Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic GeForce FX 5200 - can't run UT with 32-bit colors (Read 3301 times)
Stephen Hawking

Oldunreal member

GeForce FX 5200 - can't run UT with 32-bit colors
May 28th, 2008 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Hello!

I currently have nvidia driver version 84.21 installed. And I can only run UT with 32-bit color depth in "out of the box" installation (if no game patches whatsoever are installed). As soon as I patch the game (say with version 436, for example), 32-bit colors freeze up the screen, even mouse barely responds. I've tried many things, reinstalling the game, various display drivers, game patches, disabling D3D precaching with no results.

Is the only way going back to my prehistoric nvidia driver that came on the cd bundled with my video card? Hell if I remember the version number or have the cd anywhere around Sad

Anyone ever had this problem?

Thank you very much in advance for any help,
SH

« Last Edit: May 30th, 2008 at 12:19pm by Stephen Hawking »  

IP Logged

Stephen Hawking

Oldunreal member

Re: GeForce FX 5200 - can't run UT with 32-bit colors
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2008 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Well, I reinstalled my old drivers (version 43.45 from year 2003) and UT works fine again. Oh well, I guess no new video drivers for me, if I want to play UT. I wonder what causes this problem though, and if it can be resolved in some other way.

IP Logged

SweMonkey

Reply #2 - May 31st, 2008 at 9:29am
Print Post  
i have geforce fx 5200 and i use the newest drivers (175.16) and everything works good for me

IP Logged

DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

DHrdsDGW

Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Did you also installed the latest drivers for OpenGL, D3D8 and/or D3D9 for UT. Dunno but it might make a difference. You can find instructions and downloads for all renderers on this page:

Did you also installed the latest drivers for OpenGL, D3D8 and/or D3D9 for UT. Dunno but it might make a difference. You can find instructions and downloads for all renderers on this page:

http://www.unrealtexture.com/UT/Website/Articles/PlayingUT/Tweaking/S3TCInstalla...

You dont need to install the S3TC texture if you dont want to, but you could of course. I always advise to get your game running properly before you install the S3TC textures.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo