Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Enhanced Deathmatch 6 (Read 480 times)
UKBikenut

Jolt is Unreal

Re: Enhanced Deathmatch 6
Reply #45 - Jul 22nd, 2009 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Seems to be working spot on now.  Wink
Filling in the "mutator vote" entries in the ini has somehow stopped the serverpackage mutators being loaded on game start up!
Except of course for those in the "established mutator" list.
Nice work m8.
Now all we need are ..errr...players..!!!
p.s. anyone fancy making a low grav mod ?

Smartball
Global Moderator

Reply #46 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 4:23am
Print Post  
UKBikenut wrote on Jul 22nd, 2009 at 12:41pm:
Filling in the "mutator vote" entries in the ini has somehow stopped the serverpackage mutators being loaded on game start up!

Please refer back to one of my posts on the first page of this thread:

http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1244851451/0#18

I explain a bit more about why that happens and what you can do about it.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

IP Logged

Gizzy
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
UKBikenut wrote on Jul 22nd, 2009 at 12:41pm:
Seems to be working spot on now.  Wink
Nice work m8.
Now all we need are ..errr...players..!!!
p.s. anyone fancy making a low grav mod ?

I made a Low-Grav Mutator, if that's what you mean.
I never really used it except for some funny Botmatches.

IP Logged

Dr.Flay™

ChaosUT-333networks

Reply #48 - Dec 11th, 2012 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
I've been making int files for Unreal mods, and then I found yours  Shocked
Bit of a head-ache, but check the new int file I made last night, and give me some feed-back.

I have collected everything together in the Advanced prefs as there are so many options.
I have ignored the engine settings at the start of the ini, as they shares the same class-names, as the main Unreal config, and editing them without unique names will also probably change the main Unreal ones.

Everything else, you should now be able to edit "live", without restarting Unreal.
I am wondering whether you want the game modes to show-up in the main GUI ?
http://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2790

IP Logged

hLk_Havok

www.hlkclan.net

Reply #49 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
do you have the map lists option for EDM? with your enhanceddm.int the advanced options, EDM Map List, xMAPS is empty. and I didnt see another place under Mutators, EDM6 where that may have been moved to?

"Cry 'Havok!', and let slip the dogs of war"
  www.hlkclan.net/forums
IP Logged

Dr.Flay™

ChaosUT-333networks

Reply #50 - Jan 5th, 2013 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
I'll check when I get back home in a few days.
Thanks for testing, sorry for the delay !

*EDIT*
OK, I've had a look on my PC. I have some maps listed in the maps branch, so I don't know why yours is empty.

I only moved the branch to show in the same section, and added the mutators so they show in the mutators section

I thought about putting the maps branch in the default section of "Networking" but I feel it should be with the main branch.
The stats and server config may be better moved there though.
What do you think?

IP Logged

hLk_Havok

www.hlkclan.net

Reply #51 - Jan 6th, 2013 at 2:56am
Print Post  
ahh, sorry you are correct, i ,missed the maps setting somehow.  it does indeed show as you pictured.  Sorry about that, I guess I didnt look long enough.

I think stats and server config are fine where they are under EDeath Match.  They are both truly parts of EDM, so imo they belong with the EDeath Match section.

"Cry 'Havok!', and let slip the dogs of war"
  www.hlkclan.net/forums
IP Logged

Dr.Flay™

ChaosUT-333networks

Reply #52 - Jan 8th, 2013 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
I had a play with adding it as a selectable game-type, from the main GUI, but it just inherits the normal DM maplist.

If there are no issues with it as-is, I'll leave it at that for now then Smiley

*EDIT*
I had another look and found a mistake, so I've fixed and uploaded.
This one includes the gametype selection in the main GUI.
As there was part reference to it, and I can see it in UEd, I thought I'd complete it.

Thoughts and feedback please  Smiley

*EDIT*
Damn, this mod is a pain.
I found some clashes/duplication, so I have tweaked some more.
I wish I could attach files to posts here, This would be simpler.
Code
Select All
[public]
Object=(Name=EDM6_Client.EnhancedDM,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.GameInfo)
Object=(Name=EDM6_Client.EnhancedTDM,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.GameInfo)

Object=(Name=EDM6_Server.KOTHMut,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="EDM-King of the Hill,Enhanced DeathMatch server mutator.")
Object=(Name=EDM6_Server.DKMut,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="EDM-DarkMatch,Enhanced DarkMatch server mutator.")

Object=(Name=EDM6_BotManage.BotManageMut,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="EDM-Bot Manager,Regulate the number of bots in the game.")
Object=(Name=EDM6_UTeamSkins.EDMUTeamSkinMut,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="EDM-UTeamFix Skins,Use UTeamFix or EDM Skaarj skins.")
Object=(Name=EDM6_Ready.EDMReadyMut,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="EDM-Ready Mutator,Wait for players to signal they are ready.")
Object=(Name=EDM6_Inf.EINFDMBaseMut,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="EDM-Infiltration,Turn the game into an Infiltration Deathmatch...with EnhancedDM features!.")
Object=(Name=EDM6_Logo.EDMLogoMut,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="EDM-Logo Display,Put your logo on the players screens.")
Object=(Name=EDM6_OldFeatures.EDMOldFeaturesMut,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="EDM-Old Features,Spawn Protection, Full Ammo, Item Addition/Removal.")
Object=(Name=EDM6_InstaGib.EDMInstaGibMut,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="EDM-Insta Gib,Everyone spawns with super ASMD's.")
Object=(Name=EDM6_BattleFG.EDMBattleFGMut,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="EDM-Battle For The Gun,Only one can wield The Gun.")
Object=(Name=EDM6_DualMags.EDMDualMags,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="EDM-Dual Mags,Akimbo-style dual auto-mags.")
Object=(Name=EDM6_WeaponDrop.EDMWeaponDropMut,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="EDM-Weapon Drop,Drop all weapons and inventory when killed.")
Object=(Name=EDM6_Revenge.EDMRevengeMut,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="EDM-Revenge,Score an extra point for avenging your death.")

Preferences=(Caption="EDeath Match",Parent="Game Types")
Preferences=(Caption="Enhanced Deathmatch",Parent="EDeath Match",Class=EDM6_Client.EnhancedDM,Immediate=True)
Preferences=(Caption="Enhanced Team Deathmatch",Parent="EDeath Match",Class=EDM6_Client.EnhancedTDM,Immediate=True)
Preferences=(Caption="EDM Client",Parent="EDeath Match",Class=EDM6_Client.EnhancedDM,Immediate=True)
Preferences=(Caption="EDM Server",Parent="EDeath Match",Class=EDM6_Server.EDMServer,Immediate=True)
Preferences=(Caption="ETDM Server",Parent="EDeath Match",Class=EDM6_Server.ETDMServer,Immediate=True)
Preferences=(Caption="EDM Map List",Parent="EDeath Match",Class=EDM6_Server.EDMMapList,Immediate=True)
Preferences=(Caption="EDM-UGHstats",Parent="EDeath Match",Class=EDM6_Server.EDMBaseMut,Immediate=True)

Preferences=(Caption="EDM6",Parent="Mutators")
Preferences=(Caption="Bot Manager",Parent="EDM6",Class=EDM6_BotManage.BotManageMut,Immediate=True)
Preferences=(Caption="UTeamFix skins",Parent="EDM6",Class=EDM6_UTeamSkins.EDMUTeamSkinMut,Immediate=True)
Preferences=(Caption="Ready signal",Parent="EDM6",Class=EDM6_Ready.EDMReadyMut,Immediate=True)
Preferences=(Caption="Infiltration HK69",Parent="EDM6",Class=EDM6_Inf.EINFDMBaseMut,Immediate=True)
Preferences=(Caption="Logo texture",Parent="EDM6",Class=EDM6_Logo.EDMLogoMut,Immediate=True)
Preferences=(Caption="Old features",Parent="EDM6",Class=EDM6_OldFeatures.EDMOldFeaturesMut,Immediate=True)
Preferences=(Caption="Mutators list",Parent="EDM6",Class=EDM6_Base.Template_GameInfo,Immediate=True)

[EnhancedDM]
ClassCaption=EnhancedDM
GameName=DeathMatch

[EnhancedTDM]
ClassCaption=EnhancedTDM
GameName=Team Game 

I have noticed new INI files in the system folder since playing as a game-type rather than using the mutator, so looks like I have more to do/add.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo