Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Unreal 2: The Re-Awakening (Read 3479 times)
EvilGrins

Oldunreal member

Unreal 2: The Re-Awakening
Aug 23rd, 2014 at 12:10am
Print Post  
The first time I played U2 I didn't exactly cheat, by which I mean I didn't use God-Mode...

...just gave myself maximum health and ammo, hit 'save game' a lot, and occasionally I'd get all weapons before I got to the parts of the game where you'd get those new weapons.

I started playing the game again yesterday, after some serious reconfiguring...

...basically copying a lot of my ut99 User.ini over parts of the Unreal2 User.ini for the moves; that's a whole involved thing... which I'm still doing. Mainly though, I'm having to relearn the cheats.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/472314-unreal-ii-the-awakening/cheats

I kinda wanna play it this time through for fun and ridiculous summons. See, in ut99 when you summon a monster it's facing you, so it's likely gonna attack you immediately. However in Unreal2 monsters face away from you when you summon them so they'll attack whatever's in front of them, and then come after you after they've killed that.

With the exception of other Skaarj, it's possible to summon them in to kill anything you might come across... if you wanna sit back and watch.

Or you can summon in troops to assist you:

Who says U2 doesn't have bots?

Anyway, that's what I've been doing lately. The fact this started while I was feverish I'm sure has nothing to do with anything.

New Gaming strategy: Hug everything!
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Re: Unreal 2: The Re-Awakening
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2014 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Meh, amusing.

IIRC, U2 actually has bots. If you start a multiplayer level, bots will spawn. The problem is that there are no multiplayer levels and that all bots pretty much have the same model.

You must construct additional pylons.
IP Logged

GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Reply #2 - Aug 24th, 2014 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Ah, so that's why you posted so many Unreal II pictures on the UT4 forums Smiley

Yea, it's nice to mess around like that. I did a run with the Singularity Cannon only, it was quite fun (but it totally breaks the Drakk boss battle), pickups flying all around the map. Another run I wanted to try was an infinite-Takkra-only run, though I didn't get very far.

I really should finish my walkthrough over at Liandri Archives at some point. Hmm.

Oh, and yes, Unreal II has multiplayer with bots. It even has some custom multiplayer maps (someone ported over DM-Stalwart from UT1, for instance). The bots are just not very good at it.

IP Logged

EvilGrins

Oldunreal member

Reply #3 - Aug 26th, 2014 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
GreatEmerald wrote on Aug 24th, 2014 at 8:48pm:
Ah, so that's why you posted so many Unreal II pictures on the UT4 forums Smiley

Pictures?

I have no idea what you mean... hey, are those Skaarj down there?

Oh, and yes, Unreal II has multiplayer with bots.

I never managed to find that aspect of it the first time I tried it.

Not entirely, those are from the first time I played 2 years back. I'm just taking another run at it now.
Yea, it's nice to mess around like that. I did a run with the Singularity Cannon only, it was quite fun (but it totally breaks the Drakk boss battle)

I've tried the Drakk boss with every configuration of thing you can find. I've fought it with each weapon, I've fought it with summons. 8 Izarians chasing it around that chamber will eventually take it down, leaving only 1 of them for me to finish off. Skaarj fighting it is much more dramatic, as they can blast it, claw it if they can catch up to it, AND i'VE EVEN SEEN SOME JUMP FROM (oops) on top of it from a higher level when its low.
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2014 at 9:09pm by EvilGrins »  

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

EvilGrins

Oldunreal member

Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
...and, on a random note, I've also taken the Drakk out of their element more than once.

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo