Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Skaarj Wars 1 - Mothership (1.1.2) (Read 15 times)
Victor Delacroix
Betatester

Lord of the Dark Glyphs

Re: Skaarj Wars 1 - Mothership (1.0.2)
Reply #15 - Feb 23rd, 2013 at 1:10am
Print Post  
Featured on http://www.unrealsp.org in the latest news post. Thanks for the awesome addition to the map roster, MERCILESS, best of luck with the future versions.

IP Logged

MERCILESS

Oldunreal member

Re: Skaarj Wars 1 - Mothership (1.0.2)
Reply #16 - Mar 4th, 2013 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Victor Delacroix wrote on Feb 23rd, 2013 at 1:10am:
Featured on http://www.unrealsp.org in the latest news post. Thanks for the awesome addition to the map roster, MERCILESS, best of luck with the future versions.

No problem, and thanks.  Grin

1.1.0 is finally here! The Bronze Update features several revamps and a few level expansions and of course, bug fixes. It has been delayed due to a few things but it's here.  Smiley

UPDATE: Found a pretty critical bug with this update. I have made a fix for it and it should be uploaded shortly. (1.1.0b update)

IP Logged

seeker3

Oldunreal member

Re: Skaarj Wars 1 - Mothership (1.1.0)
Reply #17 - Mar 5th, 2013 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
I can't load map 16 because of that EAXZone thing,but all the other maps ran great.Is there a fix in the works for this problem?

IP Logged

MERCILESS

Oldunreal member

Re: Skaarj Wars 1 - Mothership (1.1.0)
Reply #18 - Mar 5th, 2013 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
seeker3 wrote on Mar 5th, 2013 at 8:16pm:
I can't load map 16 because of that EAXZone thing,but all the other maps ran great.Is there a fix in the works for this problem?

There's already a fix. Copy the ALAudio files from the System folder in the 7z file over to Unreal's System folder. Granted, it's a risky fix but I tried everything else and so this was kind of a last resort. I even tried taking all the EAXZones out of SkM16.unr but that's a stubborn map and it wouldn't have it.

Like I said, it's a risky fix but I've not had any problems with it so far. If any problems do come up I will try again to fix it without having the replace the ALAudio file but in the mean time that's the only way to get around it.

I am adding some more screenshots featuring things that have been freshly added with the Bronze Update.

IP Logged

seeker3

Oldunreal member

Re: Skaarj Wars 1 - Mothership (1.1.0b)
Reply #19 - Mar 16th, 2013 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Well I've tried everything,the above,a fresh install with and without the 227g patch,copying files and nothing works.SKM16 will not start.Oh well,maybe I'll try playing with it again sometime,but for now no joy.Thanks anyway.

IP Logged

Victor Delacroix
Betatester

Lord of the Dark Glyphs

Reply #20 - Mar 16th, 2013 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
There's a solution, MERCILESS. Export the map to .t3d, close the editor. Reopen the editor, load all packages the map uses and import t3d. Do a complete rebuild. Dependancies should be gone.

IP Logged

radios

Oldunreal member

Reply #21 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
I'm also getting that eaxzone problem. I can't load map 16!.

IP Logged

Captain Clark
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
Right, what I did was make a new class under ZoneInfo call EAXZone, saved it into EAXZone.u and it works fine.

Here's the link to download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4nm3cq5hdhqz6j/EAXZone.u

IP Logged

MERCILESS

Oldunreal member

Reply #23 - Mar 23rd, 2013 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Thanks guys. I'm gonna be adding and testing some things (including the EAXZone fix Captain Clark posted) and then upload 1.1.1 then it's off to work on 1.2.0 1.1.2.  Smiley

UPDATE: 1.1.1 was kind of rushed to get the fix uploaded as soon as I could so I didn't get anywhere near as much stuff as I wanted to get in so expect to see a 1.1.2 update coming up in the next few days.
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2013 at 1:20am by MERCILESS »  

IP Logged

radios

Oldunreal member

Reply #24 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Right, what I did was make a new class under ZoneInfo call EAXZone, saved it into EAXZone.u and it works fine.

Here's the link to download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4nm3cq5hdhqz6j/EAXZone.u
That's odd, I put that file into the system folder, and I STILL get the same error!. is there something else that needs to be done? and I have the 227I installed. do I need to re-download the pack? were the maps changed?
I just tried the new download in the first post. still no change, also, if I remove the ALaudio files, then unreal complains it can't find them!. I have UnrealGold btw, if that makes a difference. I found the fix. I opened the map16 in the editor, and selected "cleanup level" it worked!
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2013 at 9:45pm by radios »  

IP Logged

MERCILESS

Oldunreal member

Reply #25 - Apr 9th, 2013 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
radios wrote on Mar 25th, 2013 at 4:41pm:
Quote:

That's odd, I put that file into the system folder, and I STILL get the same error!. is there something else that needs to be done? and I have the 227I installed. do I need to re-download the pack? were the maps changed?
I just tried the new download in the first post. still no change, also, if I remove the ALaudio files, then unreal complains it can't find them!. I have UnrealGold btw, if that makes a difference. I found the fix. I opened the map16 in the editor, and selected "cleanup level" it worked!

Thanks for that. Took a few mins to find the Cleanup Level tool but I found it eventually.  Grin

1.1.2 is being uploaded as I type this out with this fix included.  Smiley

IP Logged

radios

Oldunreal member

Reply #26 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
MERCILESS wrote on Apr 9th, 2013 at 9:06pm:
radios wrote on Mar 25th, 2013 at 4:41pm:
Quote:

Thanks for that. Took a few mins to find the Cleanup Level tool but I found it eventually.  Grin

1.1.2 is being uploaded as I type this out with this fix included.  Smiley
You are Welcome!. BTW, that's a very useful tool!!.

IP Logged

Pedi

IPedii

Re: Skaarj Wars 1 - Mothership (1.1.2)
Reply #27 - Apr 13th, 2013 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
I also played your maps. Good work so far.

You should fix the teleporter in SKM12. You have set a direction for the teleporter actor, but it seem that it doesnt work. Maybe you can move the teleporters some meters from the walls away.

I also have noticed that you have placed many lights without a lamp (brush/staticmesh), that generates the light.

IP Logged

MERCILESS

Oldunreal member

Re: Skaarj Wars 1 - Mothership (1.1.2)
Reply #28 - Apr 13th, 2013 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
Pedi wrote on Apr 13th, 2013 at 1:27pm:
I also played your maps. Good work so far.

You should fix the teleporter in SKM12. You have set a direction for the teleporter actor, but it seem that it doesnt work. Maybe you can move the teleporters some meters from the walls away.

I also have noticed that you have placed many lights without a lamp (brush/staticmesh), that generates the light.

Thanks for telling me about the teleport bug. It will be fixed in the 1.2.0 update as the 1.2.0 will mostly focus on levels 12 and 14 like the 1.1.0 update focused mostly on levels 10 and 15.

As for the mysterious lights I will be doing something about them as well. This mod was rushed since I lost interest in it for a few months then came back to it and I wanted to get it released by 12/12/12 (to celebrate the last ever repeating most, if not all of us ever will witness in our lifetimes) I didn't really plan on fixing this until a really late update (as in, the ultimate or penultimate update) since I didn't think it was that noticeable. But I did do this extensively (partly laziness, partly rushing Tongue) on a lot of levels so chances are I left a few glaring things that didn't quite add up, the mystery lighting being an example.

That will also be fixed in the coming 1.2.0 update.

UPDATE: I have just looked at the directions of the teleporters in the editor and they both seem to be facing in the correct direction. Here are some screenshots.

Portal near the pool:

Portal near the palace:

However, I will be playtesting this level right to the bone in order to find this problem. I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to situations like this but I will have a play with a few of the settings on these teleporters in order to see what works and what doesn't.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo