Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Coop server downtime (Read 905 times)
gopostal
Betatester

Hack coder

Coop server downtime
Jan 1st, 2016 at 5:37am
Print Post  
I'll be taking my server down for a bit. My son is moving out on his own Sunday and he's going to take the laptop the server is running on. I'm working on a solution now but it's going to be offline for at least a little while.

Happy New Year everyone!

I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day

IP Logged

[]KAOS[]Casey
Developer Team
Betatester

nedm

Re: Coop server downtime
Reply #1 - Jan 1st, 2016 at 6:22am
Print Post  
My server runs on a (free for 1 year{or at least it was when I signed up for it}) cheap amazon EC2 server that runs linux. If you know how to deal with ubuntu, it works pretty well. I believe there are tutorials out there for ut99 servers, but you'd have to tick the "linux binaries" box for a fresh 227i install in the installer.... Or 227j_xx comes with linux binaries a lot.

IP Logged

gopostal
Betatester

Hack coder

Reply #2 - Jan 1st, 2016 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
I'd do some sort of remote hosting as a last resort but it's gotten me spoiled to have the server running right beside me. I use BTSync to transfer files back and forth to it, read the logs, etc. Having to use FTP to do all that is something I really would like to avoid. Yeah, I'm lazy.

He kind of dropped this on us with no advance warning but he's 18 so he can make his own choices. By the middle of next week though I should have something brewing to replace the server. I think there's an old toaster in storage that would run things Grin

IP Logged

gopostal
Betatester

Hack coder

Reply #3 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
FWIW, server is back up. I was able to scrounge up a box for it. I have not installed the FTP server yet but the game server is back and all access/admin/webadmin accounts are restored. Sorry about that. If it weren't for those meddling kids.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo