Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Re: 227i found and fixed bugs (Read 3331 times)
Lightning_Hunter

Re: 227i found and fixed bugs
Feb 22nd, 2015 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
I tried 227i today for the first time after years of being a diehard UT Oldskool fan.  I can't say I am convinced enough to make the switch quite yet, but I am giving it a try. Wink  I have some questions:

-I noticed the showscores command and F1 do absolutely nothing for me in Singleplayer.  In UT Oldskool, F1 will show you the map name, title, author, current skill, and other cool stats like how many of each pawn you have killed.  Does this exist in 227?

-Is there a way to add custom maps to the New Game campaign section (where Unreal and RTNP are listed)?  I have seen several map packs that require you to go through the botmatch window, which is just silly (you can't even select the skill from there).  I would be willing to create some .int files for those packs, if it's possible.

-Advaned Options looks messed up for me (the text is overlapping the plus boxes).  Here is a screenshot:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/Lightning_Hunter/AdvOptions.jpg

For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2015 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
Lightning_Hunter wrote on Feb 22nd, 2015 at 9:52pm:
-Advaned Options looks messed up for me (the text is overlapping the plus boxes).  Here is a screenshot:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/Lightning_Hunter/AdvOptions.jpg

In Unreal.ini, change your language to "int".

Quote:
-Is there a way to add custom maps to the New Game campaign section (where Unreal and RTNP are listed)?  I have seen several map packs that require you to go through the botmatch window, which is just silly (you can't even select the skill from there).  I would be willing to create some .int files for those packs, if it's possible.

You need a .int file (and possibly adequate translation files for other languages) with the following:
Code
Select All
[Public]
Object=(Name=Game.Game,Class=Class,MetaClass=UnrealShare.SinglePlayer,Description="FIRST MAP OF THE CAMPAIGN;CAMPAIGN NAME") 

For instance, the Upak.int file which rules the Return to Na Pali campaign starts with:

Code
Select All
[Public]
Object=(Name=Game.Game,Class=Class,MetaClass=UnrealShare.SinglePlayer,Description="Intro1;Return to Na Pali") 

You can imagine having a single big file containing just a list of campaigns to fill the New game menu. For instance a Campaigns.int file with

Code
Select All
[Public]
Object=(Name=Game.Game,Class=Class,MetaClass=UnrealShare.SinglePlayer,Description="Map1;Campaign1")
Object=(Name=Game.Game,Class=Class,MetaClass=UnrealShare.SinglePlayer,Description="Map2;Campaign2")
Object=(Name=Game.Game,Class=Class,MetaClass=UnrealShare.SinglePlayer,Description="Map3;Campaign3") 

And so forth.

You must construct additional pylons.
IP Logged

Lightning_Hunter

Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 12:30am
Print Post  
Thanks, Hellkeeper!  I've now added Unreal: Forgotten and Redeem Your Space to the list of campaigns, since they are 227 only.  My only unanswered question now is the showscores command for SP.  Is there at least a command that will tell me what the current skill level is set to? It drives me crazy not knowing for sure.  I know there is a bug in some SP campaigns in which the skill is reset to medium after the intro or cutscene.  Medium skill is far too easy for me, and I want to be able to know for sure that it is keeping the skill I selected.

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 7:03am
Print Post  
For the difficulty level, you can do in console "get engine.gameinfo difficulty" and remember that 227 now offers difficulty up to 6 (while 6 is probably only to beat in coop)- maybe its really an idea to add this information somewhere.
As for the score, scoring was never meant to be part of singleplay, but since Oldskool is also a coop mod, you should simply start the game in coopmode and you'll have a scoreboard as wanted Smiley

« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2015 at 11:33am by Smirftsch »  

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Rarsonic

FOR AN UNREAL 227 WITH
UTF-16!

Reply #4 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Speaking about difficulties, and I'm very sure this has been asked to you before, Smirf, but:

Would it be possible to add filters for difficulties 4 and 5 to an actor's properties? Or would that be too much of a compatibility-breaking hassle?

<<Gibberish>>
YIM  
IP Logged

Lightning_Hunter

Reply #5 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Smirftsch wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 7:03am:
For the difficulty level, you can do in console "get engine.gameinfo difficulty" and remember that 227 now offers difficulty up to 6 (while 6 is probably only to beat in coop)- maybe its really an idea to add this information somewhere.
As for the score, scoring was never meant to be part of singleplay, but since Oldskool is also a coop mod, you should simply start the game in coopmode and you'll have a scoreboard as wanted Smiley

Thanks.  Even if you don't add kill counts to the scoreboard, I think you should at least list the difficulty level, title, and author when people press F1.  I always read that info when playing custom maps.  The info that appears at the very start is good, but you can't view it after it disappears.

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Reply #6 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Rarsonic wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 11:24am:
Speaking about difficulties, and I'm very sure this has been asked to you before, Smirf, but:

Would it be possible to add filters for difficulties 4 and 5 to an actor's properties? Or would that be too much of a compatibility-breaking hassle?

Uh...no idea if this was asked before Smiley
Well so far the additional difficulty levels have been used only to increase difficulty only and the old filters have been kept to not change behavior in older maps. For 227 only maps more filters shouldn't cause any problems I think. Not sure if it makes much sense though, but I am no mapper.

Lightning_Hunter wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 4:42pm:
Thanks.  Even if you don't add kill counts to the scoreboard, I think you should at least list the difficulty level, title, and author when people press F1.  I always read that info when playing custom maps.  The info that appears at the very start is good, but you can't view it after it disappears.

Yeah, maybe something to think about.

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Lightning_Hunter

Reply #7 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Ok, so I just now used the "get engine.gameinfo difficulty" command, and it tells me that the skill is set to "1" every time.  Even if I launch the original Unreal maps and choose a skill like Unreal, it tells me the skill is set to 1.  Are the skills messed up, or is it not telling me the correct skill?

IP Logged

[]KAOS[]Casey
Developer Team
Betatester

nedm

Reply #8 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 3:54am
Print Post  
"get" should get you the default value of the class'gameinfo' difficulty.

If you really want to see it, window your game and use editactor class=gameinfo command. It should be under the None/null category.

IP Logged

Lightning_Hunter

Reply #9 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 5:09am
Print Post  
Thanks, Casey.  I had to know for sure whether or not these campaigns were keeping the skill level intact after the intro.  Most maps that have a flyby or cutscene for the intro will reset the skill level to the default of "1", so this is the only way to know for sure.

IP Logged

NaPaliShore

Oldunreal member

Reply #10 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 8:14am
Print Post  
[]KAOS[]Casey wrote on Feb 24th, 2015 at 3:54am:

If you really want to see it, window your game and use editactor class=gameinfo command. It should be under the None/null category.

Question - can't you just type "report" in the console, and look for the part of the "URL" string that includes "difficulty="? 

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Reply #11 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 10:33am
Print Post  
[]KAOS[]Casey wrote on Feb 24th, 2015 at 3:54am:

yuk...really forgot about that.

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo