Here will be provided a set of tutorials about tricky points of map-creation with UnrealEd and how to use new features from 227 patch such as Emitters, Weather effects, Vegetation Generator etc. For general help, see the FAQ on the OldUnreal forums.
Index of Tutorials
227 Specific Features
- Using Ogg-Vorbis Musics
- Particle Emitter
- Particle Force
- Weather effects
- Vegetation Generator
- Visibility Notify
- Static Meshes
- Dynamic Zones
- Creating and importing Mesh
- Exporting/Importing meshes from Unreal and UT
- Mapping Tips & Tricks
- Vertex Editing Tutorial
- BSP surface flags
- Informations about geometry rebuild and BSP errors
- Informations on BSP cuts, nodes and optimization
- Clipping Tool
Unreal II Tutorials
Unreal II has almost no documentation anywhere. It featured tools like GolemEd (Unreal2\System\GlmEd.exe) and a Dialog Editor (Unreal2\Dialog\DialogEditor.exe) which have no accompanying explaination or documentation. Here are all that can be found:
- Hellkeeper's tutorials: tutorials for basic stuff: mesh scaling, dialog editing, terrain making. Tutorials originally created by Matthias Worch (Senior Level Designer at Legend at the time of Unreal II). These have been recovered and restored from internetarchive.org with added French translation.
- Always Black has some explanations on an abandoned project made with Unreal II.
- GreatEmerald's video tutorials for Particle Salamanders, part 1 and part 2.
- Particle Salamander tutorials by Scott Dalton (Senior Level Designer at Legend at the time of Unreal II), with a run down of particle templates by Aaron Leiby (Senior Programmer Legend at the same time). They constitute all the currently available documentation on the particle system of Unreal II.
- Dialog Editor: Information about the Dialog Editor included in Unreal II to create conversations
- Dialog Parameters: List of all parameters which can be used in a dialog and how to use them.
- Golem Studio: How to use the mysterious and challenging Golem Studio tool from Unreal II and how to enslave the world with it.
- Golem Agent Language: Documentation on the GAL scripting language used in Golem Studio.