Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Textures too much color (Read 11898 times)
[]KAOS[]Casey
Developer Team
Betatester

nedm

Re: Textures too much color
Reply #15 - Jan 6th, 2013 at 11:04am
Print Post  
I'm fairly sure I could modify the texture merger I made for diehard to change UTexture properties without a mismatch. Conforming should handle any problems.

But the question on whether or not it's the right fix is obviously the issue. In this instance, it's fair to say you're screwed.

IP Logged

DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

DHrdsDGW

Reply #16 - Jan 6th, 2013 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
maybe we should really check for some solution for you with DXT5, but this again would only work for 227 and not for UT, so it's not really satisfying for your project either...

Yes, but that is only a so, so solution, because i still have to remove most of the stars in the texture, and as you say its not a solution for the UT players.

Quote:
Conforming should handle any problems

Conforming makes the palettes disapear, for UT to prevent the skating player glitch i have to conform all the files. It turned out while conforming the textures it purged Palette2 on ShaneChurch.utx which caused a mising texture while entering the server, i removed the S3TC texture(SMoon2) involved. I though it was a one time glitch but found out that the PlayerShp.utx package contain several textures:

Conduit3
Girdrw8
Girdrwk2
Girdrwk3
Girdrwk7
Hullpn97
HULLRIB2
Locker1
PANELS10
Panels11
pburn3
pburn5
Slotted1
Slotted3
Socket
vbase1
vGirder1
Wallwka

that misses Palette5.

I left the textures in for the time being but its a large amount of textures:

And they basically are all textures that were made, while using entire or parts of this base texture:

And it is actully really worrying if not more packages are affected............ And thats put very, very mildly......

IP Logged

[]KAOS[]Casey
Developer Team
Betatester

nedm

Reply #17 - Jan 9th, 2013 at 12:42am
Print Post  
Was this ran with the new merger I made? Uh oh...

I just let the engine handle the madness. Maybe I should reverse engineer that and write a new conform method

IP Logged

DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

DHrdsDGW

Reply #18 - Jan 9th, 2013 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Was this ran with the new merger I made? Uh oh...

The new mergertool was supposed to fix the procedural that are sitting in the first place of the package. But the new mergertool was abandened(at least for the bigger part) because the masked textures that are not updated(to S3TC) disapear completelly or are at best half there.

You still had/have to fix that....... Smiley

Also there was a report that certain waterfalls disapear, but on the spot i dont know anymore if this was a mergertool problem.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo