For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Mesh Export

Ask UnrealEd 2 mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks
hlk_Bah
OldUnreal Member

Mesh Export

Post by hlk_Bah »

I am having trouble exporting a mesh from UT 99 to Unreal. I tried to follow the Unreal Wiki tutorial, but I am missing something because I can't get it to work. When I try to save the package, it says "missing file name". I am trying to export the LightCone mesh. Any help is appreciated, I am not very good with the editor, let alone scripting. Thank you! :-[
I was so poor growning up, it's a good thing I was a boy, otherwise I'd have nothing to play with!
Smirftsch
Administrator

Re: Mesh Export

Post by Smirftsch »

use 227's UED2.1 for that, it contains a full (losless) mesh exporter :)
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Radi
OldUnreal Member

Post by Radi »

Not everyone know how to export these.. Im use Umodel to extract meshes, next step is to copy LightCone script and compile these to make new .u package. If you dont know how to do that, just write. :) cheers
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

problem is, that unlike the UED2.1 one none of the model exporters out there are able to export them flawlessly, if not a static mesh, the models are crippled somewhat (still usable most of the time though).
hlk_Bah
OldUnreal Member

Post by hlk_Bah »

Thanks for the help guys. Smirt, I cannot open any ut99 maps in my Unreal Ed 2.1, otherwise I would go that route.
I was so poor growning up, it's a good thing I was a boy, otherwise I'd have nothing to play with!
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

All you should need is custom botpack which is floating around somewhere, but I don't have a recent link for it and can't / won't support it in any way here due to its unclear legal status. Maybe even some dummy botpack.u could do.
Gizzy
OldUnreal Member

Post by Gizzy »

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z3finxzpigshi06/wY4fCVYBsg

drop these in /system
Also make a folder called "UT" (or w/e you want) in your Unreal/sounds, /textures, /music and /maps folder and drag across the respective files from UT. (So files in c:/unrealtournament/maps go in c:/unreal/maps/ut and so on)

Next open Unreal.ini and under [Core.System] edit the paths to look something like this

Paths=..\System\*.u
Paths=..\Maps\*.unr
Paths=..\Maps\UT\*.unr
Paths=..\Textures\*.utx
Paths=..\Textures\UT\*.utx
Paths=..\Sounds\*.uax
Paths=..\Sounds\UT\*.uax
Paths=..\Music\*.umx
Paths=..\Music\UT\*.umx
Paths=..\Meshes\*.usm

and then add EditPackages=BotPack under [Editor.EditorEngine] further down, then save unreal.ini
Open the editor, you should have all botpack assets loaded!

Also botpack227 isn't supported by smirf or the dev team, so if anyone encounters any bugs loading UT maps/mods, fire questions at me and ill look into it
Last edited by Gizzy on Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hlk_Bah
OldUnreal Member

Post by hlk_Bah »

Thank you, Gizzy! However, I do receive an error msg. when trying to open a map using Botpack. I sent you a p.m., I'm not sure if you've checked it or are just very busy with "life". This is the error msg. I receive...
Failed to enter Autoplay.unr Can't find BoolProperty in file 'BoolProperty Engine.Pawn.bDoAutoSerpentine'
Not sure what that is about. Thank you for your help!
hlk_Bah
OldUnreal Member

Post by hlk_Bah »

Ok, I got this to work. Now the problem is that players can't join the maps that I used Botpack in. They are missing the .uax packages (male1voice, female1voice, etc...) I tried to add the missing packages to the serverpackages in my .ini so that they could just d/l them, but that didn't work. Any suggestions?
.:..:
OldUnreal Member

Post by .:..: »

www.klankaos.com/downloads/BotPackVoices.rar - For online fixed voice packs.
www.klankaos.com/downloads/BotPack.rar - For my latest botpack modification.
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)
hlk_Bah
OldUnreal Member

Post by hlk_Bah »

Thanks a lot, dots! Do I even need to add botpack or any of the voice packages to my serverpackages?

Return to “UnrealEd 2, the editor for UnrealTournament”