Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Infiltration + Jailbreak (Read 3654 times)
talas

Oldunreal member

Infiltration + Jailbreak
Oct 23rd, 2012 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Is it possible to run custom gamemodes in Infiltration?

I would love to try running jailbreak and infiltration at the same time.

Currently I can only select the default INF gamemodes to play with. In normal UT i have lots of custom ones that could be a nice match to Inf.

Thanks for any heads up!

IP Logged

medor

Oldunreal member

Re: Infiltration + Jailbreak
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2012 at 6:25am
Print Post  
You want to play JB with weapons infiltration ?

IP Logged

KeeperUTX
God Member

Magician of Fire

Reply #2 - Oct 24th, 2012 at 8:15am
Print Post  
Just use WoRMReplacer to input the weapons. Or make a special mutator, dunno.

Azhir uval nutarus. Azhir mudas ethanul. Dalektharu il dask daku. Riftuuz e thara samanar utamus. Elas umanes azarathan rakas ibna.

IP Logged

talas

Oldunreal member

Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2012 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
medor wrote on Oct 24th, 2012 at 6:25am:
You want to play JB with weapons infiltration ?

Actually, its opposite. I want to play infiltration with the JB gametype.

KeeperUTX wrote on Oct 24th, 2012 at 8:15am:
Just use WoRMReplacer to input the weapons. Or make a special mutator, dunno.

I tried using WoRM 1.9 to add weapons, but it seems to only work for older infiltration or something as i couldnt add any infiltration weapons (i could add weapons from other mods fine though).

About making a mutator, sounds good. But how?

INF has a file named INF_GameTypes.u that i guess contain some interesting stuff. But i could not extract it..:

Code
Select All
$ UCC.exe batchexport INF_GameTypes.u class uc C:\infu
Loading package INF_GameTypes.u...
Failed loading package: Can't find FloatProperty in file 'FloatProperty InfAdds.INFUT_ADD_Turret.FireDistFar'

History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- UObject::LoadPackage <- UBatchExportCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error 

Theres a file named InfAdds.u which it seems to depend upon. I tried to rename InfAdds.u to _InfAdds.u, but it will then complain that InfAdds.u is missing..

I also tried to extract InfAdds.u, and looked in the INFUT_ADD_Turret.uc file.. didn't see anything about FireDistFar there.

I don't really know how to use ucc though.. Is there something I need to do first?

- Thanks!

IP Logged

BobIsUnreal
God Member

Guy who has too much time
invested to quit now

Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2012 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
if your really having a horrible time with dependency hell, you could try to use UTPT to look at the packages , or wotexporter to rip the content , i would do  it and dump it here , but i dont have inf installed

[REM_img]http://i.imgur.com/V3OSsDu.gif.disable[/img]http://i.imgur.com/JOu38Gs.gif
IP Logged

talas

Oldunreal member

Reply #5 - Nov 3rd, 2012 at 12:09am
Print Post  
BobIsUnreal wrote on Oct 27th, 2012 at 5:45pm:
if your really having a horrible time with dependency hell, you could try to use UTPT to look at the packages , or wotexporter to rip the content , i would do  it and dump it here , but i dont have inf installed

That wotexporter is quite nice, thanks.. But for some reason it crashes when trying to export the jailbreak compass.. I did manage to pull out the uc files i needed (so far atleast).

I've recompiled JailBreak and JBArena to be playable in INF 2.9 CE now.. There were a couple of bugs at first, but I've sorted most of them.

In the Gui I made the inf compass be used, but still using jail/arena info and scores from jb, so I pretty much mixed both GUI's to work together.

There are still some problems though. The main being that the 'Waiting for ready signal' dialog causes me to die as it cycles spawnpoints. This looks stupid, but also makes it difficult to start the game, as I have to 'press fire' the millisecond my character is alive before dieing and cycling to the next spawnpoint. (if I let it cycle for too long, the game will crash).

Not sure whats the reason for this yet, but when I get it sorted I'll post it up so anyone can play with it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo