Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Mover triggers another mover ?? (Read 1881 times)
cinnober

Oldunreal member

Mover triggers another mover ??
May 14th, 2008 at 6:36am
Print Post  
Is it possible to make a mover trigger another mover??

I have 2 movers and want  the bottom mover to move up and "touch" the next mover and then "push" the upper mover simoustanely.

I hope you understand my question.

I´m using UED 2.0

IP Logged

Buster
Global Moderator

Re: Mover triggers another mover ??
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2008 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
There's a way to "simulate" Mover1 triggering Mover2. I'm also looking into Mover1 being the actor that "actually" triggers Mover2. I've never done it that way, but I'm sure I've read it somewhere in the UnrealEdReference2. It's quite large, so in the mean time I'll quickly explain the method I've used.

1). Make both your movers and put them into their Key0 positions. In the properties of BOTH movers open Events, and give them BOTH the same Tag. For example, TheMovers.

2). Put in a trigger. Place it into position where you'd start Mover1. In it's Properties open Events, and give it the Event name TheMovers.

3). This will set it up that the trigger will activate BOTH of the movers.

4). Now it's all a matter of the timing of the movers. In the Properties of Mover1 (and Mover2 for the sake of ease) open Mover, and make the setting MoveTime 2.0000 (for example).

5). Then setup Key1 for Mover1, and place Mover1 in its next position. Let's say that's where it's going to "contact" Mover2.

6). And also setup Key1 for Mover2, but don't move it anywhere. It's going to sit there waiting for Mover1.

7). Now you can setup Key2 for BOTH movers. You can have Mover1 stay where it is (by not moving it anywhere), and position Mover2 in it's new location.

What should happen is the triggers will appear to move in serial order, with Mover1 triggering Mover2. Something like you were asking about.

Also, the above method will work for BOTH UnrealEd 1.0 and UnrealEd 2.0 !!

Smiley

Another way to have a Mover trigger another mover might be to setup a 2nd trigger at the location of the starting point of Mover2. Make sure to properly setup the Event-Tag names for BOTH movers and their Tags, etc.

In the Properties of Trigger2 open Trigger. In the ClassProximityType set it up for Class 'Engine.Mover' and in the TriggerType make it TT_ClassProximity.

I'm not sure how well this will work, as I've not tried it yet. But in theory it should. It'll eventually bug me enough, and I'll see if it actually will work.

I hope all this helps you out abit.

Gatherstone - Unreal by Design
https://gatherstone.oldunreal.com

OK - he falls
Keep it Unreal !!
Smiley_~
IP Logged

Turboman.
God Member
Developer Team

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Mover triggers another mover ??
Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
making a mover trigger another mover is the simplest thing todo in unrealed, you should look at the most basic use of it in unreal, like (mover) levers or switches opening doors or activating sequences.

in unreal, once the first mover hits the last keyframe (very usefull for mover switches), an event will be called, if you give the first mover's event the tag of the second mover, the first mover will finish its sequence and trigger the second mover that goes on then.

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo