Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic (UT) OpenAL + NW3 = Hard-Crash (Read 2022 times)
Amaroq Clearwater

Check my signature for
a link to my character
bio.

(UT) OpenAL + NW3 = Hard-Crash
Mar 13th, 2014 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Whenever I play Unreal Tournament (or Unreal Fortress) with Nali Weapons 3, it works just fine on Galaxy audio but randomly freezes and crashes (without error message) when OpenAL is enabled. It only seems to happen after I have been playing for a few minutes, and it always seems to happen when somebody kills somebody else on the map with a Multi-Missile launcher (even if I'm nowhere near them when it happens.)

Which is odd because people using multi-missiles on eachother earlier in the match doesn't cause any crashes, and these multi-missile crashes only seem to occur when I'm using OpenAL. I would also like to note that the OpenAL works just fine for me in other games that use it (including 227.)

Is the OpenAL for Unreal Tournament broken?

Read the bio for my fursona here:
*OUTDATED LINK, WILL BE REPLACED SOON*

---

"Daddy, I had a nightmare."
"What is it, darling?"
"The next Unreal won't have Deck16..."
"That's harsh."
IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Re: (UT) OpenAL + NW3 = Hard-Crash
Reply #1 - Mar 14th, 2014 at 6:54am
Print Post  
Bugged...maybe, but rather outdated. I made an update in between, which can be found in the downloads, but the interest was, or is, rather low. There is no port yet of the latest (in 227j included) version yet though (well there is no official version of it anywhere yet Smiley).

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Amaroq Clearwater

Check my signature for
a link to my character
bio.

Re: (UT) OpenAL + NW3 = Hard-Crash
Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2014 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
The one I downloaded was from right when I found the website and also got 227.

Am I supposed to download Beta 0.99b?
P.S.: If you haven't tried implementing this yet, could you add Virtual Surround to your to-do list?

I currently use a pair of Bose stereo headphones, a years-old birthday present. I however do not have any surround speakers/headphones, and no ports on my computer to hook any up, but I really want to have surround sound if possible.

I know it works, because I've heard all of Creative Labs' EAX and X-Fi demos where they are using 3D surround in games (with my current pair of headphones), and I have seen demonstrations on various websites by various other individuals of their own 3D sound systems.

I would show the demos to you, but Creative Labs recently took them down from their Sound Blaster website Sad

Read the bio for my fursona here:
*OUTDATED LINK, WILL BE REPLACED SOON*

---

"Daddy, I had a nightmare."
"What is it, darling?"
"The next Unreal won't have Deck16..."
"That's harsh."
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo