Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Wow (Read 8145 times)
Aie

Oldunreal member

Wow
Aug 7th, 2007 at 4:00am
Print Post  
Wow. I didn't realize there were still people playing Serp after all this time.

Its good to see that our hard work is still appreciated even this many years later.

Latham and I have been talking about resurrecting Serp for a modern engine, but between the general improvement in quality in games over the last half dozen years, and a general lack of time on either of our parts, its more of a "wouldn't it be cool if we had the time to re-do Serp" than a "Dude. We should release this internal version of Serp  that we've got for the HL2/UT2k7/Q4/Whatever engine".

In any event... just thought I'd pop in and say Hi. <grin>

Take care, and happy fragging.

IP Logged

Buster
Global Moderator

Re: Wow
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 5:08am
Print Post  
Hey hey, it's nice to hear from ya. I actually prefer the Serpentine mod over Infiltration, and always have. In fact, one of the "mods" I did of Zahltag is called DmZahltagSerp !!

I have noticed that the "FireArms 101 Revisited" page is no longer online, but I've bundled it with the "Serpentine-Gold" I've been hosting on my site. I hope you don't mind. Once I noticed the broken link I made sure that the information was made available to the public.

And thanks for all your hard work. I've enjoyed that mod (and still do) lots over the years.

Gatherstone - Unreal by Design
https://gatherstone.oldunreal.com

OK - he falls
Keep it Unreal !!
Smiley_~
IP Logged

Pitbull
Forum Administrator

Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 9:27am
Print Post  
Yeah I have to agree with Buster, I like serpentine better than Infiltration myself. It's even more fun when used in conjunction with UTF (U Team Fix). When combined with that mod you can play it in standoff mode. I would love to see serpentine ressurected btw. So if you guys get some free time I'm sure it would be welcomed for the newer games. Cool

Green River

LOADING HATERS..████████████] 99% Complete.
WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

TCP_Wolf
Forum Administrator

Reply #3 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 11:15am
Print Post  
ye... w00t...

http://wolf.tcpclan.net/projects/Unreal/UTeamFix/Manual10/gamebridge_serpentine....

...though I did have a complaint by someone that you are supposed to "count the bullets yourself" and not have the current ammo clip displayed on the hud (remaining shots in current clip that is)...

Anyhow, if you ever redo/relrelease/patch/enhance/blah something about the mod, gimme a yell so I can adjust the game bridge according to it. All the weapon and item code needs to be recompiled so a list of changed classes would probably be the best idea to go at something like this Smiley

Oh and... welcome to Oldunreal :-D

-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

DHrdsDGW

Reply #4 - Aug 8th, 2007 at 12:57am
Print Post  
Yeah welcome back Smiley

Oh and the Serpentine site is running on the Celtic Warriors site(it was actually the first mirror that was created):

Serpentine

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Reply #5 - Aug 8th, 2007 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Aie wrote on Aug 7th, 2007 at 4:00am:
Wow. I didn't realize there were still people playing Serp after all this time.

Its good to see that our hard work is still appreciated even this many years later.

Latham and I have been talking about resurrecting Serp for a modern engine, but between the general improvement in quality in games over the last half dozen years, and a general lack of time on either of our parts, its more of a "wouldn't it be cool if we had the time to re-do Serp" than a "Dude. We should release this internal version of Serp  that we've got for the HL2/UT2k7/Q4/Whatever engine".

In any event... just thought I'd pop in and say Hi. <grin>

Take care, and happy fragging.

Iirc the authors of serp didnt allow anyone any modification of it. A complete mod like Serp would be no problem, but to modify it...
just a short note, although i have no idea if anyone would really still care about it.

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Latham

Oldunreal member

Reply #6 - Aug 9th, 2007 at 2:08am
Print Post  
"irc the authors of serp didnt allow anyone any modification of it."

Yes, indeed, that was our policy.

It doesn't precisely apply to Aie or I, though... since we are the original authors.   Hi, everybody.  :)

- Latham of Serpentine

IP Logged

Pitbull
Forum Administrator

Reply #7 - Aug 9th, 2007 at 3:33am
Print Post  
[quote author=Latham link=1186459255/0#6 date=1186625339]"irc the authors of serp didnt allow anyone any modification of it."

It doesn't precisely apply to Aie or I, though... since we are the original authors. Hi, everybody. :)

- Latham of Serpentine[/quote]

Nice. Welcome to OldUnreal. :D

Green River

LOADING HATERS..████████████] 99% Complete.
WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Reply #8 - Aug 9th, 2007 at 6:22am
Print Post  
[quote author=Latham link=1186459255/0#6 date=1186625339]"irc the authors of serp didnt allow anyone any modification of it."

It doesn't precisely apply to Aie or I, though... since we are the original authors.   Hi, everybody.  :)

WOW
now that is impressing me now. I never expected to see you guys again. I really didn't realize it is you who made it.
Great thanx, Serpentine is the mod I'm running a server for almost all the time now it exists. Even now it still runs (although currently more with MonsterMash than in DM. )
Many friends of me were talking about it, how it could be enhanced, the missing weapons finished and such.
Currently I'm almost done with new 227 patch for unreal, which includes a new engine, new opengl (of course with s3tc support) and sound (FMOD and OpenAL), support for decals and footprints. And together with the Hiigh-Res Texture pack....
Would this engine modern enough for you ? :P
Anyway, nice to have you here!

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

TCP_Wolf
Forum Administrator

Reply #9 - Aug 9th, 2007 at 12:29pm
Print Post  

It doesn't precisely apply to Aie or I, though... since we are the original authors. Hi, everybody. :)

Yea that....

[quote author=UTF Manual link=1186459255/0#6 date=1186625339]
Legal Issues

Chrystalline Design explicitely prohibits deriviative work from their mod. As I mentioned on the general Game Bridge page, I hereby state, that this Game Bridge is no Serpentine-deriviative work of any kind, it is a bug-fix and compatibility adjustment! I have preserved all original features as good as my abilities allow, and I believe I have converted the entire Serpentine mod as it is in its entity with minimal/negligible changes to its code, effectively preserving the original intent of the mod.
[/quote]

-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Repzik

This statement is false.

Reply #10 - Sep 24th, 2007 at 3:43am
Print Post  
Serpentine was one of the first mods I ever downloaded. I found it really fun, using these weapons.

Until I had to reload.

I think this mod would be even bigger if reloading was simpler! I don't know if it's bextra3, bextra4, bextra2.5, etc. Someone, tell me how to reload the stupid guns!!

Other than that, I love this mod.  Cheesy

EZ's Unreal. Unreal, the EZ way.&&
IP Logged

BAH

Oldunreal member

Reply #11 - Sep 24th, 2007 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
button bextra3 to re-load  Tongue
Our clan (RoK) has Serpentine as a voteable mutator on one of our servers.  It's not perfect, but it's way better than I could ever do hehe.  It actually gets voted for quite often.  I like it!

IP Logged

KeeperUTX
God Member

Magician of Fire

Reply #12 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Serpentine+OldUnreal= Cheesy

Azhir uval nutarus. Azhir mudas ethanul. Dalektharu il dask daku. Riftuuz e thara samanar utamus. Elas umanes azarathan rakas ibna.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo