For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Latest wine(s) no good? Help.

for Unreal & UnrealTournament
byteFrame

Latest wine(s) no good? Help.

Post by byteFrame »

I've been running Linux for quite some time, and running Unreal Engine 1 based games on it, with some work, fairly well for some time as well. Using the Opengl Patch from this site on Unreal Gold, and the utgl driver for UT and Deus Ex, I've been running just fine. Regardless on my main machine (which runs an nvidia card) I've been forced to use version 20041019, because for the 2005based stuff and up, no Unreal Games seem to work correctly. They don't go fullscreen, and basically just dont do anything at all, except display the logo bitmap of the game in quesiton.

Is this just me? Running slackware I compile wine from source with the ./tools/wineinstall script. It works great, but if any of you are running Unreal with the latest versions of wine, what do you think I could check out for making this work? I've like to stay very current with wine, but on this machine, which Unreal is on, I can't.

Thank you very much.

Return to “Linux-Board”