Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) [227i+] UT map packs for Unreal (Read 27420 times)
.:..:
Oldunreal MasterPoster
Developer Team

Re: [227i+] UT map packs for Unreal
Reply #15 - Jul 25th, 2013 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
It is my conversion and I do it the way I like.
Quote:
Could someone please do something about the AI in 227, because of the changes, many sequences in ONP (basically the whole of "Prisoned") are completely broken.
Cheers.

In Unreal.ini, change:
[Engine.GameInfo]
bAlwaysEnhancedSightCheck=false
That makes so AI is startled from seeing player through invisible and transparent surfaces.

Shivaxi wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 12:50pm:
...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD Tongue

(ಠ_ಠ)
IP Logged

Shivaxi
The One Who Wanted To Have A Special Title In Forum
Betatester

Loving Pie

Reply #16 - Jul 26th, 2013 at 12:10am
Print Post  
.:..: wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 7:29pm:
It is my conversion and I do it the way I like.

Really?  Several people just kindly asked for you to make your additions an option instead of forced, and this is your response?  And yes, its a "Conversion", not a "mod"...and not YOUR mod either.  We asked politely and you respond like a child.

"It's my conversion and I'll do it the way I like it"  This is the reason why we have 50 different RTNP conversions.  Because nobody can just do it right the first time.  Everyone has to change around everything, things that shouldn't be there in the first place.  Why can't we just have a stock straight up conversion?

If you won't do this, then I or somebody else will, and then we'll get lots of version mismatches in the future, yay! -_-

IP Logged

[]KAOS[]Casey
Developer Team
Betatester

nedm

Reply #17 - Jul 26th, 2013 at 6:26am
Print Post  
Shivaxi wrote on Jul 26th, 2013 at 12:10am:
If you won't do this, then I or somebody else will, and then we'll get lots of version mismatches in the future, yay! -_-

Oh well. I really don't like your "HD" weapons since they don't really capture the original feel. I would be fine if they were just HD reskins and effects similar to the originals, but they're over the top {and were FPS-annihilating at one point} and actually obscure vision.

But that's the way you like it, and there's not a damn thing I can do about it.

Although, about the spellcasting thing, there's not a whole lot you can do for the usability vs retaining old crap thing. On one hand, I don't know many people who even know how to use that thing, and there wouldn't be people online to teach people, so for there to be a UI would be immensely helpful.

tl;dr: you win and lose both ways.

Quote:
Could someone please do something about the AI in 227, because of the changes, many sequences in ONP (basically the whole of "Prisoned") are completely broken.

Examples? It's possible that UT has things implemented that U1 does not and they're broken explicitly by it not being UT, not incidentally, as in a bug introduced in 227. If the SightCheck thing doesn't fix it, report in.

IP Logged

Mister_Prophet

Reply #18 - Jul 26th, 2013 at 6:34am
Print Post  
Correct me if I'm wrong, Shivaxi's HD weapon mod is...well it's a mod. This is to be a conversion of other people's campaigns, yes? That in itself is a feat that will require testing, so I would think the priority would be to simply get them to run properly, preferably to how they did in UT? None of the campaigns mentioned here are flawless anyway and Nali Chronicles, for its merit, divides players anyway when it comes to how combat is handled. I guess I just think...the task is already taxing, right? Whose asking to modify features?

IP Logged

SteadZ
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jul 26th, 2013 at 7:47am
Print Post  
The Sight Check thing has fixed it. Part of the problem is in the map itself, with the fact that the pawns at the beginning of Prisoned have their attitude to player set to HATE rather than IGNORE.
"But that's the way you like it, and there's not a damn thing I can do about it."
You could just not get it Wink

"Although, about the spellcasting thing, there's not a whole lot you can do for the usability vs retaining old crap thing. On one hand, I don't know many people who even know how to use that thing, and there wouldn't be people online to teach people, so for there to be a UI would be immensely helpful."
I really don't see what everyone's problem is... what's wrong with keeping the original keybinds? That's how Eater intended it to be done, so that should be deafault. If you don't like it that way, then make a setting to toggle it to your beloved UI interface!!
Also, about the problem with teaching people keybinds, how about you just make a translator message or something along those lines that tells new players the keybinds and how to set them? Is that so hard?
I despair...
SZ

IP Logged

Shivaxi
Betatester

Loving Pie

Reply #20 - Jul 26th, 2013 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Several problems with Dots' pulse gun beam effects...its too fast compared to the original (ironic since before it was way too slow a long time ago when he first made this), it doesnt have as much range as the original effect, and the sound is quieter and sounds muffled.

Other problems include half of the weapons being inverted...which idk how the hell he managed that.  The meshes themselves are fine as far as I can tell.  It wasn't like this in the old BotPack.  The Chainsaw is also broken on the secondary fire.  Plus the animations for the PulseGun and UT_EightBall are a bit broken as well.

I made a simple toggle to turn off the 227 pulse gun effects and 227 trail effects that dots' added on PulseGun and FlakCannon.

http://shivaxi.com/unreal/downloads/BotPack%20Shiv.zip

Took me about 10 minutes.  This is just an example of what is should look like...its not that hard.  Toggles are in Advanced Options under BotPack.

IP Logged

[]KAOS[]Casey
Developer Team
Betatester

nedm

Reply #21 - Jul 27th, 2013 at 6:38am
Print Post  
Mister_Prophet wrote on Jul 26th, 2013 at 6:34am:
Correct me if I'm wrong, Shivaxi's HD weapon mod is...well it's a mod.

I wrote my post with that in mind. "HD" by the dictionary would be "High Definition", and not a re-imagining with relatively overkill effects.

If it was called say, Unreal 1 Weapons now with Crazy Emitters I'd be ok with that.

Quote:
Also, about the problem with teaching people keybinds, how about you just make a translator message or something along those lines that tells new players the keybinds and how to set them? Is that so hard?

It is when there's actually a sizable amount of people who can't speak english very well. There's actually some maps that I've recently found that are amazingly detailed, but the language isn't in english so I don't really know what's going on. A 100% GUI lets players who can't even understand any language {theoretically} as to what anything does

This is basically the same debate as damned if you do and damned if you don't. Sorta reminds me of how people used ultra shadows and then blamed us for themselves using the FPS-annihilating setting, though in hindsight we should have put in a dialog that says "you're crazy".

tl;dr what really matters is that the shit actually works. I'd never play any UT map packs purely because they're on UT. what's better, playing something, or not playing something at all?

IP Logged

.:..:
Oldunreal MasterPoster
Developer Team

Reply #22 - Jul 27th, 2013 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Well fine, I will keep these mods private since everyone becomes a bitch about it.

I guess the community isn't just ready for this.

@Shitaxi: I planned to do that next version of botpack already (I am just waiting for 227j release so I can make use of more features from that), but you don't need to tell me the same thing 50 times over and over again.

The option to disable new FX for botpack also makes it beg the question: why would you play UT in Unreal then and not UT if it were exactly the same?

Shivaxi wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 12:50pm:
...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD Tongue

(ಠ_ಠ)
IP Logged

Hyper
Board Moderator
Betatester

It's Unreal.

Reply #23 - Jul 27th, 2013 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
.:..: wrote on Jul 20th, 2013 at 9:49am:
I will try to post in this thread UT map packs that can be run in 227i (or later versions) using a specific setup.

Step 1: Install 227i.
Step 2: Download BotPack compiled for 227:
  - For multiplayer online compatibility you also should download update version of the voicepacks (which are marked as downloadable for other clients):
Step 3: Link paths to UT folders by editing Unreal.ini and add following lines (though you need to set them point to your UT directory):
Quote:
Paths=D:\UnrealTournament\System\*.u
Paths=..\..\UnrealTournament\Maps\*.unr
Paths=..\..\UnrealTournament\Textures\*.utx
Paths=..\..\UnrealTournament\Sounds\*.uax
Paths=..\..\UnrealTournament\Music\*.umx

Step 4: Download OldSkool for Unreal 227:
Now you are ready to play some UT in Unreal.

The following map packs should work:

I haven't tested more different map packs, but if you want to request more then go ahead.

Quite interesting, however, I don't see any download links to your suggested files:

1. Download BotPack compiled for 227
  2. OldSkool for Unreal 227

Would you be so kind to provide me with these links?

IP Logged

GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Reply #24 - Jul 27th, 2013 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Hyper wrote on Jul 27th, 2013 at 1:51pm:
Quite interesting, however, I don't see any download links to your suggested files:

The post above yours says that Dots removed them.

I don't think that's a smart move, Dots. Having something, even if not completely default, is better than having nothing at all. Although I'm still not convinced about the legal status of Botpack for Unreal...

IP Logged

Rob-Bot

Reply #25 - Jul 27th, 2013 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Dots just ignore these people. Everyone in this community always finds something to whine about, and that's why I don't play much anymore. Although there are still people out there (myself included) who enjoy this conversion and would love to see future versions released.

IP Logged

Shivaxi
Betatester

Loving Pie

Reply #26 - Jul 27th, 2013 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
First of all...

.:..: wrote on Jul 27th, 2013 at 12:37pm:
shitaxi

This is a bit childish and uncalled for.

but you don't need to tell me the same thing 50 times over and over again.

I didn't?  Everyone here asked you about making the 227 effects an option.

I planned to do that next version of botpack already (I am just waiting for 227j release so I can make use of more features from that)

How was I or anyone supposed to know that when your response was "It is my conversion and I do it the way I like." when several of us asked you politely about that?  You basically told everyone that you couldn't and wouldn't be bothered to make any furthermore changes.  Perhaps if you responded in a serious manor, you would have been taken seriously and had much kinder responses.  You act like I'm the only one who asked about the options for BotPack when in fact everybody here made a post about that.

Also, saying "The option to disable new FX for botpack also makes it beg the question: why would you play UT in Unreal then and not UT if it were exactly the same?" is a mute point.  Because if that was really how you thought, then why even convert BotPack in the first place?  With that attitude, we all might as well just go play UT instead, right?

I don't know what removing the links is supposed to do.  Everyone is not "being a bitch about it".  We simply asked (and politely) for toggleable options for your new effects in BotPack, and you simply told us no.  So you have to expect some criticism.

IP Logged

[]KAOS[]Casey
Developer Team
Betatester

nedm

Reply #27 - Jul 27th, 2013 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Shivaxi wrote on Jul 27th, 2013 at 4:21pm:
shitaxi

I didn't?  Everyone here asked you about making the 227 effects an option.

"Everyone" being three people. Sample size is pretty awesome there. I didn't care either way.

Quote:
This is exactly what you did with Botpack and its annoying -_-  You did this even worse with your Upak "fix"...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD

Because that's not throwing massive bs into his face. Maybe you should read what you say before jumping to defend yourself.

There's other things you said that come off as a complete jerk, too. So go read em and come back.

Quote:
shitvaxi

yeah sometimes I do that when I don't mean to because "shi" isn't something I normally type if it's not followed by t. Whoops. not to mention all those times I followed bugs that weren't bugs, damn it dude

IP Logged

Hyper
Board Moderator
Betatester

It's Unreal.

Reply #28 - Jul 27th, 2013 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
GreatEmerald wrote on Jul 27th, 2013 at 2:01pm:
Hyper wrote on Jul 27th, 2013 at 1:51pm:

The post above yours says that Dots removed them.

I don't think that's a smart move, Dots. Having something, even if not completely default, is better than having nothing at all. Although I'm still not convinced about the legal status of Botpack for Unreal...

Nevermind, found the links in the web cache.

IP Logged

NaPaliShore

Oldunreal member

Reply #29 - Jun 1st, 2014 at 9:11am
Print Post  
Jet v4.3.5 wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 4:34am:
  • Deja Vu gives me this error when attempting to start the first level:
    Code
    Select All
    Warning: Failed to load 'UMS': Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo'
    Warning: Failed to load 'USP-DejaScripts': Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo'
    Warning: Failed to load 'usp-01-hellscrag': Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo'
    Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo' 

• I have been getting those same errors with most of the maps in Deja Vu, under 227i. 

Some of the other maps show something like this instead:

Code
    Select All
    Log: 446703.2ms Loading: Package USP-03-Naveed-LH
    Log: Failed import: FloatProperty FloatProperty Engine.Teleporter.LastFired (file ..\System\Engine.u)
    Warning: Failed to load 'USP-03-Naveed-LH.unr': Can't find FloatProperty in file 'FloatProperty Engine.Teleporter.LastFired'
    Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find FloatProperty in file 'FloatProperty Engine.Teleporter.LastFired' 

Either way, I can't get any of the Deja Vu maps to work in 227i.   Embarrassed

Otherwise, I have greatly enjoyed the ability to play ONP. Project Zephon, The Last Fortress, and many other UT maps and packs under 227i, thanks to .:..:'s amazing work here!

I even managed to get most of the maps in Return to Na Pali: Ultimate Edition (RTNPUE) to load and play (the only exceptions are Velora.unr and VeloraCellars.unr, which refer to "UPak.SpiderEggs", which does not exist in the 227 version of UPak).  Other classic SP maps and packs for UT that work under 227i include: The Landing, Tashara's Cove, Zero Black, Ortican, The Fury, Gothic Resurrection, Vacillations of a Victorian Vagrant, Morene, Peril on Mars, New Alcatraz, Skaarj Tower 2: The Fall of Seethe, The Odyssey, The Skyfalls, WT1 Series 1 (for UT), and De'Nasha Breeche Monastery.

So I'm basically "over the moon" about this breakthrough.  Just wish I could play Deja Vu - if anyone has had success with getting that pack to work under 227i, and could recommend things for me to try, I would be very grateful!  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
    Send TopicPrint
    Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo