Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic "Split-Screen" in UE1 Games (Read 3342 times)
Mochu

Oldunreal member

"Split-Screen" in UE1 Games
Mar 31st, 2013 at 6:08am
Print Post  
Ok this info ist old and i have no clue if someone will use it here but it works :p so here u go

Ok this trick use one wird thins in UE1 games , i dont know why but windows send input from joystick to inactive UE1 game . So you can control the game on joystick even when the window isnt active .

This littletutorial will allow you to use this trick :

1. Install any unreal engine game you wan to play , and connect any controler you want to use .
I prefer dual analog for using with this .
2.Then go to System and run a game , change the video options and change that game will run in window mode .
3. Make a buckup of folder System in game directory and rename it to "System - 2nd"
4. Go to "System - 2nd" and rename the .exe file etc Unreal.exe to Unreal - 2nd.exe
(renaming .exe file will allow you to run game 2 times on ona PC)
5. Start Unreal - 2nd.exe open console and ender "preferences"
6. In Advenced Options go to Advenced -> Raw Key Bingins
Ok and now you have to check witch axix are wich , command you want to use on axis are :

Axis aLookUp speed=-0.2 (for looking up/down)
Axis aturn speed=0.2 (for turning)
Axis astrafe speed=2 (for streafing)
Axis aBaseY speed=2 (for moving forward/backward)

Now go down until you will find JoyR to JoyZ this are you axis now enter the command and check if you applay correct command to correct axis , if you want to invert looking simply enter "-" before speed etc "-0.2"

If the axis all configurate correctly then do some button mapping , the best thing ist that you can edit Advencet Options on the fly with game running and chceck the configuration  ok and remamber to add somwhere on joystick "open 127.0.0.1" this will allow you to join to the local host .

On now when everything ist ready simply fo to System and run Unreal.exe , then go to System - 2nd and run Unreal - 2nd.exe on the first Unral start the multiplayer game and join from the second one

Ok thats all i think . You can use any UE1 game , i personal have tested MobileForces , Rune , Unreal , UnrealTournament , X-COM Enforcer and all game have been working like a charm .

ps.Sry for my english :p

IP Logged

William(Rainman)
God Member

Pancaking Skaarj Troopers
with the Cicada.

Re: "Split-Screen" in UE1 Games
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2013 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Unless you have a Big Screen TV or Projector Split Screen sucks and I don't think Unreal has a Controller/Gamepad Option so it would be Impossible using 1 Keyboard and 1 Mouse for Splitscreen plus the PC would freak out if there where 2 Keyboards and 2 Mouses hooked up to the same PC.

IP Logged

GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2013 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
William(Rainman) wrote on Apr 1st, 2013 at 6:28pm:
Unless you have a Big Screen TV or Projector Split Screen sucks and I don't think Unreal has a Controller/Gamepad Option so it would be Impossible using 1 Keyboard and 1 Mouse for Splitscreen plus the PC would freak out if there where 2 Keyboards and 2 Mouses hooked up to the same PC.

The post is speaking about joysticks, not keyboards and mice. As for the size, it's personal preference.

Though something like that should be possible on Linux, even when using several keyboards and mice on the same PC. You could spawn two X clients, one would ignore one pair of controllers and connect to the other pair. Though it might require two monitors as well, not sure if one client can share a single Monitor with another.

IP Logged

Dr.Flay™

ChaosUT-333networks

Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2013 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
I would suggest William, that you re-read the post.
This tells you how to do it.

U1 may not specifically refer to "gamepads" but a gamepad is just a multi-button joystick.
Look in the RAW bindings (as mentioned) and you will see the X/Y/Z axis settings you map to your joystick/controller.

Split-screen is always a compromise, no matter if the game was designed that way or not.
Your point is somewhat pointless, but using this gives you the luxury of choosing your own dimensions. ie. Wide or tall.
Also if you have dual video output, you can have a screen each anyway.

Also as Mochu points out at the beginning of the post, this is not a new idea.
People already do this, and have done for years.

@Mochu
Use a decent browser with spellchecker/dictionary. Opera lets you install as many languages as you want (you are not limited to only your own language).

IP Logged

William(Rainman)
God Member

Pancaking Skaarj Troopers
with the Cicada.

Reply #4 - Apr 1st, 2013 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
If you're using Joysticks then that is fine but I'm not a fan of splitscreen unless it's Coop if it's Deathmatch then No I don't want the Other Player constantly looking down at my part of the screen to see where I am.

IP Logged

Hyzoran

Oldunreal member

Reply #5 - Apr 4th, 2013 at 6:03am
Print Post  
You're ruining the multiplayer experience.

Nothing
AIM  
IP Logged

Mochu

Oldunreal member

Reply #6 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
I make this to allow people play in coop mode (rune and unreal , rtnp) or in 2on2  matches with 2 pc (mobile forces ,ut) u can play on multi display (if had one ut running on my 22" monitor and the other one on 40" tv so u dont see what other player ist doing , anyway its fun to play with ur teammate on this same PC , i personaly hate to play with random internet peoples .... i dont know them so why dont play with bots insteat Tongue

IP Logged

XRAY0128

Oldunreal member

Reply #7 - Apr 19th, 2013 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
This sounds pretty handy! I'll be sure to try it out sometime!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo