Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Error Msg. (Read 3239 times)
hlk_Bah

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Error Msg.
Jan 9th, 2011 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
I converted a UT99 DM map.  I exported some .pcx files from Botpack.u, imported them into the level, and saved the texture package as Botpack.utx  I finished converting the map, saved, and used UConverter, like I normally do, and the map won't load.  I get the following error msg.:
Failed to load 'Botpack'. Can't find Struct in file 'Struct Engine.HUD.HUDLocalizedMessage'
I obviously did something wrong, but I'm not sure what.  Is there a way to fix this?  Thanks!
P.S.  I've converted many maps, and this is the first time I've had this error.  However, this is the first time I've used anything to do with Botpack.

I was so poor growning up, it's a good thing I was a boy, otherwise I'd have nothing to play with!
IP Logged

GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Re: Error Msg.
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2011 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
hlk_Bah wrote on Jan 9th, 2011 at 9:29pm:
However, this is the first time I've used anything to do with Botpack.

That's your problem right there. Botpack is a code package, Botpack.u. You can't just go around saving it as a UTX. Remove anything that is associated with Botpack and try again.

IP Logged

hlk_Bah

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Jan 9th, 2011 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
I wasn't saving Botpack.u as a .utx  What I did was export some of the Botpack textures that were used in the map, and saved THOSE textures as .utx But I see your point, I figured that that was what it had to be.  I just wanted more opinions.   Smiley

I was so poor growning up, it's a good thing I was a boy, otherwise I'd have nothing to play with!
IP Logged

GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Reply #3 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 5:50am
Print Post  
hlk_Bah wrote on Jan 9th, 2011 at 10:41pm:
I wasn't saving Botpack.u as a .utx  What I did was export some of the Botpack textures that were used in the map, and saved THOSE textures as .utx

Yes, I meant exactly that. After you unlink things from Botpack, you could save the texture you need with another name, like BotpackTextures.utx and then relink them. But two packages must never have the same name.

IP Logged

[]KAOS[]Casey
Ex Member

nedm

Reply #4 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
All unreal packages, regardless of their extension, have the same file headers, so to unreal, Botpack.utx and Botpack.u are identical.

IP Logged

GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Reply #5 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Except for the content. Hence the Failed to load message. Also hell breaks loose if you have both Botpack.utx AND Botpack.u.

IP Logged

hlk_Bah

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Jan 12th, 2011 at 1:32am
Print Post  
Thanks for the info guys.  I'd do what you suggested, but now the map won't even load in the editor.   Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo