Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic ut d3d on notebook, with a nvidia geforcego 7300 (Read 3122 times)
zlarg3

Oldunreal member

ut d3d on notebook, with a nvidia geforcego 7300
Jun 9th, 2006 at 3:36am
Print Post  
I cant get ut to work on my laptop asus computer, it has geforcego 7300, 512 ram and pentium m proceser, but when I chose d3d the intro scene goes very slow and crashes a few seconds later, I instaled the oldunreal update and chose opengl but the intro is all black and in game is very slow. I downloaded the latest opengl and d3d8 from http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/ but opengl doesent work at all (just black and white+ crashing) and d3d8 works bit is still a bit slow, does anyone have any ideas? or do i just have to use software rendering?

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Re: ut d3d on notebook, with a nvidia geforcego 73
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2006 at 9:48am
Print Post  
since i'm able to run ut and unreal on my old notebook with a geforce2 go in it with OpenGL (@1024), it should work.
My guess would be that your drivers (either Mainboard/Chipset and/or Grafixcard) are not working correctly or need to be updated.
Aside this, the OpenGL renderer for UT included in the omp is almost identical to the one from cwdohnal, if you read the manual of the omp's you should find a note about that Wink - i'm using his work here- so this shouldnt make any differ.

Check your drivers.

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

zlarg3

Oldunreal member

Re: ut d3d on notebook, with a nvidia geforcego 73
Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2006 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
ok thanks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo