logo
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Reason why KVision order 1 sounds the way it is. (Read 8924 times)
GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Re: Reason why KVision order 1 sounds the way it is.
Reply #15 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 8:31am
Print Post  
Hmm, I'm still not sure about that. I mean, sure, Galaxy works right if we assume that we are supposed to hear the music the way ST3 plays it. But it plays music inaccurately if we assume that we are supposed to hear the music the way IT plays it. And if Brandon used IT to compose and play back the music, then we are also supposed to hear it the way IT plays it. which means that ST3 and Galaxy are playing the music inaccurately in this particular case. And it would be the other way round if the composer actually used ST3 to compose the music.

IP Logged

スマイル・ドラゴン
Betatester

『smile。。。』

Reply #16 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 8:41am
Print Post  
Well yes Brandon composed it in IT, saved a S3M without even being aware of the consequences of what happens when a player decides to play it as accurate as ST3.EXE would play it's own modules.

If this were a IT on the other hand, you wouldn't have the problem. (Again... probably as I had not tested this theory myself yet) And any player that bases itself off IT's playback routines would play this file "properly".

You can tell if a S3M is saved by IT by examining the "version number" stored in the module. xmp will tell you this too when playing any S3M file, it will also tell you if a IT file was saved in modplug as well based on the same principle. (For S3M's generally the byte should be "0x320" I think, if it were have been saved in ST3.EXE)

I am the dragon without a name.
rk-__-ght.: / κυνικός Δράκων / スマイル・ドラゴン / Draco Nihil
IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Reply #17 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Wait, I'm confused. Brandon composed and played the thing in IT. And you are saying that the real way to listen to this music is with ST3. Wouldn't the "real" way be the exact thing the composer made and listen to?

You must construct additional pylons.
IP Logged

スマイル・ドラゴン
Betatester

『smile。。。』

Reply #18 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 12:50am
Print Post  
Yes, Brandon composed this in IT and saved it as a S3M file for whatever reason.

The ORIGINAL KVision however, WAS made in ST3.EXE, NOT IT.EXE

So to play this back the way Brandon intended it one must use IT.EXE, to actually make it sound as is intended on ST3.EXE my fix must be applied to the patterns within the module itself and re-saved as S3M under ST3.EXE (note this will also reset the version number within the module so players that care about this byte will know ST3.EXE save it authentically)

What I'm saying is, Brandon should of used ST3.EXE to compose this just to avoid the bug he unknowingly set inside the module that he did not notice in IT.EXE because IT.EXE does things differently and is not affected by the aforementioned bug.

I am the dragon without a name.
rk-__-ght.: / κυνικός Δράκων / スマイル・ドラゴン / Draco Nihil
IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Reply #19 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Oh, ok. I see now. Thanks Smiley

You must construct additional pylons.
IP Logged

GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Reply #20 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
スマイル・ドラゴン wrote on Apr 16th, 2013 at 12:50am:
What I'm saying is, Brandon should of used ST3.EXE to compose this just to avoid the bug he unknowingly set inside the module that he did not notice in IT.EXE because IT.EXE does things differently and is not affected by the aforementioned bug.

Alternatively, someone could have fixed the bug in ST3 Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo