Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 1st Serpentine (pre-224) (Read 5644 times)
UnLeaded

1st Serpentine (pre-224)
Dec 1st, 2003 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Does anyone have the 1st Serpentine in Unreal 1, which was pre-224? 

Thx!

UnLeaded

IP Logged

BadBoy

Re: 1st Serpentine (pre-224)
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2003 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Best I can do is 8.
Why do you want it anyway?

IP Logged

UnLeaded

Reply #2 - Dec 13th, 2003 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Best I can do is 8.
Why do you want it anyway?

Hi BadBoy,
I'm doing map conversions.  A few (actually there arent that many) maps are tied into the "pre-224" Serpentine.  But since I can't find this pre-224 version I probably just won't do these maps.  Some of the map conversions to date I've done are here http://unreal1.xszone.nl/downloads/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=16&start=20&s..., along with some UT conversions Dm-Grinder, Dm-Turbine, and Dm-Conveyor.  Thx for the response though!   Smiley

IP Logged

BadBoy

Reply #3 - Dec 14th, 2003 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Conversions? What are you doing? Converting old maps to Serpentine?
I'm lost. Grin
Anything I can do to help?

IP Logged

UnLeaded

Reply #4 - Dec 14th, 2003 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Well converting maps is easy enough for me (that is, after hours of determination  Smiley)  But you could help Pit make some maps for our mod, Crystal Castles. I'm a big fan of your texturing, and I think you'd end up making some great maps for us. We're in UT2003, but the editor is really the same, only with more added features, including enhanced tools for building more complex brushes. Well if you're interested let Pit know, I'm sure he'd appreciate the help!   Grin (and I know he can show you the new features easy enough because he's been mapping for months now in UT2003  Shocked).

IP Logged

BadBoy

Reply #5 - Dec 15th, 2003 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Yeah I have played around with the UT2003 editor a little.
What is the Crystal Castles mod all about? Have a link to a site?
Oh, thanks for the kind words too Grin

email me
badboy@planetunreal.com

IP Logged

UnLeaded

Reply #6 - Dec 16th, 2003 at 5:16am
Print Post  
The site is not well maintained (mainly my fault  Embarrassed), but to get somewhat of a feel on the team is }TCP{Wolf, Bozo, and Pitbull, and me.  We're also getting some assistance from Shambler, who you may know does alot for INF, and he's a member of OldUnreal as well.  All these guys are great guys with awesome talent, so you'll be in good company.  As far as the maps go, it's an open forum, whatever type of map you think would work best or come out the best.  For me, I trust the mapper's judgement and Pit's a good judge as well.  We're entering the UT2003 contest, and any maps made for CC will enter as well, so they'll be seen by (hopefully) lots of people.

About the mod- The base concept is loosely around the 80's game Crystal Castles with the item and player theme taken from the game, which is medieval. The object is somewhat the same as well, you get points by collecting gems (which REALLY look like gems!) and killing other players.  There's another way to get points but we'll have to show you, it's probably easier than explaining.  Also we're all big "Heretic" fans, so you may see some items later that resemble the game.  What's also cool about this game is that all the high scores are recorded, just like in arcade games, so that you make a high score, it will be there the next week (providing no one beats it that is, hehe).

But if you think you might be interested, I can set up a demo game, you can meet the team, and we can explain it as well as our plans for the game in UT2003.  Just let me or Pit know, Plaidman@hotmail.com or Pitbull@quickdog.net.  I'd luv to see you on the team! I think you'd do a "sweet" job!   Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo