Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Block specific actor (Read 1674 times)
SFJake

Oldunreal member

Block specific actor
Nov 22nd, 2012 at 7:23am
Print Post  
I want to block a specific actor from crossing a certain point. You know, like bBlockActors does -> but only for one particular type of actor, letting everything else go through (monsters and players alike)

How would one do that?

IP Logged

Captain Clark
Ex Member

Re: Block specific actor
Reply #1 - Nov 22nd, 2012 at 7:56am
Print Post  
I would try the BlockingActor, just below the Actor class. Within that you can select specific classes to block.
For example:
If I wanted to block a Queen I would go into the blockingactor tab and open a tab below that called blockingclasses. I open up that and click add. Then I would go to the actor class browser and select queen and put it in.

The great thing is that there is an option called bBlockSubClasses, so you select skaarj, and it would block every kind of skaarj. You can also add subclassestoignore, so you could have skaarj selected and be able to let skaarj troopers through for example.

Hope this helps Smiley

IP Logged

Dozey
God Member

I love cleaning The Sunspire
with my mop.

Reply #2 - Nov 22nd, 2012 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Trigger - height and radius must be edited, set blocking properties then use the proximity class which you want to block.

IP Logged

SFJake

Oldunreal member

Reply #3 - Nov 22nd, 2012 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I would try the BlockingActor, just below the Actor class. Within that you can select specific classes to block.
For example:
If I wanted to block a Queen I would go into the blockingactor tab and open a tab below that called blockingclasses. I open up that and click add. Then I would go to the actor class browser and select queen and put it in.

The great thing is that there is an option called bBlockSubClasses, so you select skaarj, and it would block every kind of skaarj. You can also add subclassestoignore, so you could have skaarj selected and be able to let skaarj troopers through for example.

Hope this helps Smiley

Oh wow, thats a bloody awesome actor I never noticed.

Thanks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo