Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Upcoming Unreal Alpha and Beta versions release (Read 39906 times)
GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Upcoming Unreal Alpha and Beta versions release
Jun 24th, 2009 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Following the Unreal II Beta releases, Unreal will receive all the Alpha versions and Beta versions that ever existed as well!

What's interesting in those releases? Well, first of all, there's an updated Nali Castle flyby, featuring a flight through the inner halls of it. Furthermore, there are 4 additional unseen cutscenes in Unreal. They reveal a lot more info about the main character of the game, Prisoner 849, as well as story before the start of Unreal. The name of P849 will be revealed (in fact, I can tell you what it is right now: Maylia Simonyéz Fitzgerald), as well as why she was a prisoner. Strangely, the story shows that she is a Skaarj Hybrid (although she looks like Gina; that also shows how they managed to secure this info, remember UT1's "CLASSIFIED DATA" descriptions of all hybrids? And that also conflicts with UT2004's AS-Mothership description, which said that Humans met Skaarj on Na Pali, unless no humans knew about these genetic experiments).

Moreover, there will be addition voices for Skaarj - much like in UT1 and UT2004, they were supposed to speak English (with Skaarj accent Cheesy ).

Interestingly, in Beta 1 of Unreal, you can actually see the Activision logo during the flyby. It seems that initially Activision was supposed to be the publisher of Unreal, but due to some disagreements between Epic and Blizzard (about the Necris), Epic switched to Infogrames. Another interesting thing is that the first Alpha versions of Unreal were held in 5 1/2" floppies (compare that to UT3 sizes Wink ), and that Unreal as a game was started earlier than the Unreal Engine itself (although without the engine, it was developed on paper by drawing concepts Cheesy ). And finally, Digital Extremes made the most of Unreal, not Epic Games; Epic were only developing the Engine (UnrealShare.u), not the game (UnrealI.u) itself (with a few exceptions, like CliffyB).

Also, there are all the lost monsters there, like Dragon and Big Man.

As for when it will released and by who... It's the same as with Unreal II betas, I won't say the source publicly due to spam prevention Smiley Jut FYI he's registered here on OldUnreal. And these versions will be released around the same time as Unreal II betas, except those really early Alphas which are on floppies, because it will take some time to extract those...
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2009 at 2:08pm by GreatEmerald »  
IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Re: Upcoming Unreal Alpha and Beta versions release
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
I read your two posts, and. there's one question that isn't answer : where did you get these infos ? Who's going to spread this, and why now ? Strange Huh

You must construct additional pylons.
IP Logged

GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Like I've written - I don't really want to give the name publicly, because of spam and such (Though I guess if he forgets to release it, I'll do that lol). But a few people won't hurt, so if you want, I can PM you the name.
As for why now - that's because this is the time when his licenses expired. Unreal had a 10 year license - and 1998 + 10 = 2008, + 1 just to be on a safe side. Same with Unreal II, 5 year license: 2003 + 5 = 2008, + 1. Next year UT betas will be out too.

IP Logged

Shivaxi
The One Who Wanted To Have A Special Title In Forum
Betatester

Loving Pie

Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Holy sh*t...it's not April 1st is it? Cheesy

This is awesome news.  I can't wait to check out the betas and alphas...especially that dragon pawn and big man pawn lol...that's DEFINITELY getting ported to now-a-days Unreal lawl Grin

IP Logged

Gizzy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Wow, this is just amazing. I thank whoever came forward with these gems, and as Shivaxi said, I look forward to porting ALL of the pawns, weapons and pickups (The Beta ones that is) to current-day Unreal.

Unfortunately, I never received a response from Dave Carter regarding the old beta animations and models on his old website, but suffice to say, I can make do with this.

IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Reply #5 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
I'd be glad to now who GreatEmerald, since I assume it comes from a developer of these games Smiley . Just send me a pm with the name (I'm not the spamming kind of guy).

You must construct additional pylons.
IP Logged

GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Reply #6 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
OK, PMed you Hellkeeper Smiley

IP Logged

Gizzy
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Ok GreatEmerald, when do you (Or the person who has these betas) plan on releasing them?

IP Logged

Shivaxi
The One Who Wanted To Have A Special Title In Forum
Betatester

Loving Pie

Reply #8 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Gizzy wrote on Jun 24th, 2009 at 5:41pm:
Ok GreatEmerald, when do you (Or the person who has these betas) plan on releasing them?

Talked to him personally, and he says sometime in July.  Also, on November 21st, he will be releasing the betas of UT99! Cheesy

Also he is sending me the 5 1/2 " floppy disc for me to convert!!  As he doesn't have drive for this...and I do...man i feel special Tongue Grin

IP Logged

[]KAOS[]Casey
Ex Member

nedm

Reply #9 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
extremelab seems to hint at genetic experiments, and the skaarj code hints at some kind of real language capability

IP Logged

Gizzy
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Quick question, does anyone have any links to images of the beta? I mean images of the dragon, quadshot and such. The only ones I can find are the archived ones on Hyper's site.

Thanks

IP Logged

GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Reply #11 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
Shivaxi wrote on Jun 24th, 2009 at 6:38pm:
Talked to him personally, and he says sometime in July.

Not quite - this is if everything goes according to the plan. If not, they could even be released in 2010, so let's just say end of July - start of 2010. There are some issues with installers, however (we have to make sure none of the betas are free games Smiley ), so if someone could help with coding some, or making use of the current Unreal setup, we would be very grateful.

IP Logged

Gizzy
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
What's the problem with the installers? And what do you mean "Making sure none of the betas are free games"?

IP Logged

[]KAOS[]Casey
Ex Member

nedm

Reply #13 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
you could talk to smirf about the unreal installer, but iirc it uses a portion of engine to actually run so it might be an issue

IP Logged

Leo T_C_K
Betatester

Reply #14 - Jun 25th, 2009 at 1:40am
Print Post  
Don't be so excited...it is not possible if DE will give out permission, etc. If they find it out it is all gonna be released without their knowledge, they are going to sue asses of all people here and the thing will be officially busted.

Sorry to scare you off on this. But really getting the permission is important thing. I always tried obtaining the stuff officially.

And Shivaxi how is he sending you floppies, you mean by post office? It can get lost, are you going to risc that? He should extract it at some normal drives...
I suggest him to not send the floppies, I wish I had email to him actually. You should read the threads at oldunreal about the concerns of legal stuff.

People who accuse others of trolling are usually the biggest trolls themselves.
YouTube  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo