For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal Tournament v469a Patch Release

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

anth
Administrator

Re: Unreal Tournament v469a Patch Release

Post by anth »

would love to see an Arm binary for Linux.  UT 451 runs on the Raspberry Pi 4 using Box86 ( https://github.com/ptitSeb/box86 ), though you have to jump through hoops to get the OSS sound working. 

FPS gets down into the mid 20s sometimes, which is probably due to having to translate x86->arm on the fly. 

469a does not yet work with Box86.  I've let the author know, and maybe Box86 gets changed so that it does (seen him do that with multiple programs so far), but again, I'd love to see a native Arm version

*EDIT*
box86 patched ( https://github.com/ptitSeb/box86/commit ... 333276c550 ), 469a now runs on the pi 4.  FPS at the top of Morpheus looking down has gone from 27 in 451 to 40 in 469.  So that's great!  Menu text in non monitor native res looks pretty bad compared to 451, but so what really.  Also actually noticing screen tear now, which I didn't with 451.  And who knows if that is the new patch, or box86 or some combo.  But wow it runs better.  Still, native pls ;)
Which resolution are you playing at? We have 469 running on the pi4 natively but it's struggling to maintain 30fps @ 720p.
Carbon
OldUnreal Member

Post by Carbon »

Good luck Carbon !
Considering there are bugs yet to deal with and find, that is brave unless you are testing with a copy of your game folder.
I backed up the folder first. :) I have a lot of faith in the patch but it's always good to be careful.
MamiyaOtaru

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

would love to see an Arm binary for Linux.  UT 451 runs on the Raspberry Pi 4 using Box86 ( https://github.com/ptitSeb/box86 ), though you have to jump through hoops to get the OSS sound working. 

FPS gets down into the mid 20s sometimes, which is probably due to having to translate x86->arm on the fly. 

469a does not yet work with Box86.  I've let the author know, and maybe Box86 gets changed so that it does (seen him do that with multiple programs so far), but again, I'd love to see a native Arm version

*EDIT*
box86 patched ( https://github.com/ptitSeb/box86/commit ... 333276c550 ), 469a now runs on the pi 4.  FPS at the top of Morpheus looking down has gone from 27 in 451 to 40 in 469.  So that's great!  Menu text in non monitor native res looks pretty bad compared to 451, but so what really.  Also actually noticing screen tear now, which I didn't with 451.  And who knows if that is the new patch, or box86 or some combo.  But wow it runs better.  Still, native pls ;)
Which resolution are you playing at? We have 469 running on the pi4 natively but it's struggling to maintain 30fps @ 720p.
1280x720.  1024x768 is a frame or two slower, 720x480 a frame or two faster.  It is close to 60fps most of the time, going down to 40-42 with a lot of level geometry in view, getting close to 30 when there with some bots fighting.  Worst vantage point I've found so far is the sniper tower on Phobos.  Even there it is staying above 30. I mean I guess that could be interpreted as "struggling to maintain 30fps" (though it is). But it is such an improvement over 451; control really starts to feel bad below 30fps, and I'm not getting that now. And of course 20 years ago I'd have been happy with 30. Can't expect too much out of that tiny machine.

I'd be curious how your performance is with Box86 (the installation is pretty straightforward on Raspbian).  As I'd be curious how the native one works for me!
Last edited by MamiyaOtaru on Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
childish

Post by childish »

How comes the file flags as a virus?
greyfrontier

Post by greyfrontier »

I appreciate the hard work! I didn't even know this existed! Thanks ever so much!
AbsoluteZero

Post by AbsoluteZero »

Hi all, I wanna start off by saying thanks to all who are helping with this project and helping the greatest and most customizable fps series of all time stay alive.

Now as for what brings me here, ive had someone report to me that they are using this new patch but are unable to join my clan's server because we run utpure, i wanted to know if anyone else has run into this issue and see if anyone has a fix for this. To be clear, we r not running this patch on our server, he is just running it on his client and is unable to join our server. I currently dont have much info from him as to what its doing, but i can talk to him more if needed. For now all i know is he is confident that utpure is keeping him from joining our server. I remember a spot in the utpure/ut .ini for pluggins and what not like Valhalla Avatar but not sure if thats the same thing i remember ACE having to allow certain files threw. Any thoughts?

Sorry if this has already been touched on, i skimmed threw all 4 pages on this fourm and the github but nothing jumped out at me on the subject.

Thanks for your time and hard work everyone.
AbsoluteZero

Post by AbsoluteZero »

I wanted to follow up on my last post. Turns out while UTPureRC7C does stop people with this new patch from playing on the server UTPureRC7G has no such issue. These are the only 2 versions of UTPure i have tested with this patch, so i cant say what versions have this issue and which dont, i can just say that if like us u have this issue then i recommend changing your utpure version to RC7G. In case anyone wanted to see it, i have this screenshot of the error from RC7C:

[img]http://ftbclan.net/images/ftb/newpatchpureerror.png[/img]
Last edited by AbsoluteZero on Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sc_neo

Post by sc_neo »

So i have been using version 469a for a couple of days @3840x2160 and i was wondering wether i can increase the font size of the F1 score info text or F2 server info text. At 4k it is barely ledgable, especially when you are just trying to take a peak during a match. Is this something i can configure in an ini or so?

Secondly: are the scoped crosshairs of the sniper rifle and reedmer fixed textures, or is there some way of increasing their resolution via ini values?
Zinc

Post by Zinc »

I appreciate this patch. It really improve gameplay.
The editor has new ways of doing things that I have to get use to.
I was very happy to see the batch texture export in the menu.
When I use it it says so many textures exported.
It happens very fast. I can't find the exported files. I don't think they are actually exported.
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
I can export one at a time like with the old editor.
Thanks
Last edited by Zinc on Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zinc

Post by Zinc »

So i have been using version 469a for a couple of days @3840x2160 and i was wondering wether i can increase the font size of the F1 score info text or F2 server info text. At 4k it is barely ledgable, especially when you are just trying to take a peak during a match. Is this something i can configure in an ini or so?

Secondly: are the scoped crosshairs of the sniper rifle and reedmer fixed textures, or is there some way of increasing their resolution via ini values?
Here's an image that may help.
https://ibb.co/drXgHt5
Last edited by Zinc on Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sc_neo

Post by sc_neo »

@Zinc

..thats it, thanks! Not really sure how i could have missed this.
PFML84

Post by PFML84 »

I managed to find and install the 469 patch on my Mac running Big Sur. So good to have this game back again and running mostly flawlessly on a modern system. I am having an issue though with connecting to some servers to play online, I get the following error (it doesn't happen all the time though, it appears to be random for me). Any thoughts on how to resolve this? Is it an issue with the server/map or something on my end? It doesn't happen all the time so I'm thinking its server side?

tedomedo

Post by tedomedo »

I still use 436. I didn't use 451 because i saw on many sites that 451 spoiled unreal editor. So please let me know what's different in 469.
Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Post by Neon_Knight »

tedomedo wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:05 pm I still use 436. I didn't use 451 because i saw on many sites that 451 spoiled unreal editor. So please let me know what's different in 469.
https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTournamentPatches
Besides fixing hundreds of bugs, the OldUnreal UT patches also add features such as:

* Raw input support and full mouse smoothing control
* OldUnreal's latest OpenGL 4-based 3d renderer (XOpenGLDrv)
* OldUnreal's latest OpenAL-based audio driver (ALAudio)
* Han's latest FMOD-based audio driver (Cluster)
* SDL2-based window management for the Linux and macOS clients
* The latest Demo Manager
* Unreal 227's Unreal Editor 2.2 (with some UT-specific enhancements)
* PNG support for screenshots
* Scaling control for in-game fonts and the game menu
* UTF-8 support for game ini, int, and log files
* Faster server downloads (even without redirect servers)
* Mouse wheel scrolling support for the game menu
* High-DPI awareness for the game and Unreal Editor
* Updated versions of Chris Dohnal's UTGLR OpenGLDrv and D3D9Drv renderers
Localization project coordinator/spanish maintainer

Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
tedomedo

Post by tedomedo »

Thanks. Should i firstly use 451 update and then 469 update or is it enough to switch from 436 to 469?
Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Post by Neon_Knight »

tedomedo wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:42 am Thanks. Should i firstly use 451 update and then 469 update or is it enough to switch from 436 to 469?
Should be enough to just patch to v469.
Localization project coordinator/spanish maintainer

Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
thiagoobr

Post by thiagoobr »

@anth

Hi everyone, I would like to join the group of people testing the 469c path. Can I participate in the testes?
dog_soldier

Post by dog_soldier »

Major thanks for the Mac patch in particular. Just donated 40 bucks.

I have foudn one issue, and a workaround. Using the mouse click as fire results in a lot of times a single shot weapon doesn't fire, partcularly repeatedly, compared to using a key. However, if you minimise, click on another application window, and then go back to UT and expand it again, the problem is rectified. Hopefully that give you some info to work out the problem.

Also, is there anyone here who'd be willing to unrap a few umods for me? No way of doing so on a Mac as far as I can see.
tlk
OldUnreal Member

Post by tlk »

dog_soldier wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:55 pm Major thanks for the Mac patch in particular. Just donated 40 bucks.

I have foudn one issue, and a workaround. Using the mouse click as fire results in a lot of times a single shot weapon doesn't fire, partcularly repeatedly, compared to using a key. However, if you minimise, click on another application window, and then go back to UT and expand it again, the problem is rectified. Hopefully that give you some info to work out the problem.

Also, is there anyone here who'd be willing to unrap a few umods for me? No way of doing so on a Mac as far as I can see.
FWIW
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=4977&p=97656#p97656
dog_soldier

Post by dog_soldier »

tlk wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:43 pm
dog_soldier wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:55 pm Major thanks for the Mac patch in particular. Just donated 40 bucks.

FWIW
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=4977&p=97656#p97656
Consider me 'interested' in a fixed version of the Perl thingy! Although my younger script kiddy self would be ashamed that I can't maange even presumably basic stuff.

I played UT for hours on end against my brother on LAN (remember LAN?) He went on to do complicated database shit, I went on to run a business in heavy equipment.
tlk
OldUnreal Member

Post by tlk »

dog_soldier wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:37 am Consider me 'interested' in a fixed version of the Perl thingy! Although my younger script kiddy self would be ashamed that I can't maange even presumably basic stuff.

I played UT for hours on end against my brother on LAN (remember LAN?) He went on to do complicated database shit, I went on to run a business in heavy equipment.
here it is http://file.sampo.ru/4245q7/
Either put the Win32/ dir and Umod.pm into a $PERL5LIB path or simply use it like this (from its directory) perl -I. ./umod

A business in heavy equipment is totally alright in my book...
dog_soldier

Post by dog_soldier »

tlk wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:58 pm
dog_soldier wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:37 am Consider me 'interested' in a fixed version of the Perl thingy! Although my younger script kiddy self would be ashamed that I can't maange even presumably basic stuff.

here it is http://file.sampo.ru/4245q7/
Either put the Win32/ dir and Umod.pm into a $PERL5LIB path or simply use it like this (from its directory) perl -I. ./umod

A business in heavy equipment is totally alright in my book...
Only problem is I'm on a Mac! I think that will run perl, but I'd need step by step moron instrucitons!
medor
OldUnreal Member

Post by medor »

you need 469b for MAC ? http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=Patches%2F&search=469&search_mode=f
cash68

Post by cash68 »

anth wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:04 pm Can you try [url=http://utgl.unrealadmin.org/OldUnreal/next/OldUnreal-UTPatch469a-macOS.dmg]this one[/url] please? If this doesn't work, then please create a ticket in our GitHub issue tracker.
Can you fix that link? I am also on a Mac Pro 5.1 tower, and I tried copying and pasting your link, but it's no good.

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”