Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 227 i Unreal 1 w/EDM small trouble (Read 2106 times)
oZ_INF

Oldunreal member

227 i Unreal 1 w/EDM small trouble
Jun 24th, 2013 at 12:57am
Print Post  
Hello,

I was hoping to get some info on Linux 227 i servers, how are they? Do they run well? any bugs that I should know of?

I  made an exact duplicate of my server in 227 i , edm inf, running in linux and same for windows.

Some maps will NOT run, for instance UT Weapons and such.

All the files are in place I made 200% sure of this, file for file every one is there.

for some maps it just says a3text cant find file in the log, even though its the SAME exact file  same size and everything.

IP Logged

oZ_INF

Oldunreal member

Re: 227 i Unreal 1 w/EDM small trouble
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2013 at 1:02am
Print Post  
Also, what are the pro's and con's of using Linux 227?

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2013 at 7:41am
Print Post  
about your trouble- hard to say, I'm running 2 servers on Linux right now without any issues, I am also entirely sure that f.e. UT Weapons definitely work. Take care that Linux is a case sensitive OS, maybe that's causing it, although I made it searching files case insensitive for the most part, but maybe some path?

Advantages are maybe from administrative side, as well as server requirements. On Linux you can run a server entirely without graphical interface, f.e. over ssh. Commands to the server can be entered directly into console then. One of my testservers is currently running on a Pandaboard, which doesn't eat up 20W overall, try this on windows Smiley
General stability and performance equals pretty much the windows version, although it slightly acts a bit more bitchy in 227i yet if crappy compiled mods are used (such as UED massacre recompiled and recompiled mods with hundreds of circular dependencies).
However, I was able to improve performance and stability quite some for coming 227j release, so servers will do even better in Linux especially on low end machines.
Configurations however you have to do manually in ini as Linux is not having advanced options, that's maybe one of the biggest con's.
Other than that its nothing more than a personal choice, I prefer usually Linux in any case for server purposes due the advantages this OS is having in security questions.

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

oZ_INF

Oldunreal member

Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2013 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
ty

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo