For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Model animation editing?

Questions and tools for modelling.
LannFyre
OldUnreal Member

Model animation editing?

Post by LannFyre »

Okay I made this topic in the wrong section, copy/pasted stuff, couldn't delete the thread but now I could and did, everything is bad and I'm very sorry.

My question is: how would I go about exporting the model/animations of Male3 so I can edit them?  I want to add a punch animation and a kick animation.  Here are some links I've found on this forum:
[url]http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1439384432[/url]
[url]http://www.gildor.org/downloads[/url]

So basically I need a list of programs I'd need to use then some instruction on how to properly export/import the model back into the game.
Last edited by LannFyre on Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i tryin'a be a gud boi
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Re: Model animation editing?

Post by gopostal »

You do realize that in a single sentence you asked glibly how to literally do everything? Entire forums are spent discussing what you want distilled down into a reply post.

Export/alter/import of models is *not* something you are going to learn in a weekend so you can bang it out and move on. If this is something you really want to do then you need to full stop everything else and start watching YT how-to videos on vertex mesh editing. There's not a lot of great stuff out there to be honest and it's hard to find. Everything is skel mesh and most of the makers of vert stuff are long gone from the scene.

My advice? Don't spend the time doing this. It'll be wasted. Spend the time learning to rig a skeleton and import your own totally custom model and make it do all the things you want. The 2k4 player model skeleton would do nicely and you have a template to follow. As a bonus the things you learn as you go will translate forward into other projects. You'll spend about the same amount of time either way but learning skel will return more in the long run.

Anyway just my 2 pence.
I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day
LannFyre
OldUnreal Member

Re: Model animation editing?

Post by LannFyre »

Hot damn, I didn't realize I was asking so much on that one so I apologize. That is a good idea though, have any videos you could recommend (based on the dragon you made)?
i tryin'a be a gud boi

Return to “Modelling”