Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Introducing Extreme End S3TC (Read 37449 times)
NaliSlayer

Oldunreal member

Re: Introducing Extreme End S3TC
Reply #15 - Dec 31st, 2009 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
DieHard just 1 suggestion for you,keep it at skillz site,i download with 1,3mb per sec there ^^,and Skillz site looks like a big database.
and btw: first working link for me,tnxs Smiley Roll Eyes

IP Logged

NaliSlayer

Oldunreal member

Reply #16 - Dec 31st, 2009 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
alright u asked us how our systems handles it,so here is my review
Windows 7 Ultimate,64 bits
AMD Athlon 4800+ 2x processor (2,5 GHz,dual core)
2 gb RAM
ATI HD3650 256 mb DDR3
320 gb Harddisk
MSI K9A2 CF MainBoard GDDR2
Full runthough on Terraniux,max detail settings
Anti-Aliasing 8x
Antistopic 16x
Min FPS 60,Max Fps 60
VSYNC

IP Logged

DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

DHrdsDGW

Reply #17 - Dec 31st, 2009 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:
DieHard just 1 suggestion for you,keep it at skillz site,i download with 1,3mb per sec there ^^,and Skillz site looks like a big database.

And he is ok with that, but as always the on likes this, and the other likes that. So preferably everybody has an option to choose from. And one of the mayor problems i had was that the Unreal Texture site simply wasnt setup correctly to have decent links to the various download options. And in the last 2 days i have redone all texture downloadpages, and i got a decent page now where people can choose where to download.

So from now on you can turn to this page to get all mirrors:

UNREAL

Unreal ExtremeEnd DecayedS

UNREAL TOURNAMENT

UT ExtremeEnd DecayedS

But for anyone not having the file yet, i would wait till after the weekend till the bugrports show that all errors have been taken out.

IP Logged

DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

DHrdsDGW

Reply #18 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
And of course there is a new Extrme version available. at follow links:

Unreal

Unreal ExtremeEnd DecayedS

Unreal Tournament

UT ExtremeEnd DecayedS

New and better mirrors have been added, so hopefully all the mishap on the first release will be gone now. But of course let me know here on the forums how it all went.

Enjoy Smiley

IP Logged

Hyper
Board Moderator
Betatester

It's Unreal.

Reply #19 - Jan 6th, 2010 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Got it.  Cool

IP Logged

Vermillion ][

Oldunreal member

Reply #20 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 7:24am
Print Post  
Nice work, Diehard!

IP Logged

DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

DHrdsDGW

Reply #21 - Feb 10th, 2010 at 1:50am
Print Post  
Ok, here we go.

This update contains smaller updates in a range of packages, but if you put them all together its a pretty large update. There are also packages that could not be released before, or were withdrawn because of the procedural texture problem, and hopefully that is solved now. For Unreal and UT that aplies to HubEffects plus the UT specific XbpFX package.

In this update are also all mountains included, and they are added in various results. Of course the mountains in the SkyBox package, but also the mountains in the ShaneDay and ShaneSky packages. The last 2 needs to be said, i made those real fast, and i am not sure about the ingame quality. But since i dont have a map where they have been used properly i cannot check how they behave ingame....

Overall:
Most updates concern all kinda celestial stuff like planets, nebulas and galaxies that have been redone. And while i have a good source by the Hubble organisation for super uber high resolution photos, those nebulas are very difficult to create. The main problem is to have them blend to black without having it look artificial. And frankly those textures consumed the bigger part of the time spend. As often the textures that look the most simple, are also difficult to create.

Issues
There could be an issue with the nebulas and galaxies. The stars on the background are added the way Epic added them. But in case i get too many complains, i may update those and add the double amount of stars to them. So feel free to tell if its ok or not.

UT specific
I released a bunch of extra packages for UT to have them synchronised with the DecayedS package.

Advised use
Of course if you have a videocard that enables you to use the Extreme End versions feel free to download them all. But the whole purpose of the Extreme packages are textures that are used in large scale and simply have a need for Extreme End. And while DecayedS was good for testing ground, this update contains 3 package that all users should have in Extreme End rather than High End and those are:
SkyBox.utx
ShaneDay.utx
ShaneSky.utx

Downloads
I simply refer to this page and simply download all packages. Of course you do NOT need to download DecayedS if you already have it Smiley

UNREAL

Unreal Extreme End

UNREAL TOURNAMENT

UT Extreme End

Of course: DONT mix the games !!!

Well Smiley , enjoy Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2011 at 7:14pm by DieHard SCWS »  

IP Logged

Hyper
Board Moderator
Betatester

It's Unreal.

Reply #22 - Feb 11th, 2010 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Are all mirrors updated wit the latest versions of the files? (UTFiles, OldUnreal and UnrealTexture)
« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2010 at 10:14pm by Hyper »  
IP Logged

DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

DHrdsDGW

Reply #23 - Feb 11th, 2010 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
Yes, all mirrors were synchronised before the update, though ut-files was a bit late, and simply lacked all files yesterday. But yeah all mirrors have the latest files.

But i still need to fix the linking on OldUnreal because they are all broken.

But OldUnreal, CelticWarriors.net and UnrealTexture are linked to the same source on UnrealTexture. So if that source is updated, than all downloads from those 3 sites have updated files.

IP Logged

DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

DHrdsDGW

Reply #24 - Feb 12th, 2010 at 12:07am
Print Post  
Oh, forgot, the MasterFiles have NOT been updated yet, because i first want to see bugreports from people. But in 2-3 weeks if all is ok, than ill redo the MasterFiles as well on all sites.

IP Logged

-Shadow-

Oldunreal's n00b

Reply #25 - Feb 12th, 2010 at 12:16am
Print Post  
nothing wrong with the textures for me so far........... they're still keeping up their job of looking good!

Nanodesu!

IP Logged

Hyper
Board Moderator
Betatester

It's Unreal.

Reply #26 - Feb 12th, 2010 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Those skybox mountains are great now. Even with quite some rifle zoom they continue to look very detailed.

The nebula indeed may need some tweaks. When I open SkyTown there is quite a visible difference between the amount of stars in the background and the stars in the nebula.

Apart from this, the nebula looks fabulous and once again very detailed.

I love this project and the ExtremeEnd stuff!

IP Logged

DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

DHrdsDGW

Reply #27 - Feb 12th, 2010 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Yeah, i was afraid of that, and as usual the probem is, that on other maps it can look ok, and might need only a few stars like its now. It all depends on what scale is used by the mapper on the stars on the background.

But i think too that it might be a better idea to double the amount of stars so it will at least match the stock maps. Btw, and to be on the safe side, are you talking about the nebula visible in Skytown ?

IP Logged

Hyper
Board Moderator
Betatester

It's Unreal.

Reply #28 - Feb 13th, 2010 at 1:30am
Print Post  
DieHard SCWS wrote on Feb 12th, 2010 at 6:02pm:
Yeah, i was afraid of that, and as usual the probem is, that on other maps it can look ok, and might need only a few stars like its now. It all depends on what scale is used by the mapper on the stars on the background.

But i think too that it might be a better idea to double the amount of stars so it will at least match the stock maps. Btw, and to be on the safe side, are you talking about the nebula visible in Skytown ?

Yes, skytown. the nebula up in the centre.

IP Logged

-Shadow-

Oldunreal's n00b

Reply #29 - Feb 15th, 2010 at 5:31am
Print Post  
I think I came across a problem, but I'm not too sure about it:
When I was playing through Deja vu in Unreal Tournament, I noticed that most of the maps had skyboxes that had large square cloud textures visible in the sky. I'm not too sure if it's the S3TC textures or not, but I'm pretty sure that the mappers wouldn't have their maps finished with the skyboxes like that, so I'm guessing that it might be the S3TC Textures. Maybe they aren't aligned properly or something like that.

Nanodesu!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo