For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Question about pixelated texture map

Questions, Tips&Tricks for the special patches
Wester547
OldUnreal Member

Question about pixelated texture map

Post by Wester547 »

It has came to my notice that in every renderer Unreal has, with the exception of Glide (or rather, a Glide wrapper), this certain pixelation remains the game no matter what (for me, with this texture, in particulars):

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/5484/pixellate.jpg

The capture is using OpenGL. Pixelation is lucid with the S3TC textures as well. Does anyone know a fix around this? If not, it's okay. This has been a limpidly abounding recurrence of note on every computer I've played Unreal on, and I've played it on both ancient ATi hardware to modern nVidia hardware. My system specifications are:

Microsoft Windows XP 32-bit Media Center Edition SP2
AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Venice core @ stock
2GB Of PC3200 DDR-SDRAM
512MB GDDR3 nVidia GeForce 9600 GT low power/low profile (@ stock frequencies, using the latest ForceWare 186.18 drivers, though this has been a problem for me for every driver I've ever used on every graphics card I've ever used; I've used the 175.16 - 186.18 ForceWare drivers with this card, to give studious specification)
Integrated Realtek HD Audio
250GB SATA HDD
ETC

Does anyone else come to bear with this same problem? If anyone knows a fix around it for OpenGL, that'd be very much appreciated, duly-noted, and great. If not, I understand.

Many thanks for your time and input.

(Also, I sincerely hope I posted this to the right forum of discussion.... ^^; And I'm not sure if this problem is pixelation, either, but... just thought I'd ask. ^^;)
Last edited by Wester547 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
[§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ
OldUnreal Member

Re: Question about pixelated texture map

Post by [§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ »

That pixelation is what I'm fighting to get back, why would you want to kill it? o_O
.:..:
OldUnreal Member

Re: Question about pixelated texture map

Post by .:..: »

It's just map setup (surface No Smooth) which can only be fixed by editing the maps.
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)

Return to “OpenGL & D3D for Unreal & UnrealTournament”