Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) [Recruiting] First Dawn (Read 24501 times)
Raven

Yog-Sothoth rulez :)

Re: [Recruiting] First Dawn
Reply #45 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
I suggest to remodel and retexture current U1 weapons you will use (and maybe new emitter based effects). For custom skins use S3TC (you can use mergedxt commandlet). You can also make terrain in 3Dmax - it's a lot easier then UED Smiley.

WWWGTalkICQ  
IP Logged

GreatEmerald
Oldunreal MasterPoster

The Great Emerald

Reply #46 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Umm, the hand covers half of the screen. The best feel is when you see it only on special occasions anyway, much like in Unreal II.

IP Logged

CrackeR

Oldunreal member

Reply #47 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Well I agree for typical unreal types of weps.  For INF I put them up so u can kill crosshairs period and aim down your barrel.. I like the MP setup w/ aiming it has the little circle to put your opponents head in Tongue

The coolest part about these weps here is the bullets will richocet off walls, and the assuault rifles actually penetrate thin walls and keep goin w/ reduced damage.  Also has flyby sounds when your opponents rounds get to close.

IP Logged

Raven

Yog-Sothoth rulez :)

Reply #48 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Unreal-styled with a little bit of realism (like you said - ricochets, penetrating thin walls, etc) will be a good choice IMHO.

WWWGTalkICQ  
IP Logged

Leo T_C_K
Betatester

Reply #49 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Is this some kind of firestormv2? Turboman is already making Unreal themed pack and with enhanced weapons nowadays as well and he had already erlier weather effects in it too (it was even seen in the old screenshots) and other things. Why making exclusive 227 pack if the particles and weather effects were done before via third party scripting? Better keep it compatible with all versions.

People who accuse others of trolling are usually the biggest trolls themselves.
YouTube  
IP Logged

HybridZ

Oldunreal member

Reply #50 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
I can make terrain just fine.

Current Project development has been halted (Being only myself the only active member) until I can get some more mappers.

IP Logged

HeadShot

Whoopdie Doo!

Reply #51 - Sep 25th, 2008 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
HybridZ wrote on Sep 24th, 2008 at 10:42pm:

Current Project development has been halted (Being only myself the only active member) until I can get some more mappers.

Shocked

Yea sry hybrid, i'm busy working and with school, if I actually get some time I'll hit you up on MSN.

&&
IP Logged

Pcube
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
HybridZ wrote on Sep 24th, 2008 at 10:42pm:

Hey Hybrid. I've known you as one of the best mappers in Unreal for several years now and would love to help out with mapping, if that's okay with you that is. I'm not great, but I'm not bad either, I think.. áWink

I'd like to work under you and will gladly accept a mapping or scripting position, though my forte is maps with a bit of customized script for that extra "wow" factor. PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

As a side note, please keep in mind that I *will* be very busy in the next three months and will primarily be available on weekends, and that time itself is rather variable.. I'm sure I can get in a good amount of time, though.

EDIT - I could probably get at least one more mapper on board so we could get this thing rolling soon.  Wink

IP Logged

JÔškrÔ▀▀it
God Member

Reply #53 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Hybrid, I know I've been "AFK" (quote on quote) for the past few months, but I have been working and exploring the unreal editor and its features (not only for this engine but others as well).  After many decisions (both personal and engine oriented), I have decided to map again for Unreal 227 engine (yeah, thats right.. 227)

I really do think there needs to be some sort of mod team that pushes the features of 227, so they can go to whole new levels if possible.  I'm up for joining the team as well (publicly)

Since Pravin (aka Pcube) is a good friend of mine, we can probably push some ideas around and maybe help each other out as well in certain areas.  I think if we bounce ideas around we could really make an awesome team.  Cheesy

Although I am very busy atm with RL issues... I hope to get some good bsp out there for the project to get ideas rolling.

IP Logged

HybridZ

Oldunreal member

Reply #54 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Welcome to the team and I understand RL issues. Im currently re-concepting the current story. My MSN is a total mess but Ill see if it works after cleaning up. (I did a mass removal/block of everyone thats never online ; 60+ contacts and only 5 are active -.-)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo