Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Unreal+UT server IpDrv modification (Read 13812 times)
.:..:
Oldunreal MasterPoster
Developer Team

Unreal+UT server IpDrv modification
Mar 17th, 2013 at 7:53am
Print Post  
This is a mod for Unreal 227i (windows only).

It enables support for hosting a 227i server where UT clients can join and are network compatible.

Download from here: http://www.klankaos.com/downloads/IpDrvUTUnreal.rar

To install the 'mod':
  • Unzip all of the files to System folder (all except PackageRemap.dll goes to UT System folder, optionally).
  • Edit following settings in Unreal.ini:
      - Add line: ServerActors=UTServerQry.UTRules
      - Add line: ServerActors=UTServerQry.UTServerUpl MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900 TargetGame=coopgame2
       Note that you can multiple of those lines with different TargetGame=XXX to make it show up in other matching gametypes in UT serverlist.
      - Add line: ServerPackages=UTCoopFix
      - Edit line: OldClientCompatMode=False (this is built in already with this mod, will later make it hardcoded to false)
      - Edit in [Engine.ChannelDownload]: UseCompression=False (this will screw up UT clients downloading)
  • Edit UTCrashRecover.ini:
      - FallbackURL=Vortex2.unr <- Change to a good startup map for server (for crash recovery).
  • Start the server and you're done.

Few important notes:
  • *.map files in UTMap folder are network remapping files to make UT clients network synchronized with Unreal.
  • *.dat files in UTMap folder are automatically generated by server in runtime that contains some precomputed remap data to speed up server loading time.
  • Non-existing UT functions/variables that are replicated will be ignored.
  • 'TeamMessage' functions replicated from Server > UT Client are hardcoded with bMessageBeep = true for UT.
  • 'Behindview' functions replicated from UT Client > Server are ignored to prevent warnings on log.
  • 'ServerMove' functions replicated from UT Client > Server corrects parm 'bPressedJump' to be a toggle boolean to match with UT clients, and skips new parms 'bForceFire' and 'bForceAltFire'.
  • Vectors that are replicated in any direction uses UT network compression method.
  • Mod enables 'AllowDownload' flag on all packages to allow UT clients download Unreal 1 maps.
  • Ver 400 UT clients do not have any download redirect support so they can't use fast download.
  • You must compress all files for download redirect using UT version of UCC.exe Compress, since UT clients don't support the new compression format in 227.

If you need to add more package remap files (i.e you notice more network desync with other packages), you can create more *.map files with PackageRemap.dll and UT install:
  • Make sure you unzipped PackageRemap.dll to UT System folder.
  • Run UCC.exe PackageRemap.Remap <package name>
  • Move newly created files from UTMap folder (in UT System folder) to your Unreal server's UTMap folder.

Note that there are some bugs still in network conversion code which makes server crash from time to time with UT clients. (this one was fixed)
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2013 at 8:33am by .:..: »  

Shivaxi wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 12:50pm:
...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD Tongue

(ಠ_ಠ)
IP Logged

GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Re: Unreal+UT server IpDrv modification
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2013 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Huh, and what does it look like on the UT side? Don't they have something that tries to replace every weapon they see with the UT counterparts? Do they keep the UT HUD?

IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2013 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Oh my... Does this mean that from now on, Unreal 227 and UT are fully compatible online ?

You must construct additional pylons.
IP Logged

Dr.Flay™

ChaosUT-333networks

Reply #3 - Mar 17th, 2013 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Holy crap MrLoathesome is going to love this !

I shall have a word with some of the CoOp admins, and send them here Cheesy

Cool Well done Dots, Great idea seeing as so much effort has been made so far to get both games to play each-others maps and weapons, it makes perfect sense and will be a great way to boost numbers on a server.

Though I'm sorry to say, no Nali Weapons for Unreal, unless someone other than Feralidragon is up for the challenge.

He designed an open and modular system, so addons and changes are easy to make (just like our beloved U engine).
People in the 2K4 community are upset they don't have NW3 to play with, and would probably be even more upset if Unreal got them  Grin
They don't use any of the SDK so would be easier to convert.
Indeed as the SDK was not finished, an Unreal 227i version could be even better.
NW3 was primarily built for CoOp monster hunting, and would be well used in Unreal.
(enough of that, it is better left for another thread).

I'm off to make a post at ut99.org

IP Logged

GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Reply #4 - Mar 17th, 2013 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Hellkeeper wrote on Mar 17th, 2013 at 5:35pm:
Oh my... Does this mean that from now on, Unreal 227 and UT are fully compatible online ?

Well, not until it gets merged into mainline 227, as now it only works for Windows servers.

IP Logged

Pcube
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 17th, 2013 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Pretty cool, dots. Maybe this will bring some new life to online play.

IP Logged

Dr.Flay™

ChaosUT-333networks

Reply #6 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 12:19am
Print Post  
Can you confirm there will be a Linux version?

And as soon as ANYONE has a test server up, can they please post details here.

IP Logged

BobIsUnreal
God Member

Guy who has too much time
invested to quit now

Reply #7 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 2:02am
Print Post  
problem :
i tried setting this up  i get server crashes every few files downloaded by ut cleint.

DevNet: Sending 'TobioTreesa.u'
DevNet: NotifyAcceptingChannel File 2 server Level vortex2.MyLevel: Accepted
DevNet: Sending 'wingedterror.u'
DevNet: NotifyAcceptingChannel File 1 server Level vortex2.MyLevel: Accepted
DevNet: Sending 'Chrysalid.u'
Critical: appError called:
Critical: Runaway loop at ReceivedPacketUTNakPacketId
Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Critical: ReceivedVirtualNak
Critical: UpdatePreNet
Critical: ULevel::Tick
Critical: (NetMode=2)
Critical: TickLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: MainLoop
Exit: Exiting.
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 03/16/13 21:53:35

repeating the same download after the server  restarts will succeed and then another file randomly fails , not the same file and not the next , many will be fine or file the next time

then after all that bs 6 server restarts , i get this  in ut  :

Log: LoadMap: 76.117.xx.xxx:5500/vortex2?Name=Player?Class=Botpack.TMale2?team=255?skin=Soldie
rSkins.blkt?Face=SoldierSkins.Othello
DevAudio: Galaxy SetViewport: WindowsViewport0
Warning: Failed to load 'Engine': Package 'Engine' version mismatch
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection3 03/16/13 22:05:39
Exit: WinSock shut down

so its  not as usfull as i expected , so dont get your hopes up....

[REM_img]http://i.imgur.com/V3OSsDu.gif.disable[/img]http://i.imgur.com/JOu38Gs.gif
IP Logged

[]KAOS[]Casey
Developer Team
Betatester

nedm

Reply #8 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 4:10am
Print Post  
BobIsUnreal wrote on Mar 18th, 2013 at 2:02am:

A mod that does something that was previously impossible has a bug? Aboslutely shocking. I guess your brain isn't as useful as expected.

Seriously, what the hell? When dots and I tested this a while ago it worked flawlessly in our test setup(s). So it turns out a few mods manage to make it crash and you IMMEDIATELY dismiss it? What the hell is that?

Total trash. When have you done something useful for unreal? You seem to have a high opinion of what's good or bad, like how somehow naliweapons 3 is not "amazing" even though it's existence in itself with all the sfx, meshes, sounds all being done by ONE PERSON is not so great apparently. I was planning to port it to U1 soon, but maybe I shouldn't if ungrateful morons like you are around.

Go crappity smack yourself.

IP Logged

Pcube
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 4:18am
Print Post  
[]KAOS[]Casey wrote on Mar 18th, 2013 at 4:10am:
BobIsUnreal wrote on Mar 18th, 2013 at 2:02am:

A mod that does something that was previously impossible has a bug? Aboslutely shocking. I guess your brain isn't as useful as expected.

Seriously, what the hell? When dots and I tested this a while ago it worked flawlessly in our test setup(s). So it turns out a few mods manage to make it crash and you IMMEDIATELY dismiss it? What the hell is that?

Total trash. When have you done something useful for unreal? You seem to have a high opinion of what's good or bad, like how somehow naliweapons 3 is not "amazing" even though it's existence in itself with all the sfx, meshes, sounds all being done by ONE PERSON is not so great apparently. I was planning to port it to U1 soon, but maybe I shouldn't if ungrateful morons like you are around.

Go crappity smack yourself.

IP Logged

Rob-Bot

Reply #10 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 4:42am
Print Post  
Hell yeah! this is awesome. I'm going to try to get the people I play UT with to try this out.

IP Logged

GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Reply #11 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 7:07am
Print Post  
Dr.Flay™ wrote on Mar 18th, 2013 at 12:19am:
Can you confirm there will be a Linux version?

From what I can see, this is a change of the network code logic, which is already there on Linux, so it should be just a matter of recompiling IpDrv.so with the changes applied. But that will have to be integrated into the 227 patch for larger adoption, anyway.

IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Reply #12 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 8:37am
Print Post  
GreatEmerald wrote on Mar 17th, 2013 at 8:21pm:
Well, not until it gets merged into mainline 227, as now it only works for Windows servers.

All this is details. This mod is pretty much divine.

You must construct additional pylons.
IP Logged

BobIsUnreal
God Member

Guy who has too much time
invested to quit now

Reply #13 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
i reported a issue i had  and pointed out it may not work 100%  out of the  box for everyone.
I didnt dismiss it , i reported a problem so it could get resolved so that more people could use it including myself. issues are to be expected.

yes it will list your server in UT that  very interesting  to get some players,
but you probably wont be able to join said server in all cases. It would makes listing it in UT perhaps even worse atm, as players will try to join realize they cant and say screw this server its one of those bogus 227i ut servers.

[REM_img]http://i.imgur.com/V3OSsDu.gif.disable[/img]http://i.imgur.com/JOu38Gs.gif
IP Logged

[]KAOS[]Casey
Developer Team
Betatester

nedm

Reply #14 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Yeah right, that was your typical passive aggressive bullshit that's seen everywhere you don't like something.

Do you really think they'll even realize it's a "bogus UT 227i server"? Really? You're thinking way too much into it. I doubt they'd even blink. wtf is your problem? this mod JUST got released and you're still trash talking it after backpedaling what you said. You're a moron.

HINT: IT CAN BE UPDATED TO FIX THE PROBLEM.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo