Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Environment has no textures on OpenGL (Read 7671 times)
Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Re: Environment has no textures on OpenGL
Reply #15 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
the advanced settings is an interface for the ini entries, so it's the same in the end. Just that changing things in advanced options can take effect immediately (well, doesn't work for all of them, but most of it).

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Hirobo

Oldunreal member

Reply #16 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Don't know if I have the time to sit down and compare each individual UT setting to UG setting.  Anyways, ColorizeDetailTextures=False did not work.

Here is a screenshot comparing the latest OpenGL on UT vs UG:

http://hirobo2.blogspot.com/2015/07/opengl-does-not-work-in-unreal-gold.html

This is the first level of Unreal where you come across the translator device for the first time.

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Reply #17 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 5:40am
Print Post  
yes, this makes things way more obvious.
No, this is definitely no settings or config problem. Will try it on my old laptop with the intel card to see if I can reproduce it there.

Edited:
My fault, this Laptop is having a Geforce 6400 Go, not an Intel- which again works fine. Anyone else having an older machine with intel graphics yet?

Edited:
My Netbook with a Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 works without problems as well, but although a very weak card its newer generation too.
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2015 at 10:32am by Smirftsch »  

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Hirobo

Oldunreal member

Reply #18 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Since Unreal has already been ported over to UT for ppl who have graphical issues with Unreal, all that's really left is for someone to port RTNP too with save function...

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Reply #19 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 5:30am
Print Post  
I still think an other driver could make the difference here. Other than that, I see no quick way out of this now. It's a bit pity since Unreal is meant to be played in Unreal and not with some mod in UT, that's indeed bothering me some.

Either way, not OpenGL related now, but just had an idea which might help you in this specific case with UT: did you try to save / load via console?
Following commands:

to save:
Code
Select All
savegame 1 

to load:
Code
Select All
open ..\save\save1.usa 

continue with next save like this:
Code
Select All
savegame 2
open ..\save\save2.usa 

etc. you get the idea.

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Hirobo

Oldunreal member

Reply #20 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Well, ppl like us don't need your pity.  We can play both UT and Unreal in the same game without exiting.  Also, Unreal plays exactly the same in UT.  You can even view the flyby castle level.  The only difference is when you look at a reflection it's no longer the female character from Unreal --- but this is also customizable. 

Also, seriously, the taunts the player says when he's injured or killed something is almost too comic.  It's almost as if the taunts for UT were originally written for Unreal singleplayer mission.

Anyways, Unreal in UT is also perfectly savable without using the console.  It's the xpansion pack that has problems with saving.  But I will try the console command...

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Reply #21 - Aug 1st, 2015 at 8:08am
Print Post  
I didn't say I petty you in person, but playing Unreal in UT never had the same feeling for me, there are still a couple of differences when playing with a mod like oldskool or something. I suppose its what you got used to in the first place anyway.

And yes, I am aware about what you said with the saving and the trouble with the expansion only, but that shouldn't be a problem with the idea with the console.

If I can manage to get an older box running with XP and intel card I will try to check that matter again, although you never answered if there is maybe a newer driver for your system and if you tried it with that or not, I still give it a good chance to fix it with that.

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Hirobo

Oldunreal member

Reply #22 - Aug 1st, 2015 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
I already wrote earlier I have the latest drivers (not just the OEM one but I actually scoured Intel's website) and DirectX installed.

Managed to fire up my old 2003 desktop with ATI Radeon again.  I was astounded again.  DirectX9/OpenGL on iGPU simply cannot compare to ATI Radeon on D3D7.  The latter puts the former to shame!

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Reply #23 - Aug 2nd, 2015 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
The most significant difference in D3D compared to D3D9 or OpenGL is OneXBlending.
Here is a topic about it and I almost bet that this is the difference you are talking about in the first place:
http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1420807972/4#4

and this setting can be changed very easily if that's the case Smiley

D3D is, what people got used to when they started to play with 224 or 226. Players who started from the beginning with glide or softdrv rather prefer the more colorful version, re-introduced in D3D8/9 and OpenGL, since this is what it was from the very first version.

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo