Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic UFireTexture::ConstantTimeTick crash (Read 2284 times)
Radix

Oldunreal member

UFireTexture::ConstantTimeTick crash
Oct 5th, 2008 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I've recently moved my UT/Infiltration install to my newest machine, which runs Vista. Both Infiltration and UnrealEd crashed on UFireTexture::ConstantTimeTick (but UT did not - kind of strange).

I was already blaming Vista, but while searching the forums for hints, it suddenly struck me - I'm one of those paranoids who activate the DEP feature (Data Execution Prevention, see also NX bit/XD bit processor feature) on all processes.

I remember that on my XP machine, the UT programs also disliked DEP.

I put Infiltration.exe and UnrealEd.exe (and UnrealTournament.exe, just to be sure) on the exclude list for DEP. Now they run fine again.

To find it on your machine, go to the System Properties/Advanced tab and press the topmost "Settings..." button (inside the "Performance" box). The window opened has a tab labeled "Data Execution Prevention" with the exclude list on it.
(The actual labels may differ slightly, I just translated them from my German language Windows.)

Bye!

PS: I posted this on UnrealPlayground, too, in case you're just having a déjà-vu...

IP Logged

GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Re: UFireTexture::ConstantTimeTick crash
Reply #1 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Smirf! Hey Smirf! That's the Win5.2+ error I have too.
But disabling DEP would be quite a hard choice... What if my PC burns out? Although I could try that.

IP Logged

GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Re: UFireTexture::ConstantTimeTick crash
Reply #2 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Yeap! Looks like you can replicate it like this:
Go to My Computer's properties, Advanced, Performance Settings, Data Execution Prevention and select "Turn On DEP for all programs except..." and try running Unreal. I changed that because I actually thought it would prevent less... Looks like I was wrong Cheesy
And adding Unreal processes to the exceptions really works. Too bad it doesn't display the message in Unreal, only in UEd.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo