logo
Main

Forums

Downloads

Unreal-Netiquette

Donate for Oldunreal:
Donate

borderline

Links to our wiki:
Wiki

Walkthrough

Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic UnrealLinux 227i crashing after upgrade from 227h (Read 2619 times)
usaar33
New Member
*
Offline


Oldunreal member

Posts: 5
Joined: Jan 4th, 2011
Gender: Male
UnrealLinux 227i crashing after upgrade from 227h
Jan 4th, 2013 at 5:37am
Print Post  
I just updated to 227i, and now I can't run UnrealLinux.bin (or even ucclinux.bin). 

Crashes very early:
Starting program: /opt/unreal/System/UnrealLinux.bin
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x0804dfc7 in FArray::Num() const ()


I performed the patch by running the installer in crossover, patching my 227h directory. (I install via wine and just play out of the directory directly in linux).

Running on ubuntu 12.10 64-bit
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Smirftsch
Forum Administrator
*****
Offline



Posts: 7935
Location: at home
Joined: Apr 30th, 1998
Gender: Male
Re: UnrealLinux 227i crashing after upgrade from 227h
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2013 at 7:08am
Print Post  
hello old friend Wink

Any luck getting some info when starting with -log parameter?
Also sound is often causing trouble, so a try with -nosound could reveal if that's the cause.

In the help directory there is a package called lin_convenience_libs.tar.bz2
which contains the dependency files, for fmod, openal and such.


Missing 32bit libs...but then 227h wouldn't run as well.
The ini settings...did you take over the old ini or did you use a fresh one? But I'm very sure you know what you are doing there Smiley

Other than that...hard to say yet...need more input.
This output doesn't ring any bell yet for me.

What are the system specs?
  

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Back to top
WWWICQ  
IP Logged
 
usaar33
New Member
*
Offline


Oldunreal member

Posts: 5
Joined: Jan 4th, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: UnrealLinux 227i crashing after upgrade from 227h
Reply #2 - Jan 4th, 2013 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
I see nothing with -log; instead segfault.
-nosound doesn't help.

All the .so are updated from the convenience libs.

I think most telling is that ucclinux.bin fails; something in the lowest-levels of the engine is not working right.

I'll email you the core dump.

It fails on two computers; both Intel CPUs and with NVIDIA cards.

  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Smirftsch
Forum Administrator
*****
Offline



Posts: 7935
Location: at home
Joined: Apr 30th, 1998
Gender: Male
Re: UnrealLinux 227i crashing after upgrade from 227h
Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2013 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
thanks, will investigate.

Kinda weird that it fails on 2 computers for you, it runs for me and a few other Linux testers pretty flawlessly. Question is then- what is different for yours- except the distro maybe. Guess this will be a tough one.
  

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Back to top
WWWICQ  
IP Logged
 
usaar33
New Member
*
Offline


Oldunreal member

Posts: 5
Joined: Jan 4th, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: UnrealLinux 227i crashing after upgrade from 227h
Reply #4 - Jan 4th, 2013 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Smirftsch wrote on Jan 4th, 2013 at 7:17pm:
thanks, will investigate.

Kinda weird that it fails on 2 computers for you.


I did just copy the entire patched with 227i UnrealGold from one computer to another. So I accept I may have done something funky with the installing..


  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Smirftsch
Forum Administrator
*****
Offline



Posts: 7935
Location: at home
Joined: Apr 30th, 1998
Gender: Male
Re: UnrealLinux 227i crashing after upgrade from 227h
Reply #5 - Jan 4th, 2013 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Would speak for my idea. Just responded to your mail. I think it could be some issue with the installer.

For anyone with the same problem: When using the installer without having a language selected (there is an empty field on top) it messes up the Language= setting in the UnrealLinux.ini , replacing it with something like Language=so. This is causing some trouble in Windows with the advanced preferences, but for Linux it is obviously fatal.

The fix is to change it to Language=int in section [Engine.Engine]
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2013 at 8:51pm by Smirftsch »  

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Back to top
WWWICQ  
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo