Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Where is Serpentine 9? (Read 7877 times)
FlooD

FlooD > You

Where is Serpentine 9?
Mar 22nd, 2005 at 1:22am
Print Post  
Does anyone know where Serpentine 9 by |TSS|Trunks went? I've been searching for a long while but a can't seem to locate it. Thanks in advance.

MADDOX!&&-maddox.xmission.com&&-Uacomic.com&&&&Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com

IP Logged

Thedarkone

I love Unreal!!!!!! Forever!!

Re: Where is Serpentine 9?
Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2005 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Hi Flood I have that file Trunks gave me it for my server long time ago. I will give you a link when I get back it's on my server but need get it on a ftp or soming ok. I am off to work right now will be back in few hr's and make a ftp for it allright. Smiley

IP Logged

Pitbull
Forum Administrator

Reply #2 - Mar 22nd, 2005 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
Well for the record there is only one sanctioned version of serpentine which can be found here. http://www.unrealized.com/serpentine/
If memory serves me correctly the redone version (9) as you mentioned only has the shotgun code changed to do more damage.  Roll Eyes I would stick to this version myself.
http://www.oldunreal.com/mods/serpentine8.zip

Green River

LOADING HATERS..████████████] 99% Complete.
WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

Thedarkone

Reply #3 - Mar 23rd, 2005 at 5:01am
Print Post  
flood you have a message.

IP Logged

FlooD

FlooD > You

Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2005 at 3:45am
Print Post  
Serpentine 9 Changes the sounds, damage, accuaracy, magazine size of the shotgun, and some of the guns now shoot farther. Personally I like Serpentine 9 better than 8. Thanks Darkone, but I found a copy of version 9 on my other computer. Darkone I have a question: Does the copy of serpentine 9 that you have, have any documentation with it because the version I have is smaller than your version. I'm wondering what the changes are between the 2 versions

MADDOX!&&-maddox.xmission.com&&-Uacomic.com&&&&Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com

IP Logged

DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

DHrdsDGW

Reply #5 - Mar 24th, 2005 at 6:46am
Print Post  
I am interested in both versions of Serpentine 9 too for the downloads.

I still have to add the Serpentinesection, so all files around for Serpentine, i really would like to have, old files or new files, i all want to have them.

That counts for both mods and maps, currently i only have 2 Serpentine specific maps (DmMassacreTV and Dm-UrbanAssault-Serpentine), i would like to se some more lol.

Is there a download site for those maps around, and or a list of maps?

IP Logged

TCP_Wolf
Forum Administrator

Reply #6 - Mar 24th, 2005 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
I would also stick with the sanctioned version. While I have changed game-play details too in my mods and patches, I have always kept them at a minimum OR made them as an optional feature. I am generally not so fond of non-choosable game-play-changes of great magnitute, and changing the accuracy or range of weapons definitely counts as such Lips Sealed

Admittedly, I used to have a slightly different opinion about that in the past  Undecided

-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Thedarkone

Reply #7 - Mar 25th, 2005 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Flood is there anyway I could Please get copy of that serpentine you got. I will try find the documentation for this one I might of lost it but will look ok. Thanks.

IP Logged

FlooD

FlooD > You

Reply #8 - Apr 18th, 2005 at 1:26am
Print Post  
I have Thoroughly played Serpentine 8 and found that it was not realistic enough for me, but Serpentine 9 is not that much better.

Serpentine 8
Pros:Bullets fall, the shotgun holds 4 rounds (like it should)
Cons:Bullets are too slow, pistol sound effects are not very realistic, weapons are too innacurate (just slightly),shotgun is too powerful

Serpentine 9
Pros:Bullets are faster, pistol sound effects are more realistic, Weapons are more accurate,
Cons:No recoil, shotgun holds 6 rounds, shotgun is still too powerful, bullets physics are not accurate enough (ie. .45 bullets travels too fast and does not fall.)

IP Logged

FlooD

FlooD > You

Reply #9 - Apr 22nd, 2005 at 3:01am
Print Post  
What the...?

I started up serp. 8 again but now all the bullet physics are correct! except the shotgun does too much damage and since the pellets don't fall I could practically snipe with it.

I'm just gonna reinstall Unreal and repatch it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo