Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) The least important bug ever (Read 3901 times)
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

The least important bug ever
Feb 15th, 2013 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
This might very well be the least important bug ever reported by Man, since it affects a barely-used function in a specific case and causes no problem whatsoever.

The window which opens by entering the Camera Open command in UnrealEd has the name specified in the WinDrv localization files; by default "Viewport" for English. If you put it into real-time preview mode (by pressing p) and then take the focus out of it (by clicking on your desktop, on another viewport, or alt-tabbing away), its name changes to "Unreal".
If you don't turn real-time preview on or deactivate it before taking the focus out of the viewport, it keeps its correct title.

You must construct additional pylons.
IP Logged

GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Re: The least important bug ever
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2013 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Are you sure it's not a feature? Cheesy

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Reply #2 - Feb 15th, 2013 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
+1 for that  Cheesy

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Reply #3 - Feb 15th, 2013 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Horrible feature, would not want again, F-, I am now on my way to tell the world about how this problem, which is the entire, sole and complete responsibility of OldUnreal, ruined my life and made the world a worse place to live in !  Smiley

IP Logged

Turboman.
God Member
Developer Team

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Feb 15th, 2013 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
What is the 227 team doing anyway? leaving such an important bug like this is downright outrageous, i immediately DEMAND a 227J for this!

but seriously, it's gonna be fixed right?

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Skywolf
Betatester

Just placeholding...

Reply #5 - Feb 15th, 2013 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Even more fun is opening the viewport then fullscreen it and then alt-tab. you won't be able to see your mouse when UnrealEd is active and you can't quit the editor (except with task manager ofcourse).

Seriously, just used this command for like 2 minutes and i found a bug. Was this function developed by Bethesda or something?

I hate it when people ask me what my favorite game is. Just try to explain you're not talking about Unreal Tournament Roll Eyes.

IP Logged

Blu3Haz3

Oldunreal member

Reply #6 - Feb 16th, 2013 at 7:24am
Print Post  
There is another important bug that I have to mention, well small bugs can be poisonous too.   But really, this was just lazy programming from Epic Games lol

Try falling from a object with admin authority and typing walk over and over Smiley

IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Reply #7 - Feb 16th, 2013 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Skywolf wrote on Feb 15th, 2013 at 8:13pm:
Seriously, just used this command for like 2 minutes and i found a bug. Was this function developed by Bethesda or something?

It might be linked to the fact almost nobody knows this command and an even smaller fraction of those use it at all. And then, of the handful of people who do, you need one to spot the problem, which is so minor and unimportant.

IP Logged

Turboman.
God Member
Developer Team

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #8 - Feb 16th, 2013 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
Another unimportant bug, yet an interesting one is: try setting the unreal.ini "paths=" to a network/shared drive, if you aren't connected to that network, thus the drive isn't available, the game becomes immensely slow (even taking up to HALF AN HOUR to load a map like unreal.unr)

Since i have a small SSD in my laptop i figured streaming the data from my main pc at home wasn't a bad idea, except this stuff can happen  Cheesy

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

BobIsUnreal
God Member

gonna be dead soon, gg

Reply #9 - Feb 16th, 2013 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
on that note , IIRC unreal doesn't support direct network shares in paths such as paths=\\someotherpc\c\unreal  or http paths to a file server such as paths=http:\\cdn.unrealserver.ec-194.org\maps  so your forced to mount the network share as a mapped network drive , i dont know a workaround for the http issue tho

[REM_img]http://i.imgur.com/V3OSsDu.gif.disable[/img]http://i.imgur.com/JOu38Gs.gif
IP Logged

Hyper
Board Moderator
Betatester

It's Unreal.

Reply #10 - Feb 17th, 2013 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
THE most important bug fix was this one, at least for coop players that is.  Tongue

IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Reply #11 - Feb 17th, 2013 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Oh, ahah, not bad !

IP Logged

Skywolf
Betatester

Just placeholding...

Reply #12 - Feb 17th, 2013 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Another very important bug: on DynamicCoronas is the LightType set to LT_Steady causing the editor to rebuild them when rebuilding lightning. Settings like LightBrightness and LightRadius are set to 0 which indicates DynamicCoronas are not supposed to do this.

I hate it when people ask me what my favorite game is. Just try to explain you're not talking about Unreal Tournament Roll Eyes.

IP Logged

BobIsUnreal
God Member

gonna be dead soon, gg

Reply #13 - Feb 19th, 2013 at 10:37am
Print Post  
heres another one ,in game ,  in umenu when show message in colors is checked and the window dosnt have full focus , like say if you in game hit ~ bring u the console then minimize or switch application , any new messages are not in colors intill you click on the console window again.

[REM_img]http://i.imgur.com/V3OSsDu.gif.disable[/img]http://i.imgur.com/JOu38Gs.gif
IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Reply #14 - Feb 19th, 2013 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Another note related to the Camera Open command : There is no keyboard shortcut to activate real-time fake backdrop (that I am aware of at least). This means you can only activate normal backdrop with K. This is a problem in the Window Viewport because there is no grey bar at the top of the viewport, so you are limited to the keyboard shortcuts : you can type K to activate non-realtime fake backdrop, but if you press P to activate realtime preview, you cannot activate the realtime fake backdrop.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo