For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Stargate by Nick Clark (FIX)

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Stargate by Nick Clark (FIX)

Post by Leo T_C_K »

This map is infamous for UDSDemo conflicts and some bad filenames. To give credit where is due, the problem is rather on the side of Unreal Gold/Return to Na Pali as they changed the original UDSDemo without renaming it. UDSDemo was created by Creative Carnage, originally for AWGD but then released standalone as UDSDemo especially since AWGD was no longer being worked on. This map still won't work with UT though. And until now it didn't work properly on UnrealGold either. I'm also quite sure that this is a personal rework of an addon map with stripped resources (such as that mini queen it was originally a custom pawn for sure and the packs' weapons replaced with infiltration weapons).

It was most likely a map cut from AWGD or even the unknown Impel pack or something. But my bet is on AWGD. Since I seem to recall such a map seeing a preview but it had custom textures and the layout must have been different.

You can find this map separately in the oldunreal section. Don't use the map unr files, use these new ones.

https://oldunreal.com/downloads/unreal/ ... coop-maps/
https://www.oldunreal.com/maps/unreal/s ... argate.zip

my fix:

StargatePfix

You will need the Infiltration mod for Unreal in order to play this also.

It uses some of the UDSDemo actors quite well which makes me suspect it wasn't just a random map for sure, especially given some similarities. I bet those respawning flies and stuff that was maybe a type of zombie or another creature that was described. The mini queen sounds similar to the description from Andre Lowe:
there was also a monster that was a big 4 armed tall skinny thing with a
big disarticulating mouth. imagine the thing in stranger things only
with 4 arms and you're pretty much there. that thing spit acid too for some
reason.
Also given that there is a submarine and the main character was from Navy...it seems like its really AWGD map just like Spantobi Unexpected Threat was a Steele Dawn map...meaning this map got created originally in 1998 then the guy decided to strip it off its resources and stuff. All those little details seem to fit and the "stargate" name is tacked on rather abruptly here.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: Stargate by Nick Clark (FIX)

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Also Michael Clark (probably a relative) was a Creative Carnage "employee" and he also had Inferno Interactive as the main guy behind it (known for the Last Warrior addon for SW and the unreleased Stone Killer for Unreal). It can't be Stone Killer this map though that was entirely urban stuff with nothing like this.
And we have the full roster for SK, the team members I mean. Nick didn't work on it.
Gamesharder
OldUnreal Member

Post by Gamesharder »

Nice.
This is actually a fun map given how early it was made.
Worth checking it out!
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Gamesharder wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:10 pm Nice.
This is actually a fun map given how early it was made.
Worth checking it out!
For some reason on 227i when I tried it, the wall can't be opened by the infiltration frag grenade...I had to summon botpack.warshell to get in lol.

That's really odd behavior though.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”