Donate for Oldunreal:
Links to our wiki:
Welcome, Guest. Please
Unreal General Forum
› Guidelines for Posting - Read this before Posting!!!
Guidelines for Posting - Read this before Posting!!! (Read 7243 times)
Location: Between Venus & Mars
Joined: Oct 4
Guidelines for Posting - Read this before Posting!!!
, 2008 at 8:52pm
First off I'd like to apologize for the disappearence of the original guidelines thread. It has become apparent to me though that some guidance is definitely needed around here. So here we go.
1) Old Unreal is a resource. Please don't come here making flames towards others.
2) Do not post names and IP's of cheaters and or hackers etc. This only gives them attention, that some of them enjoy.
has this same rule for very good reasons and I agree with this 100%
3) If you have a question great but please use the search features and resources available here already. A lot of us here spend a great amount of time answering the same questions over & over, not to mention we also use the same search features to answer these repeat questions, so be sure and READ THE MANUAL!!!. Here are but a few of those resources.
I'm sure there are many others. When using Oldunreal's internal search I suggest using the
instead of the quick search box at the top of forum.
Note, the quick search only goes back one week in time.
Google works well for individual searches as well. Simply go to google and type
site:www.oldunreal.com "Your Search here"
4) Be respectful. Do I need to elaborate? Apparently I do. It's quite simple actually. We will not tolerate attacks against other members. Be civil people or risk being banned. The forum is not a place for hate.
5) Use the PM system if your uncertain. The PM system is perfect if you really feel the need to report an issue.
6) Be specific when posting questions. (What version of Unreal are you using. For video problems be sure to list what drivers you are using. The same for sound issues.) Try to include log files or screenshots. It's a lot easier to answer problems when all the information is posted.
This is not a warez site. Do not post links to illegal files. You risk being banned by doing so.
8) Do not spam (responding with the words cool, interesting, wow, etc is pointless) Have some content that contibutes to the forum. In other words, if you have been registered here a year and have like 4000 posts, chances are you are a spammer.
9) If a thread has been locked or deleted do not make a new post to revive it. It was locked or deleted for a reason. It's not rocket science people.
10) We don't care about personal conversations between members. Most of these threads are flames.
See rule # 1
11) If you've ripped, borrowed or used something from any game or mod and have not given credit or do not have the permission to use said mod or content do not post it here. You risk being banned and the thread will be removed. People work very hard on their creations,
Give credit where credit is due!!
Posting and You
This video says it all.
Here's a quote from Second Attempt which is quite useful as well.
Nobody is liable if you use this software to create
desktop features or environments which are
injurious to your health or saftey
This document is designed to draw your attention
to the need for aceptable practices when working
In particular when using this software:
- Moving or blinking images may cause discomfort,
stress and even epileptic seizures
- Poor posture may cause discomfort, eye strain,
stress and repetitive strain injuries
- Slow computer response times (from complex
desktops or low performance computers) may
cause stress, discomfort and repetitive strain
- Poor lighting may cause discomfort, eye strain,
stress and repetitive strain injuries
- If using the software makes you in any sense
unwell,feel dizzy or sick or you have any
indication of an adverse reaction you must
stop using the software
- This Software MUST NOT BE USED FOR any safety
critical tasks and MUST NOT BE USED IN any
safety critical environments
- If you only have a few users and limited IT
resources you may find it more cost effective
and a better use of your time and money to
seek others to run a server
- Setting up a server properly is HARD
- Keeping a server running against a constant
stream of spam and hostile attacks can be a
NIGHTMARE You can't just setup your system
once then forget about it (It is possible,
but you wont be running a server very long)
- If you are simply using the software to run a
server becuase my software package came with
it or to be able to tell my friends I have my
own server are both bad answers, this descion
could end up costing you your sanity
If you are still reading
Welcome to the Unreal community.
If I have missed something I will add it later.
Last Edit: Jun 9
, 2011 at 1:56am by
LOADING HATERS..████████████] 99% Complete.
It was only a difference of opinion, but really...I mean good manners
don't cost nothing do they, eh?
Location: at home
Joined: Apr 30
Re: Guidelines for Posting - Read this before Posting!!!
Reply #1 -
, 2017 at 10:06am
You agree, through your use of these forums, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually-oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of
law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also inappropriate to this forum.
Note that it is impossible for us to confirm the validity of posts on this forum. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages and are not responsible for their content. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The messages express the views of the author, not necessarily the views of this forum. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator of this forum immediately. We have the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this forum, and any related websites to this forum. We at this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any information we have about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any information posted by you. You have the ability, as you register, to choose your user ID and a Screen Name, the latter will be displayed on all messages, posts and replies you author. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With the user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password to another member, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to
use another member's account to post messages or browse this forum. After you register and log into this forum, you can fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information we deem inaccurate or vulgar will be removed.
Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.
The usage of so called disposable email addresses (fake or "guerrilla e-mail hosts") to register in these forums is prohibited. Please enter a valid email address. Your email address is never sold or intentionally given to third parties. Unsolicited emails are not sent.
Member accounts may not be shared, either in public or in private. Exceptions to this rule would include spouses, children, siblings or co-workers in the same location. However, it is strongly suggested that accounts never be shared for any reason. Suspicious or leaked accounts may be locked, banned or deleted at our discretion. This includes any and all accounts using unauthorized services like Bugmenot.
Thank you for joining and helping us build a successful online community.
Last Edit: Feb 28
, 2017 at 11:16am by
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Forum Jump »
» 10 most recent Posts
» 10 most recent Topics
Unreal General Forum ««
- Real-CTF Board
UnrealTournament General Forum
- Infiltration-Board for UnrealTournament
Unreal2 General Forum
Other Unreal Engine Games
Unreal Engine 1 and 2
- Clive Barker's Undying
- Deep Space Nine: The Fallen
- Deus Ex
- Disney's Brother Bear
- Dr. Brain: Action Reaction
- Harry Potter Series
- Mobile Forces
- Nerf Arena Blast
- The Next Generation: Klingon Honor Guard
- The Wheel of Time
- X-COM: Enforcer
Editing, scripting, modelling and mapping
- C++ Native Mods for UE1
UnrealEd, the editor for Unreal up to version 226
UnrealEd 2, the editor for UnrealTournament
UnrealEd 2.1, the Unreal 227 editor
High-Res Textures for Unreal & UnrealTournament
OpenGL & D3D for Unreal & UnrealTournament
ALAudio (OpenAL), FMOD (FMOD3 and FMOD Ex) or other new audio renderer for UEngine 1 Games
Hardware & Drivers
Hyper's Unreal hideout
Anything else ?
« Board Index
» Powered by
YaBB Forum Software
© 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.