Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Linux 227i - no launch - no sound libs? (Read 691 times)
themacmeister

Oldunreal member

Linux 227i - no launch - no sound libs?
Jul 22nd, 2014 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Hi all, I just tried installing Linux 227i via WINE.

I am using latest Mint Linux 14.04 XFCE edition.

No matter what audio I select, the linux executable quits with complaints about missing libraries. I am using UT_DATA_PATH=/my/utpath/System and it still complains.

It is only one step away from launching, I just need to get FMOD and libXMP running to get it working. I am using a x86_64 linux, so needed to create a custom script for padsp 32bit. This got UT and SSTFE working with sound. (damn pulse audio).

Any help anyone can give me, or launch scripts or static libs, or ANY HELP, would be appreciated greatly.

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Re: Linux 227i - no launch - no sound libs?
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2014 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Hey there and welcome Wink

Unlike the UT installation Unreal uses the System folder in the game directory and not somthing like .Unreal in home and an additional path variable like UT_PATH_DATA is usually not required.
227i still uses OpenAL in combination with FMod 3.75, for 227j which is not officially released yet I switched to libxmp. There is a convenience_libs.tar.gz in the help folder which should contain any possible required dependency libs, including FMod.
Other than that you can give it a try already with the -nosound startup parameter.
If there is trouble with the output you can give it a try with ProbeDevicesOnly=True in the corresponding section, for OpenAL in [ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem], or if using FMod in [FMODAudioDrv.FMODAudioDevice] - it will give you a list of valid settings and is starting up then without sound to avoid crashes.

I hope this will help!

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo