logo
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) OldSparky's Party: Sep. 5th - DeathMatch / KingOfTheHill (Read 5161 times)
strategy-(DOG)-

-(DOG)-clan | Oldunreal

OldSparky's Party: Sep. 5th - DeathMatch / KingOfTheHill
Aug 31st, 2014 at 10:44am
Print Post  
hello friends!

on friday, september 5th, sparky would have been 71 years old. to celebrate his birthday and to honor him, i think it would be a nice idea to join on his server for some matches.
we'd like to invite anybody for some open playing on friday on the 2 dm/koth servers:

NEWBIESPLAYGROUND.COM Sickpuppy's Doghouse (KingOfTheHill)
NEWBIESPLAYGROUND.COM OldSparky's Memorial DM (DeathMatch)

would be nice to see some players there to light a candle for the old man!
WOOF! WOOF!

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Skywolf
Betatester

Just placeholding...

Re: OldSparky's Party: Sep. 5th - DeathMatch / KingOfTheHill
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2014 at 11:39am
Print Post  
Shame I get over 150 ping on every NewbiesPlayground server. Else I would surely join this party.

May I ask where these servers are located? Sinds I try to connect from the Netherlands.

I hate it when people ask me what my favorite game is. Just try to explain you're not talking about Unreal Tournament Roll Eyes.

IP Logged

strategy-(DOG)-

-(DOG)-clan | Oldunreal

Reply #2 - Aug 31st, 2014 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
there are many awesome fraggers coming from the netherlands Wink and your ping should be a bit lower now with current server-settings.
i'm used to play with a ping of 171 to 187 for years, and i still enjoy it Smiley
would be great if you'd show up nevertheless. we meet there just for fun!

p.s. the servers are located in st. louis / missouri (usa)

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

gopostal
Betatester

Hack coder

Reply #3 - Aug 31st, 2014 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Ping or competitiveness is not even something to consider for this. It's just good to stop by to show support for the community (and a life well lived I have read), even if just for a game.

I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Reply #4 - Aug 31st, 2014 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
I'll be there.

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Skywolf
Betatester

Just placeholding...

Reply #5 - Aug 31st, 2014 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
strategy-(DOG)- wrote on Aug 31st, 2014 at 1:13pm:
your ping should be a bit lower now with current server-settings.

Lol, Then I don't want to know how bad is was before. I get 160 even with these supposed improvements Wink.

Anyway, I will see if I can join in. Just realised I have some other stuff to do that date so even when I come it won't be for a very long time Undecided.

I hate it when people ask me what my favorite game is. Just try to explain you're not talking about Unreal Tournament Roll Eyes.

IP Logged

morbit

Dark ruler of his own
room.

Reply #6 - Sep 1st, 2014 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Though I'm far removed from Unreal these days, this post as well as that my account is still being here, touched me somewhat.

Have fun you all and memorate Him suitably.

IP Logged

DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

DHrdsDGW

Reply #7 - Sep 1st, 2014 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
I will be there too, if my health provides it.

As for the ping, i too am from The Netherlands and always played in the US resulting in a ping that varied by either 199 or 299 (and nothing in between). I played with that ping for years and years. Or even worse, and this happened mainly(despite Havok's efforts to solve it for me) on the HLK servers that the packages arrived unordered which gave hilarious results. When team members running in front of me suddenly turned and dissapeared in the wall while they actually took a corner way ahead Smiley

And like gopostal said, its more being together than anything else. And effectively you have to anticipate on it by aiming ahead(or far ahead) of the player you wanna shoot.

Glad to see that his birthday is being celebrated rather than the day he died, coincidental I had the same thing happen this year when the day my mother died came close and i thought why remember that day and not celebrate her birthday a week later.

So we decide to do it otherwise and celebrate from that day the birthday from my mom and dad and will do so the next years. While the day they died had a big impact, it makes more sense to celebrate their birthday, my dad became 91 last week Smiley And its cool to see they still get older despite they are dead Smiley

But indeed lots of people are from The Netherlands or Germany or Belgium and it never has stopped them from playing with a of ping 99+.

Some technical questions, since i haven't been playing for years, what patch is advised 227, A, B,C, D, E, F so i can enter the server?

Is there also a TS server?, I probably can't understand anything because of my hearing, but it would be cool to hear your voices again.

But remember, ping doesn't take away the fun, but sometimes it can be aaaaargh or grrrrrr but its all in the game.....

And the game is called Unreal Smiley

IP Logged

gopostal
Betatester

Hack coder

Reply #8 - Sep 1st, 2014 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Well done DieHard. It's important to celebrate one's life and not death. I was afraid I was going to die and so I tried to guide my kids to think like you said. It made so much difference for them. We can't change some of life's paths, only our reactions to them.

The last part of your post is simply wonderful. I'm going to sig with it for a while if you don't mind  Smiley

I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day

IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Reply #9 - Sep 1st, 2014 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
I'd love to be there but that will depend of the time it happens. I guess it will take place late or even during the night, and I unfortunately work at that time. Be assured I will join you all in thought.

You must construct additional pylons.
IP Logged

strategy-(DOG)-

-(DOG)-clan | Oldunreal

Reply #10 - Sep 1st, 2014 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
thank you all for your interest!
the server is set on 227j, so if you'd patch to official 227i you'll be well prepared for the server (maybe you'll find the time to get the cache files from our website ( http://www.newbiesplayground.net )....

yes, newbies serves a teamspeak 3 server. it is not public, but everybody playing on newbies servers is welcomed to join our ts3 server as well. anyone who intends to join, please send me a private message or an email to admin@newbiesplayground.com including your playername to obtain ts3 server address + password.

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Dr.Flay

ChaosUT-333networks

Reply #11 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 9:55am
Print Post  
For those that have not connected before, I would recommend connecting before then, so you have the main server mods (lots of them), or use OldSparkys clever pre-made cache.
It is everything and so rather large !
I notice all the maps I played had rock or \m/etal tracks for the backing  Cool
Nice, but takes a while to DL.

Hmm. I may have to tidy a few things and give you a beta version of my DogTown update.
I took a break from it, as I was getting a little bored with finding furniture for each of the houses (I want each to look like different peoples houses).

Any idea if OldSparky liked a particular drink ?
A bottle of something to go with the turkey dinner may be nice.

IP Logged

Sly.

Oldunreal member

Reply #12 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
I will make sure to participate again later today!
Just sorting out some connection issues. It's fun, I encourage others to just hop in! Smiley

EDIT: It was a lot of fun!
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2014 at 12:56am by Sly. »  

IP Logged

Dr.Flay

ChaosUT-333networks

Reply #13 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 8:48am
Print Post  
Boohoo  Cry I missed out again.
I kept getting invaded by people, when all I wanted to do was invade some Unreal.
Pah!
I haven't played anything for several weeks and it is a pain in the backside.

IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Reply #14 - Sep 7th, 2014 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
As I thought, couldn't be there, I was at work. I thought about you all and I hope you honoured OldSparky's memory. I find it very endearing that most people around Unreal know each other because of the small size of this community. It's a very nice subterranean world.

You must construct additional pylons.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo