpenGL buffering? Maybe I'm using the wrong dll. I wish I could upload images to show the error message I get (something about entry point not found).

Edit: I found another .dll and now I don't get the error message. I still don't get smooth FPS. So far I've gotten the best results with a D3D10 renderer that I found somewhere years ago. This XOpenGL renderer sounds awesome, I wish I could use it.

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Reply #171 - Feb 6th, 2020 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
A newer version will be included in the upcoming patch for UT, but I'll try to find some time updating this version here, there have been a lot of improvements.

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Old UT Vet

Oldunreal member

Reply #172 - Feb 7th, 2020 at 5:13am
Print Post  
Hey Smirftsch,
Thank you for helping out the community.

I've been using the latest version this video driver lately, and I noticed a few visual bugs while using this driver in-game.

In particular, the fog appears to be bugged in the maps that use it. Also, at certain FOVs, weapons such as the minigun, flak cannon and redeemer appear 'clipped-off'. At FOVs less than 90, weapons appear normal, but at higher FOVs their models don't properly render.

I did read through some of the older posts - looking for solutions to the problem - and it looks like someone experienced similar issues; however, it appears they were fixed at a later time based on the patch note left on the 1st page. Dunno if I'm currently the only one experiencing this in the latest version or if there is potential fix I missed somewhere.

Thanks.

Different FOVs (90 vs 100+)
https://ibb.co/rfknvHK
https://ibb.co/10KVYnT
https://ibb.co/zmW5HXD
https://ibb.co/Lh3wHZG

Fog
https://ibb.co/34J6W4K
« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2020 at 5:58am by Old UT Vet »  

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Reply #173 - Feb 14th, 2020 at 6:30am
Print Post  
There have been a lot fixes, just that I was unable lately to provide something new here. Plain to much work. I'll see what I can do, but the new UT patch also contains a very recent version of it Smiley

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Fem_Pacifier

Oldunreal member

Reply #174 - Feb 15th, 2020 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
That sounds great Smirftsch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo