Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic skin-packs for the community (Read 1248 times)
strategy-(DOG)-

-(DOG)-clan | Oldunreal

skin-packs for the community
Dec 27th, 2015 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
i'd like to offer to all server-admins - and of course to the players - the public skin-packs we use on newbiesplayground servers. they consist of various public skins we merged to packs to make it more simple to add the serverpackages. of course these packs should not be modified as they would cause mismatch-errors, if they'd differ from server to server, but i think it would be a nice feature, if players could use their favorite skin on all servers who support these skinpacks....

here are the downloadlinks:
www.newbiesplayground.net/skins/MegaSkin.zip
www.newbiesplayground.net/skins/MegaSkin2.zip

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

gopostal
Betatester

Hack coder

Re: skin-packs for the community
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2015 at 12:25am
Print Post  
For what it's worth, I'm going to add this to my server.

I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day

IP Logged

BobIsUnreal
God Member

Guy who has too much time
invested to quit now

Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2015 at 12:48am
Print Post  
Can you also provide the private megapacks?

i could and partaily have gotten them from the cahce in the past, but kepping them up to date with offical packages is sort of inconvenience, if you feel you have to you can pm them, but utx only are fine for servers anyway..

If your members use a custom proprietary skinpackage primarily made for your server FE "Female1MegaSkinPriv3", and visit another server, they usally dont change there skins to a alternate (if there is a single even ) that may be installed on that server therefore most server they have default skin.kinda lose lose for those players.

In my case  , i have a skin manager that loads/adds/expires skins on request, so i can just dump every possible utx file on my server , and if anyone happen to join with some custom skin , the skin package will be added to the serverpackages for the next 90 days automatically , if the file is available. kinda bla bla  bs here , i can get them from cache , but its just pita. also kinda pointing out a short comming of using the custom packages.

[REM_img]http://i.imgur.com/V3OSsDu.gif.disable[/img]http://i.imgur.com/JOu38Gs.gif
IP Logged

strategy-(DOG)-

-(DOG)-clan | Oldunreal

Reply #3 - Dec 28th, 2015 at 8:53am
Print Post  
i got your point and you got good reason. yet i see few problems coming up.
first of all - and most important to me - the wish of the authors/owners using these private skins. if everybody would agree to provide the private skins for servers outside newbies, we could consider that - if only one skin is affected who's author/owner does not want to, i can't provide that certain pack.
next problem - the private skinpacks are somewhat dynamically changing (compared to the static public skinpacks). when updating one of the private packs, i mail all owners of that pack the updated .utx file whereas it might get kinda difficult to trace all servers using those files and to make sure every serveradmin is using the latest files.
and of course only few unreal players - members of the -(DOG)-clan - would benefit from this...

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Dr.Flay™

ChaosUT-333networks

Reply #4 - Dec 30th, 2015 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Is there a version of ValAvatar for Unreal ?

IP Logged

gopostal
Betatester

Hack coder

Reply #5 - Dec 30th, 2015 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
I very seriously considered making it but I'm almost sure it won't work on a variety of the coop server because it creates an new playerreplication class.

That being said I do have the source code and I'd compile a custom version for someone's server group if it's a mod they really wanted. I just don't go to the trouble because I don't get enough players.

I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo