Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) New S3TC releases for Unreal Tournament (Read 34323 times)
ahaigh01

Oldunreal member

Re: New S3TC releases for Unreal Tournament
Reply #15 - Sep 27th, 2011 at 1:17am
Print Post  
Awesome Diehard! I will check it out in UT too

IP Logged

Lightning_Hunter

Reply #16 - Sep 27th, 2011 at 9:25am
Print Post  
For some reason, the small waterfall outside the village in Glathriel Village part 1 (glathriel1.unr) of RTNP does not show up using these high-res textures.  I'm not referring to the first waterfall in the cave, but the second waterfall outside the village.  Any idea why this is?  I've only tested it in UnrealTournament.

For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
IP Logged

DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

DHrdsDGW

Reply #17 - Sep 27th, 2011 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Yes its a known bug and this is the official report on that:

Date of first report: November 17th 2009
Reported by: g_p (Unreal Texture Forums)
Link to forum: http://www.unrealtexture.com/General/Website/Forums/Forums01/viewtopic.php?f=4&t...
Affected renderers: OpenGL, D3D8, D3D9
Involved utx package(s): HubEffects.utx
Used Mergertool: Version 3
Affected maps:  - DmGlathriel (RTNP)
Does the bug apear in S3TC UT: No, this bug is limited to Unreal (edit, seems it also apears in UT, reported by Ligtning_Hunter)

Known causes: Waterfalls are mostly added where the settings for the texture is set to masked and translucent. If however the texture is set to masked alone, than the waterfall will disapear.

Possible fixes:
- Using Mertool version 2 solves the problem, this however will render the S3TC HubEffects.utx package unusable due to the procedural texture sitting in the first place of the package.
- Updated Mergertool Version 3 to Mergertool version 4.
- Update of the used renderers.

User end fixes:
- Either live with it, its after all a super rare bug.
- Or use the normal HubEffects.utx package instead the S3TC version.

I did not test it in UT, so if you say now its there as well, than it happens in both games. As the report already tells, its for the moment an unavoidable issue, untill the mergertool is being rewritten Sad

Its either that, or use the normal package, but than you will loose the high resolution nacelles(engines) used on the Vortex Rikers ship.

IP Logged

Lightning_Hunter

Reply #18 - Sep 27th, 2011 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
Well, for now I can change the waterfall to translucent.  I hope it's eventually fixed!

For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
IP Logged

Skaarj Master

Oldunreal member

Reply #19 - Feb 24th, 2012 at 2:55am
Print Post  
Damn you DieHard, now I have to download all this stuff!Wink

IP Logged

FlashbaQ86

Oldunreal member

Reply #20 - Feb 2nd, 2014 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
Thx for this DieHard. I'll be trying it out and will give feedback.

Just so I'm clear on the steps for installing the best graphics...

I should download all files here:
http://www.uttexture.com/UT/Website/Downloads/Textures/ExtremeEnd/StockUT/UTExtr...

as well as 2ndCDTextures.zip as directed from http://www.uttexture.com/UT/Website/Articles/PlayingUT/Tweaking/S3TCInstallation...

I did not install the 2nd CD as directed. I understand this will work on most servers without the sliding character bug and crashes. I backed up my old stock texture folder incase some servers do give me problems. Will keep you posted

Best of health,
Shaad
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2014 at 6:42am by FlashbaQ86 »  

IP Logged

Deu sex

Oldunreal member

Reply #21 - Apr 5th, 2014 at 3:30am
Print Post  
Hi, just wanted to know, is there going to be updates on all texture packages ?

Extreme end are well and very good looking but they are still lots of textures which stays original and could benefit from a little upgrade ^^

IP Logged

DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

DHrdsDGW

Reply #22 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Again sorry for the late reply, but you all now the story.

To Shaad:

There is a difference between the server and you as a player. If you do run a server for UT you have to follow the instructions of this page:

http://www.uttexture.com/UT/Website/Articles/Servers/Tweaking/S3TCServerPackages...

The purpose is to prevent the skating/frozen player glitch which happens if you install the S3TC textures from the 2nd CD or the Net textures (reduced 'server only' textures) on your server(s) . Only install the normal textures that came with the first CD. Or download the files from that page and you will safe.

The S3TC textures are NOT required for the severs because S3TC happens on the client side and NOT on the server side and is therefore pointless to install and will only lead to problems for S3TC players. So basically forget about S3TC for servers.

And since S3TC works purely on the client side(you as a player who wants to join a server, or play alone at home as single player) you have to install the S3TC textures.

It all depends how powerful your computer is and how large you video card is. Needs to be said, any computer can run the Extreme textures on a relative new computer, and if not switch to High End.

If you can play with Extreme End, you indeed have to download ALL files from this page:

http://www.uttexture.com/UT/Website/Downloads/Textures/ExtremeEnd/StockUT/UTExtr...

Including the missing High End textures. The missing High End textures fill in the gap from the not yet made Extreme End textures. So part will be Extreme End and part will be High End(until they are also updated)

To Deu sex:

Yes, at the end all textures will be updated, except the procedural textures(unless a fix is being made, but unlikely it ever happens)

At the moment the project is at a stand still for various reasons, but i will continue as soon as possible. At the moment i am working on a project that prevents me from working on the S3TC textures, but as soon as it is possible i will continue. I love to work on the textures and miss it allot. I will always keep working on the S3TC textures till the work is done, period. So no worries there Smiley

IP Logged

Victor Delacroix
Betatester

Lord of the Dark Glyphs

Reply #23 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
The procedurals could be replaced by sets of animation maybe? Like, a texture that's named exactly as the procedural, but being static, and a first frame in a sequence.

IP Logged

DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

DHrdsDGW

Reply #24 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Yeah, that could work theoretically.....

But as it is the mergertool switches the low resolution textures for the high res DDS version and if you have an animation, you could add the first texture but not the following textures.

So you are left with an animation that has one frame :| Beside that, the procedural textures have never the same animation and work on random, so the result has a more static look, which would be a shame to look at.

But on itself its a sound idea Smiley, but undoable....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo