Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Exporting models from UT99 mods to Unreal 1. (Read 1880 times)
スマイル・ドラゴン
Betatester

『smile。。。』

Exporting models from UT99 mods to Unreal 1.
Oct 20th, 2008 at 11:45am
Print Post  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdiMpoHU2Do

ADDENDUM: you need to make a blank cube map and place atleast one actor that DOES NOT REFERENCE ANYTHING YOU'RE TRYING TO EXPORT!!! UnrealShare.Armor or Engine.ScaledSprite ,etc is suitable for this task.

I am the dragon without a name.
rk-__-ght.: / κυνικός Δράκων / スマイル・ドラゴン / Draco Nihil
IP Logged

Gizzy
Ex Member

Re: Exporting models from UT99 mods to Unreal 1.
Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 1:54am
Print Post  
Thanks for the video Gyiyg, I was getting annoyed with having to use UTPT (And failing with it) all the time, even though I have not managed to export a working mesh yet Cheesy

In the video, you mentioned something about "Roflcode"(?), but I can't make out what it says. In the log box, what was the command you typed to save the package? I could only make out OBJ SAVEPACKAGE....

Also, what was the name of the package that you loaded? I heard U4ESomething, but you were very quiet in the video (No offence), and I couldn't hear what you were saying (I did turn my speakers up)

Thanks

IP Logged

スマイル・ドラゴン
Betatester

『smile。。。』

Re: Exporting models from UT99 mods to Unreal 1.
Reply #2 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
OBJ SAVEPACKAGE PACKAGE=WhatTheHell FILE="IEXPORTEDTHISUIDIOT.u"

Replace the package name with whatever the hell you want to isolate after you done that.

I never knew someone actually watched that video, I was really tired and I didn't sound right over the microphone (mostly because it doesn't pick my voice up LOUD ENOUGH...)

The entire reason I had a .txt file named after that was because I was sleep deprived beyond reason, and I didn't feel like typing a huge command line into the unrealed log window.

That video just showed how to export the QSG mesh or something from U4eT without it breaking like UTPT\WOTGreal does to mesh's....

I am the dragon without a name.
rk-__-ght.: / κυνικός Δράκων / スマイル・ドラゴン / Draco Nihil
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo